• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
holyshit, MEGATON! alright guys im gonna suggest that we have a special preblock of watching the last naruto arc before it ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ goes into shippuden, so the transition can be a whole lot better plus its the best arc in naruto before it goes into shippuden.

i'd be up for this, though i don't want it to replace our current block, either.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Man the best (only good?) Shippuden arc doesn't start until episode 72 :(

As a person who obviously is in the know about alot of naruto, shippuden has alot of really great arcs, infact I think the filler really hinders it and led to the impressions that its worse than it is, the start of the shippuden saga is actually really great, and is probably the most useful sakura has ever been, plus its a timeskip, and you know how I love timeskips.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But I want to see the final arc with you guys. D:

Honestly I really wanted to watch filler hell with all of you. I did it basically all on my own back in the day (by the time I got my buddies caught up on Naruto it had just ended while I caught up almost near the beginning of filler hell)

Tenumi

Banned
holyshit, MEGATON! alright guys im gonna suggest that we have a special preblock of watching the last naruto arc before it ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ goes into shippuden, so the transition can be a whole lot better plus its the best arc in naruto before it goes into shippuden.

As someone whose first real watch of Naruto is revived Toonami, I'm all for this.

So that still leaves the replacements for Soul Eater, Sword Art Online and FLCL coming in the new year.

...I swear, we are getting spoiled in here.
Unless the replacements are terrible, of course.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably for the best. Had shippuden aired uncut on American television before?
Don't think so. Disney XD censored some stuff similar to back when Naruto originally aired on Toonami (swears, blood, suggestive content, etc.).

foxuzamaki

Probably for the best. Had shippuden aired uncut on American television before?

Well, it was on Disney, that was actually a real main concern back in the day, infact I remember it like it was yesterday it was just during that arc, ya know, with the cussing sailor(hint not actually a sailor) and we were wondering just how Disney was gonna handle that arc because it was part of the character.

foxuzamaki

Hold the phone. Anything after the exams worth watching in Naruto? It is my first time watching the series after all

theres alot you have to watch if you want to follow the story such as the introduction of sasuke's brother which would transition into the main threat in shippuden, and then the last cannon arc is really important aswell and is considered by fans to be one of the best arcs in naruto.

Tenumi

Banned
That is a strong possibility, I think we are all resigned to Fairy Tail showing up at some point.

I try to be such an optimist, but yeah, Fairy Tail is definitely going to show up. I just hope something shorter gets slotted in for the other two openings.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I try to be such an optimist, but yeah, Fairy Tail is definitely going to show up. I just hope something shorter gets slotted in for the other two openings.

I was thinking that Fairy Tail might replace Bleach, but Toriko makes so much more sense.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shippuden is coming? Interesting.

On the possibility of Fairy Tail: The bright side is that it's shorter than Bleach, Shippuden and One Piece.
Toriko would be nice, even if the anime is neutered compared to the manga.

foxuzamaki

As a person who has read fairy tail for like over a hundred chapters before putting it on hold indefinitely its not bad, its not great either, its a typical shonen, but it does have a unique setting and lore but like ive said in the past, it really feels like something that is suppose to replace one of the big three when either of them ends.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh I hope they don't try and use the shippuden movies to try and introduce the audience to it, the first few are god awful.

foxuzamaki

Really? Oh well

*chews salt*

go look up pretty much all the naruto OPs and EDs on youtube, they're really really great, with some lovely songs, its a shame naruto came during a period where CN wanted to make its own opening for shortened time, just like bleach though, the endings have the songs but none of the special animations and things that goes with it, just screen caps

I find it kind of odd that they're jumping around like this (also in OP), but I also wouldn't watch either of the two shows from the start either, so I'm not sure how I feel. Too bad for the few who haven't seen them before who are lost going into OP and Shippuden.

I quit watching Shippuden shortly after
Naruto goes 4 tails
, I found the pacing and animation to be too bad. I'll see if I can get back into the series.

Mature

Toonami is evolving at such a rapid pace. Can't help but be excited. Don't care for Naruto in the first place, but I'm just happy to see something more up-to-date appear on the block.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Toonami is evolving at such a rapid pace. Can't help but be excited. Don't care for Naruto in the first place, but I'm just happy to see something more up-to-date appear on the block.

It is astounding to think were the block was just a year ago, having to settle for Naruto Classic and Tenchi Muyo GXP as big debuts.

Levyne

Banned

Yeah, agreed, just nice to havent something more....relevant (?) near the front of the block

bananas

Banned
Let's not get ahead of ourselves!

It always seemed odd to start a programming block off at a half-hour. Might as well give the full hour to Toonami. Naurto is really popular and having "never before seen
on Toonami
episodes airing uncut" would be a pretty strong lead in.

foxuzamaki

So what arcs will we be missing out on?
after this arc, we would be missing out on
itachi coming back to the village
and
tsunade bcoming the 5th hokage
and then finally
the sasuke retrieval arc
unfortunately if we want to be caught up by the time Shippuden airs that's like 13-14 episodes each week.
haha I dont think that arc has that many episodes, might have to recheck though

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naruto gets a bit drawn out after this current arc ends but it never really gets bad until the filler starts. I blame the sixth opening for cursing the series forever.

Sixth opening is legit awful. The other ones during the filler era are great though and almost every single one of the endings is good, some are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom