• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god that was horribad, I thought this series filler was good? This episode would have been awful even if 03 was the only version of FMA to exist

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
There's an Eva clip in that Toonami promo compliation vid that looked way too clean back when they briefly aired it. Almost looked like 1.11 footage

I don't understand why 03 introduced Scar and all the various plot points in central, then dropped them all for filler escapades. It's especially strange that Scar has apparently done nothing in 3 years since then.

i looked up some of the other stuff the writer behind FMA 03 is responsible for before working on the show. maybe don't Google any of these with other people around.

Angel Cop
Genocyber
Urotsukidoji
Violence Jack

what the hell was wrong with this guy

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
i looked up some of the other stuff the writer behind FMA 03 is responsible for before working on the show. maybe don't Google any of these with other people around.

Angel Cop
Genocyber
Urotsukidoji
Violence Jack

what the hell was wrong with this guy

Ah, violent 90's OVAs. These were the properties that American companies localized as TV anime just wasn't "violent enough".

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They've barely followed the manga already lol

I keep saying this to people who say the early part of the old FMA series is sooooooo much better than Brotherhood's. The first 15 episodes or so of the 03 FMA series are filler city, and that's BEFORE the series deviates from the manga completely.

I keep saying this to people who say the early part of the old FMA series is sooooooo much better than Brotherhood's. The first 15 episodes or so of the 03 FMA series are filler city, and that's BEFORE the series deviates from the manga completely.

It truly is a completely different series that just happens to have some similar story beats.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Except the story bits are done on a completely different time scale that makes no sense.

As mentioned already, they move the Nina stuff to when Ed is preparing for the state alchemist exam...

Problem is, that's 3 years prior to Lior. In other words, Scar's mingling around for years. LOL

The whole depiction of time is pretty messed up. Until the 8th Lab, the series is constantly jumping around from past to present to past again. It was very hard to keep track of the ordering of events as they're depicted, from what I recall.

And don't even get me started on what they did to Hohenheim and Roy.

Seda

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2013
(in total viewers)

12:00AM Bleach 0.9 HH, 1.263 million
12:30AM Naruto 0.8 HH, 1.146 million
1:00AM One Piece 0.7 HH, 938,000
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.7 HH, 890,000
2:00AM Sword Art Online 0.6 HH, 833,000
2:30AM Fooly Cooly 0.6 HH, 726,000
3:00AM Star Wars Clone Wars 0.5 HH, 659,000
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 558,000
4:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.4 HH, 488,000
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.4 HH, 493,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 600,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 568,000

Saturday night’s TOONAMI block presentations of Bleach (12 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24 & 18-34 and men 18-24 & 18-34, while Naruto (12:30 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24 and all targeted men demos. One Piece (1 a.m.) and Soul Eater (1:30 a.m.) both ranked #1 in their respective timeslots among adults 18-24 and men 18-24 & 18-34. Sword Art Online (2 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24 & 18-34. Both Naruto and One Piece increased dlievery of all key adult and male demos, while Soul Eater grew all key adults vs. the same time period last year.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Except the story bits are done on a completely different time scale that makes no sense.

As mentioned already, they move the Nina stuff to when Ed is preparing for the state alchemist exam...

Problem is, that's 3 years prior to Lior. In other words, Scar's mingling around for years. LOL

The whole depiction of time is pretty messed up. Until the 8th Lab, the series is constantly jumping around from past to present to past again. It was very hard to keep track of the ordering of events as they're depicted, from what I recall.

And don't even get me started on what they did to Hohenheim and Roy.

Yea but they had that amazing comedy episode focusing on Roy's team. That's always fun.

mhs004

Well Igxp and gets don't have that huge a following of shows like inyuasha who still gets good ratings late at night. Also have been on Toonami before as well. I made it just past one piece myself.

Jintor

I like that the second ad on that Toonami Compilation pack is "What happens when a game... becomes real?!?!? AND NONE OF THE RULES APPLY?!?!?!?!"

"HATE THE GAME. NOT THE PLAYER"

Jintor

Fuck, these ads are so cool.

"The greatest sorcerer on the planet... is a TEN YEAR OLD GIRL"

"IT'S ALL IN THE CARDS"

These things were so good at selling me on series

Levyne

Banned
I think Seda and I have an irrational liking for that one because it's the first we saw when we came across FMA on television.

Tamanon

Banned
Ready STEEAAAAADDDDDYY GOOOOOOO

Yeah, I enjoy it too. Probably second behind Rewrite for me.

Ultimate FMA opening of all time is the first Brotherhood one with Yui, Again.

Seda

Ready STEEAAAAADDDDDYY GOOOOOOO

Yeah, I enjoy it too. Probably second behind Rewrite for me.

Ultimate FMA opening of all time is the first Brotherhood one with Yui, Again.

And see, I don't care for Rewrite much. Music is weird. Everybody likes what they like.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You really liked this one the best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSky6F1JwUs ?

The song is way worse then the first OPs song, the visuals as a whole are worse (though a few shots like the Homonculi were good), and all in all it just doesn't get me pumped. I'll probably end up skipping it though this next batch of episodes.

Also I just saw an ad for Akira on GAF, it's like it knows

That was a pretty popular opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom