• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

ENyJ6Dv.png
I like it! Sad to see GITS at the lowest point, but 3:00am isn't the best slot.

LOLDSFAN

Hey if any of you guys want Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY I have an extra key from the latest Humble Bundle. You can PM me and I'll edit this post if one of you guys take it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Must be SE's awful second opening that's sending all those people to sleep, preventing quad and penta million. Fairy Tail won't have this problem.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Inuyasha is a strange one. It's not as good as GITS and has been run more times/for much longer yet it still brings in this steady as hell audience.

My guess? Young fangirls who couldn't watch it the first time are setting their alarm clocks and getting their fill of it.

Or you know, the power of Inuyashagaf. Maybe all dozen of us are Neilsen households and completely mess up the percentages.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Half a million at 4am on cable is pretty great especially on a Sunday. Most channels are either just starting or are deep into infomercial land at that point. Hell I bet Inuyasha actually has more competition at 5 because some channels start news at that hour!

Inuyasha is a strange one. It's not as good as GITS and has been run more times/for much longer yet it still brings in this steady as hell audience.

My guess? Young fangirls who couldn't watch it the first time are setting their alarm clocks and getting their fill of it.

Or you know, the power of Inuyashagaf. Maybe all dozen of us are Neilsen households and completely mess up the percentages.
Maybe Toonami-GAF are fan girls. shyamalan.gif

Just when I think HxH can't get any better we get an episode like today's

That's what I said reading the manga, one day I'll catch up on the anime :X

NO WAAAAY MAAAAAAN! That would be just too R-E-A-L!

SILENCE! I will have no more pots throw onto the ground

Maybe Toonami-GAF are fan girls. shyamalan.gif

At what point did you think all of Toonami GAF wasn't fan girls

Aizensmirk.gif

I think I've watched maybe 100 episodes? somewhere around there. I did just jump back in recently, lol.

Ending of Alabasta arc is good, don't be afraid to skip Skypiea though its long and boring

Must be SE's awful second opening that's sending all those people to sleep, preventing quad and penta million. Fairy Tail won't have this problem.

Fairy Tail will do work as Bleach's replacement until Blood War is ready to air

They're both in an awkward place in the night though. Too late to stay up for and too early to get up for.

Yeah and both have already aired on New Toonami. I'd wager the complex episodes may get more viewers then stand alone ones. I won't miss any of those regardless of how late I work saturday or how early I work Sunday

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've basically convinced myself that they'll just rerun Bleach. It won't be the first time they've gone back and aired Soul Society. It might get swapped with Inuyasha:Final Act though in the timeslot.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just when I think HxH can't get any better we get an episode like today's

Which one was it because that arc has a lot of those moments.

I've basically convinced myself that they'll just rerun Bleach. It won't be the first time they've gone back and aired Soul Society. It might get swapped with Inuyasha:Final Act though in the timeslot.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did just that. Inuyasha has a known following, it gets strong ratings even at the tail end of the night. Swapping it and Bleach (when Bleach goes into filler and TFA starts) seems like a smart move.

An hour of Bleach makes sense to me as well, people will wake up for it and with an hour the fights may not feel as dragged out.

Finish Bleach and InuYasha, put Final Act at 12 and Bleach 5-6, finish final act and replace it with another popular shorter series like Attack on titan while stalling for blood war anime to be finished.

I can see that plan being pretty well received

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
An hour of Bleach makes sense to me as well, people will wake up for it and with an hour the fights may not feel as dragged out.

Finish Bleach and InuYasha, put Final Act at 12 and Bleach 5-6, finish final act and replace it with another popular shorter series like Attack on titan while stalling for blood war anime to be finished.

I can see that plan being pretty well received

It sounds like a perfect plan, will the two series be finishing around the same time?

Mature

60,000 Sesshomaru fangirls showed up for the second InuYasha episode, as shown by the ratings.
Curiosity drove me to a cursory google search for Inuyasha fansites or forums where they might actually congregate and group watch. Didn't find any outside the actual AS boards, really. Perhaps the fandom truly is strong enough to last way past it prime and in such droves... It's scary to think about.

It sounds like a perfect plan, will the two series be finishing around the same time?

There's 45 Bleach episodes left and 63 episodes of InuYasha so really 31-32 nights left of it. InuYasha will get at least 3 more weeks ahead thanks to the triple movie night. So almost a 13-16 week difference. I guess they could always do a best of InuYasha airing fan favorite episodes or repeat the last few dozen episodes to stall for time. Who knows maybe they'll feel that with how good InuYasha is doing at 5am they'll just put final act on then (doubt it)

MikeMyers

Curiosity drove me to a cursory google search for Inuyasha fansites or forums where they might actually congregate and group watch. Didn't find any outside the actual AS boards, really. Perhaps the fandom truly is strong enough to last way past it prime and in such droves... It's scary to think about.

I think the franchise is regaining a lot of structure now that the anime has a proper ending. Hell, the reason why I choose to start watching the whole thing over again last year was because I found out about the Final Act.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There's 45 Bleach episodes left and 63 episodes of InuYasha so really 31-32 nights left of it. InuYasha will get at least 3 more weeks ahead thanks to the triple movie night. So almost a 13-16 week difference. I guess they could always do a best of InuYasha airing fan favorite episodes or repeat the last few dozen episodes to stall for time. Who knows maybe they'll feel that with how good InuYasha is doing at 5am they'll just put final act on then (doubt it)

I could see them doing a reairing for a bit. TFA isn't long enough to justify the later time slot, plus it's brand new. No point in not trying to use it to get bigger numbers.

MikeMyers

Viz is re-releasing the anime on DVD and the manga in VizBig form.

I wonder if the DVD's have the "Change the World" and "One Day One Dream" openings? I know the HULU Version got rid of them.

Jintor

You know, I know most of us tend not to like Brain Scratch very much, but I wonder if (or rather, how much) it ties into the dream/dreaming motif that recurs constantly throughout Bebop.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, first I heard of GitS being co-funded. Guess they figured the movie was popular enough that they could make a profit by making a TV series.

I can't find a damn thing anywhere saying Gits Sac was co-developed by Cartoon network, even on project ig's home page it says igpx was their first collaboration with cartoon network to make a series. I won't doubt the man himself and it would explain why they can continue to reair gits at any hour because its another cheap/basically free show like igpx or big o s2

CN/AS co-funding GiTS means just that - here's some money, we believe in the project, etc., but we'll have no active say in the shaping the story, like with IGPX or Big O S2. In return for putting up some cash, CN/AS likely was able to get a nice deal on the broadcast rights.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Demarco has stated in the past that they own the rights to GITS:SAC/2nd GIG outright. The only reason that would be the case is if they had some involvement monetarily in its production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom