• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I imagine we'll hear the movies near the end of the month, like on the 23rd or 30th. I wonder if it'll just be some of the questions during that one day from a while back & reading them on air.

LOLDSFAN

The first one was OK, but the second one tasted pretty bad. Once the hunger went away my body realized how bad it was. Also those little container things are not worth the trouble! Takes like 5 minutes to assemble them and the thing falls out anyway. 4/10 would not eat again.
Until I'm forced to because I have nothing else.

Also 21...

Raxus

So the usual line up tonight at 9:00 PM EST guys. Get hyped as Valvrave season 1 comes to an end.

At this point if it doesn't end with a beach episode with the giant robot and the final 5 minutes being the climax I will be severely disappointed.
so i imagine Space Dandy is gonna make an appearance on the Q&A. think they'll take this opportunity to announce the movies as well?

I'd be happy if they mention Kill la Kill. Unlikely but would still be a good sign it is on their mind.

Speaking of which the last few episodes have been very tame censorwise IMO.

most of this page has been nonsense what the heck guys

when were you under the impression that all of these pages aren't nonsense?

aizen_ss20.jpg

MikeMyers

I cant wait until we get to the Final Act where it's revealed that
the true troll of the series isn't even Naraku, it's the Shikon Jewel itself

Crocodile

I'm at (have been for the past few days) a conference with limited internet access so I'll be missing the pre-show and most likely won't be able to watch Toonami live :(

Have fun you guys :)

bigkrev

most of this page has been nonsense what the heck guys

Seda plz. What else are we going to do with our
pitiful
lives?

Also, fair warning- this episode of FLCL is my least favorite, and probably the weakest of the series (only episode 6 is in that discussion)

Will still probably be the best thing tonight

Seda plz. What else are we going to do with our
pitiful
lives?

Also, fair warning- this episode of FLCL is my least favorite, and probably the weakest of the series (only episode 6 is in that discussion)

Will still probably be the best thing tonight

This episode probably has one of my favorite sequences. SPOILERZ:
When Mamimi sees Canti flying to the clouds

bigkrev

This episode probably has one of my favorite sequences. SPOILERZ:
When Mamimi sees Canti flying to the clouds

Problem is, all other episodes have better moments

Episode 3:
everything with Ninamori and Naota is GOLD
Episode 4:
Naota "murdering" his father and him finally "swinging the bat" in the final battle
Episode 5
South Park scene

If you are a series version, DO NOT CLICK ON EPISODE 5. It will blow your minds!

bigkrev

Hey, at least I clearly marked mine!
And i'll talk about my complaints with this episode after it airs tonight, but will say that it at least explains what the fuck is going on

Problem is, all other episodes have better moments

Well, that's going to be a YMMV situation, though I do like some of your examples, I feel they are more
focus of the episode
, rather than a isolated sequence, like mine.

I never really found the
South Park sequence
all that great. Especially compared to the
manga sequence (both of 'em).

And happy birthday to all from the old fart in this thread.

bigkrev

Well, that's going to be a YMMV situation, though I do like some of your examples, I feel they are more
focus of the episode
, rather than a isolated sequence, like mine.

I never really found the
South Park sequence
all that great. Especially compared to the
manga sequence (both of 'em).

And happy birthday to all from the old fart in this thread.

The
South park scene genuinely shocked me when I first saw it. Yes, the scene is super duper stupid, but it's totally novel, and when I saw it first in 2003, it seemed like the most progressive thing i'd ever seen in an anime.
. But on the whole, episode 5 is pretty great. the
gun cocking in Naota's head making him act super horney and cocky, the gun fight with his father, and even the callback to the South Park joke later on when he pulls the strings on his hoodie and looks like Kenny.

I don't think it can be argued that episode 3 isn't the best episode in the entire series though. Best character interactions, great action scene, and tells a great story. You could probably put that episode out as a stand alone, and it would work.

I don't think it can be argued that episode 3 isn't the best episode in the entire series though. Best character interactions, great action scene, and tells a great story. You could probably put that episode out as a stand alone, and it would work.

Though I tend to think of FLCL as a complete work rather than individual episodes, I can agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom