• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright guys. If you didn't fill out the Preshow Watchblock survey regarding what new/old show to watch then fill it out below. It's hidden in this post so quote to see the link.

I had to remove one entry by the way. lol. Anyway, it seems like more people want a new show instead of an old show. Not sure what this directly means when Space Dandy begins to air..... Hm...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Going for gurren lagann, once again. Havent seen it in a while and want to watch with a group of people.

Moaradin

Don't know anything on that list other than Gurren Lagann and Accel World, so I voted for Lagann. Would love to see the reactions from people who hasn't seen it yet.

foxuzamaki

I really want MVP to see it so he can understand why we're so hyped for kill la kill
also im surprised hitkyo hitman reborn was never suggested.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Lately, I've been watching a lot of the "This is how you DON'T play" series, where people take the playthroughs of YouTube user DarkSydePhil (DSPGaming) and create a montage showing him being an obnoxious cunt that refuses to listen to instruction and constantly blaming the game for his own mistakes (with viewer comments posted on screen calling him out for it).

Well, I want to imagine what DSP playing Sword Art Online would be like.

"Okay. ... Okay. How do I use healing items? It doesn't explain how to do that! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT WOULD HURT ME?! Pfffft whatever. *burrrrps* First boss, oh god he took half my life bar in one hit! What the fuck? *clown laugh* Oh and I died, this is fucking stoo-" *dies in real life*

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lately, I've been watching a lot of the "This is how you DON'T play" series, where people take the playthroughs of YouTube user DarkSydePhil (DSPGaming) and create a montage showing him being an obnoxious cunt that refuses to listen to instruction and constantly blaming the game for his own mistakes (with viewer comments posted on screen calling him out for it).

Well, I want to imagine what DSP playing Sword Art Online would be like.

"Okay. ... Okay. How do I use healing items? It doesn't explain how to do that! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT WOULD HURT ME?! Pfffft whatever. *burrrrps* First boss, oh god he took half my life bar in one hit! What the fuck? *clown laugh* Oh and I died, this is fucking stoo-" *dies in real life*

Links to these vids plz.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
so was that kind of a big deal when Luffy smacked Vivi then?

Yep. That's why the rest of the strawhats reacted so negatively to it at first.

"Luffy you're going to far! You can't [punch a girl]"

Luffy don't give a fuck though. That's why he starts out the series by punching a woman.
Sure but we aren't talking about some waif-ish barmaid or even a generally nice person of importance like a doctor or something being tossed around. We are talking about a potential undead, mercenary swordswoman who would both have the skillset and desire to take Inuyahsa out. Or in any other series replace Jakoutsu (sp?) with some sort of mad scientist, evil sorceress that can shoot lasers our of her eyes, a succubus/vampire, a ferocious kunoichi, etc. I would think that young boys can distinguish between a witch bent on world domination and little Sakura sitting in the row in front of them no? Also, is the implication that these boys go around beating each other up playing the characters from their favorite shonen? That isn't a good look either :p
They mostly just care about parents complaining or suing. Not what the kids may actually do. /corporate-lifestyle

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Luffy is a CAPTAIN and falls under the Bright Noa rule that captains can hit teenagers as much as they want.

See also Holland for more proof of this rule.

Yep. That's why the rest of the strawhats reacted so negatively to it at first.

"Luffy you're going to far! You can't [punch a girl]"

Luffy don't give a fuck though. That's why he starts out the series by punching a woman.

ok, this barely counts
alvida2.jpg

foxuzamaki

holy crap chapter 39 is completely different than the anime
Going off my fleeting memory of when I originally watched soul eater, I dont remember BJ getting killed at all!But he has only been shown in 2 chapters in the manga before this happened!

LycanXIII

tumblr_mvn4jhlhnY1r6gopco1_500.png

ANOTHER BIG HONKIN’ TOONAMI ANNOUNCEMENT:
Hey guys! It’s only been a week or two since we announced the happy news that we’ll be world premiering SPACE DANDY on Toonami in January, but we’ve got more big news we’ve been dying to communicate to you.
First, some bad news: Naruto will be leaving Toonami on November 30th. Don’t worry, it’s out there streaming in several places if you want to continue the story (and we think you should).
But the GOOD news is, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN is finally coming home to Toonami in January, premiering the same night as Space Dandy (final date tbd)!
And yes, it will be uncut. And glorious.
There’s more news coming down the pike, but for now, enjoy your regular Naruto eps and prepare to get caught up, because SHIPPUDEN. IS. COMING.
We’re excited! Hope you are too.
Stay Gold!
Love, the Toonami Crew

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/66229144430/another-big-honkin-toonami-announcement-hey
There goes the Filler.

LycanXIII

Oh right, duh. Still leaves a few nights though, wouldn't it?

Yeah, January would still be open. Maybe they move the rest of the shows up and then slide Shippuden in? We don't know the exact date, so they could just show KickHeart on repeat until it airs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh. Interesting decision. Surprised they were able to get the Shippuden license.

....of course, I don't care for Naruto, so the news is "eh" for me. Though considering that AND Space Dandy on the same night, I wonder if we'll see a huge boost in viewers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My only issue with that is that we're never getting to group watch two things. One is episode 103, the single greatest episode of Naruto. The other is that I would have loved to watch the Sauce retrieval arc with you fine people.

I have never made it much past the first arc of Shippuden. Still I'm glad its coming home so to speak.

My only issue with that is that we're never getting to group watch two things. One is episode 103, the single greatest episode of Naruto. The other is that I would have loved to watch the Sauce retrieval arc with you fine people.

I have never made it much past the first arc of Shippuden. Still I'm glad its coming home so to speak.
Yeah, group watching Naruto has been fun and nostalgic . Hopefully everyone here has seen most of it and not completely lost at the start of Shippuden

foxuzamaki

holyshit, MEGATON! alright guys im gonna suggest that we have a special preblock of watching the last naruto arc before it ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ goes into shippuden, so the transition can be a whole lot better plus its the best arc in naruto before it goes into shippuden.

holyshit, MEGATON! alright guys im gonna suggest that we have a special preblock of watching the last naruto arc before it ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ goes into shippuden, so the transition can be a whole lot better plus its the best arc in naruto before it goes into shippuden.

As a huge Naruto fan that absolutely loves the last arc, I agree. I might even see it again myself for funsies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It really isn't hard to explain to anyone who hasn't seen the show.

Hell it's easier to explain than One Piece which started at a comparable number of episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom