• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
i learned there's a new Gundam series coming out.

The story is set in the near future when Gunpla Battles, competitions that pit Gundam plastic models against each other, have become popular worldwide in the "Second Gunpla Boom."

what the FUCK, Sunrise

I didn't know people felt this way. Gonna have to rethink my opinions on everything. Is Cowboy Bebop's soundtrack actually that good or am I blinded by nostalgia?

I didn't know people felt this way. Gonna have to rethink my opinions on everything. Is Cowboy Bebop's soundtrack actually that good or am I blinded by nostalgia?

To be fair, I liked and enjoyed geass when I watched it the first time forgot how old I was then. I can see lots of its flaws now, I wouldn't say it's terrible, but it does have its problems.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Season 1 of Geass on a whole was pretty solid... season 2... oh god season 2 that was a disaster until maybe the final 3 episodes

See, that plays into what I was saying about so bad it's good. There has to be something solid underneath it all, you can't just say "oh we're going to make a show that's so bad it's good." There has to be something good underneath and I don't see that in Valvrave. I can see it in SAO, it's buried hella deep though.

You guys think Geass was bad? :( I actually liked it

Oh I enjoyed the hell out of it dude. I'd ride that crazy train anytime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To be fair, I liked and enjoyed geass when I watched it the first time forgot how old I was then. I can see lots of its flaws now, I wouldn't say it's terrible, but it does have its problems.
I think I gotta go with this. I liked it when it originally ran, but I was in high school (sophomore & junior year) and haven't seen it since it aired in 2008, so I don't remember much aside from some highlights.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I just gotta stick with my convictions. Robin is best waifu, I love the heck out of Naruto and I think Geass is pretty cool.

We have the same convictions cept I dont consider robin anywhere close to a waifu :p My current anime girl who took my heart is dorothy, maybe because I was younger but I didnt appreciate her and roger's interactions as much as I do now

Seda

Haha, I'm actually reflecting what type of shows I can enjoy even if plot/characters/narrative are subpar. I think I decided that usually these types of shows have to have a level of 'craziness' or somehow be 'over-the-top'. I'm thinking about shows like Deadman Wonderland, which I did enjoy in a sort of 'so-bad-it's-good' manner. Or the first few episodes Jojo's, which is just zany and weird. These shows have 'dumb' moments, but I find them somehow offset with a level of wackiness, difficult to explain.

But shows that are largely characters (usually kids) being stupid with terrible personalities and illogical motivations just aren't for me I guess. I just can't find myself to laugh at the trainwreck as I just complain instead.

What I like best about this group is that we have people with all sorts of tastes and preferences, so it's cool.

EDIT: I've also already said that fanservice and pandering turn me away as well, which Jojo's and Deadman were mostly void of.

Soon, and you guise know it.

iArW9mszSC0cV.gif

mhs004

I hope Fairy Tail comes to Toonami just for the reactions. I've never watched it myself and don't want to but the reactions when it gets announced would be hilarious.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I hope Fairy Tail comes to Toonami just for the reactions. I've never watched it myself and don't want to but the reactions when it gets announced would be hilarious.

FT is just your standard shonen manga, and its pretty much made to take the place of one of the big 3 when they end, nothing truly offensive about it other than its not a amazing story or anything, but its easily one of the most ecchi out of the big popular shonen.

FT is just your standard shonen manga, and its pretty much made to take the place of one of the big 3 when they end, nothing truly offensive about it other than its not a amazing story or anything, but its easily one of the most ecchi out of the big popular shonen.

By which you mean Bleach as it's the only one ending anytime soon

I would be ecstatic if they announced Code Geass was replacing FLCL when it ends, imagine we could watch Valvrave, SAO, and Geass every Saturday night

LOLDSFAN

I liked Code Geass.

Only parts I didn't like were
when certain characters died like the main character.

Tamanon

Banned
I liked Code Geass.

Only parts I didn't like were
when certain characters died like the main character.

Eh, I thought it was a perfect ending. I refuse to believe the conspiracy theorists
that Lelouch was driving the cart at the end. It would ruin the ending to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom