• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone was crazy enough to make a waifu thread? Oh boy (edit: eh, video game waifus)

And I'm 80-95% close to caving in and buying the One Piece DVDs just to get myself caught up with what Funi has released so far

I do have one request for kayos should the preshow happening this evening. If I''m not around by the time the preshow starts, could you possibly preempt Valvrave (or don't bother showing it all)? I would much prefer to watch it with the rest of the group just so I can laugh at how much the show pisses them off than watch it alone

Levyne

Banned
Part of the reason I don't really watch anything by myself. With toonami or sports I can just go to the related thread. That's the only way I find it interesting. Would much rather play a game, otherwise.

Levyne

Banned
One of the reasons I never really got into DVR ing anything either. I always find it amusing when cable companies have to advertise RECORD 5 THINGS AT ONCE. It just must appeal to people much different than me or something.

One of the reasons I never really got into DVR ing anything either. I always find it amusing when cable companies have to advertise RECORD 5 THINGS AT ONCE. It just must appeal to people much different than me or something.

At my household it's necessary as they my parents and siblings all want to watch different shows that come on at the same time but nobody is generally home when they air live. I only really watch sport events and toonami so it doesn't do much for me.

Levyne

Banned
XOcWogm.png

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
There is nothing more fun then watching stuff with a group. Real reactions from first time viewers is always priceless

It's why this thread can be so active despite being in community but also is just more active than most threads in general.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a really full day that could turn out to either be really awesome or really awful, so don't expect the Toonami preview until really late tonight.

Tenumi

Banned
Finally got around to finishing off my recordings:

Bleach, Naruto: Plot, plot, etc.

One Piece: That's a pretty neat island....

Soul Eater: Cliffhanger!

Sword Art Online: You know, overall, the Asuna/Kirito romance isn't too bad. Just rushed. Also, cliffhanger!

FLCL: Fooly.... Cooly....

Raxus

I dunno if I can come up with a theme tonight seeing as things are going to be all over the place.12:30 to 2:00 is going to great though.

And then SAO will happen...
Gonna need extra tables for tonight GaimeGuy

Levyne

Banned
I hope Bleach goes back to surprisingly good battle sequences rather than barbecue sequences.

Nope, more Kon hijinks (I don't actually know, and I don't really care too, but that one filler episode was pretty good, so I guess I can be hopeful)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You youngsters with your Blu-Rays & 1080p & digital recordings and internet streaming. Back in MY day, we had to use these things called ANTENNAS, and we'd have to turn a knob on this box so the antenna would turn until we could see the picture in 240p! Not to mention OUR cartoons were in the MORNING, so you had to make sure to wake up early enough. & we had to do the recording ourselves with cassette tapes! & if you missed it, you had to be lucky & knew a friend who might have recorded it himself! We didn't have the ability to watch stuff on the internet yet!

I'm only SLIGHTLY older, being 22 since Sept. 21st, but being a kid with no Dish until 14-ish/2005-ish, that's how I watched stuff like Fox Kids

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Let's see...

Bleach filler, BEST FIGHT IN NARUTO, more Water Seven fun, nearing the end of Soul Eater canon,
Arc 1 of SAO finishes up
, FLCL (which I'll tune out) then the daylight savings goodies.

Tenumi

Banned
You youngsters with your Blu-Rays & 1080p & digital recordings and internet streaming. Back in MY day, we had to use these things called ANTENNAS, and we'd have to turn a knob on this box so the antenna would turn until we could see the picture in 240p! Not to mention OUR cartoons were in the MORNING, so you had to make sure to wake up early enough. & we had to do the recording ourselves with cassette tapes! & if you missed it, you had to be lucky & knew a friend who might have recorded it himself! We didn't have the ability to watch stuff on the internet yet!

I'm only SLIGHTLY older, being 22 since Sept. 21st, but being a kid with no Dish until 14-ish/2005-ish, that's how I watched stuff like Fox Kids

I miss Fox Kids. Digimon, Power Rangers... that block meant probably just as much to my childhood as Toonami did.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

It was the exact same for me, back in the day, my parents wouldnt give me cable back in the day. So my channels was fox, WB, ABC family, and UPN

MikeMyers

Let's see...

Bleach filler, BEST FIGHT IN NARUTO, more Water Seven fun, nearing the end of Soul Eater canon,
Arc 1 of SAO finishes up
, FLCL (which I'll tune out) then the daylight savings goodies.

Best Fight in Naruto is
Naruto, Jiraya, & Tsunade Vs. Kabuto & Orochimaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom