• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chemistry may be better then Melissa as a song, but I like the visuals for Melissa's OP then Chemistry's, both are fantastic though.

it's almost impressive how poorly Melissa fits FMA. Ready Steady Go isn't perfect in this regard either, but god damn. don't really see what's so great about the visuals either.

it's almost impressive how poorly Melissa fits FMA. Ready Steady Go isn't perfect in this regard either, but god damn. don't really see what's so great about the visuals either.

It's not a big deal if the lyrics don't match the show as long as the music is good. Obviously if the lyrics match the shows theme then it's great.

mhs004

I almost never drop a series regardless of how stupid or bad it gets. By the time I realized SAO was a steaming pile of garbage I was committed to see it though to the end.

Ehh if a show bores me and just sucks I drop it.I'm not going to waste time on things I don't enjoy.

Fuck, these ads are so cool.

"The greatest sorcerer on the planet... is a TEN YEAR OLD GIRL"

"IT'S ALL IN THE CARDS"

These things were so good at selling me on series
Best presentation of a animation block in the US ever. Great visuals, revolutionary mission statemet and Peter Cullen were a fantastic match. They could make hot shit Hamtaro look awesome.

how long did it take?

I marathoned it across 3 different days, watched like the first 10 episodes, then 7 more a few weeks later, then the finale a few weeks later.

Ehh if a show bores me and just sucks I drop it.I'm not going to waste time on things I don't enjoy.

I never said SAO bored me, I just said the show was stupid/bad. The show is hilariously entertaining and was a glorious train wreck I couldn't turn away from. The only anime I've ever legit dropped is Pokemon when I realized that Ash was never going to win anything and the series was just going to endlessly repeat forever.

mhs004

I never said SAO bored me, I just said the show was stupid/bad. The show is hilariously entertaining and was a glorious train wreck I couldn't turn away from. The only anime I've ever legit dropped is Pokemon when I realized that Ash was never going to win anything and the series was just going to endlessly repeat forever.

Yeah I get you. It just got to the point to were I was dreading watching the show and it legit pisses me off so I just dropped it. The only reason I watched it was because this attractive girl that sat next to me was a fan of it and talked about it all the time. I don't talk to her anymore.

Levyne

Banned
KuGsj.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Exciting news! The Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will be having a bit of a schedule change in December. It's nothing drastic I promise. We know that with the holidays coming people are busy and it's a happy and merry time! In order to better accommodate people we'll have two nights with movies to roundout the block. This means that some shows won't appear that night! It might be Steins;Gate, Darker than Black, or even Valvrave! You never know! The 21st and the 28th will be the movie days so get excited for the two surprise movies!

On another note, as Valvrave inches closer to its completion we'll need another show to round out the block. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann will be taking over Valvrave's second slot! Aren't you excited? I am!

If you haven't been joining us then you totally should especially if you haven't seen it. Peace out!

Exciting news! The Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will be having a bit of a schedule change in December. It's nothing drastic I promise. We know that with the holidays coming people are busy and it's a happy and merry time! In order to better accommodate people we'll have two nights with movies to roundout the block. This means that some shows won't appear that night! It might be Steins;Gate, Darker than Black, or even Valvrave! You never know! The 21st and the 28th will be the movie days so get excited for the two surprise movies!

On another note, as Valvrave inches closer to its completion we'll need another show to round out the block. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann will be taking over Valvrave's second slot! Aren't you excited? I am!

If you haven't been joining us then you totally should especially if you haven't seen it. Peace out!

Well after Wolf Children you're gonna have to pick something really amazing to top it lol

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
That blew my mind as a junior high kid when I heard that song was included & made it the first game I ever imported...& then a week later, Nintendo announced Elite Beat Agents, but still glad I got it, so great.

You did buy it after it was announced right :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You did buy it after it was announced right :p
Yeah, I still got Elite Beat Agents since I knew the song list was gonna be completely different, plus they did add improvements like SKIPPING THE INTROS (seriously, I don't know how many times I had to sit through Ready Steady Go's intro on Hard & Very Hard just to retry the song). I also imported the sequel as well. Just gonna suck if they ever make Ouendan 3(D) since it can't be imported due to region locking.

....& now for some reason, I wonder if a Wii U version would work.

As for pre-block, looking forward to seeing what the movies are.

Digimon: The Movie, kayos.
Subbed or dub that included the Digi-Rap
& that stupid Angela Anaconda short

bigkrev

Speaking of imports, what was everyones first import?

Mine was Bleach: Heat the Soul 2 for PSP, which was a simple but fun fighting game back in January of 2006. I was crazy for Bleach back then. I eventually traded it to someone freshman year of college for a PS2 copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 (before it got digital re-releases), but loved it.

No correlation to the fact that I stopped caring about bleach before the end of that year.

Seda

I don't import much, but recently I've imported the European copy of Xenoblade (before the NA version was announced) as well as Tales of Vesperia PS3.

no like how long did it take you to realize it was garbage haha

Oh lol

Episode 1/2: Wow this is pretty exciting so far, can't wait to see what they do with this
Episode 3: Alright we're introducing Kiritos team mates... LOL oh never mind
Episode 4: Loli want's his D? *face palm*
Episode 5: Asuna and Kirito have like no chemistry, this murder mystery is boring
Episode 6: Shared item space is romantic lol wut? KILLED MY WIFE LOL WUT
Episode 7: Wow every female Kirito meets wants his D badly, this is like a harem only the harem either dies or never shows up again
Episode 8: This is so dumb
Episode 9: LOL wtf is this shit
Episode 10: LOL wtf this is so bad
Episode 11: LOL oh god make it stop make it end
Episode 12: LOL has this series done anything right after the first episode?
Episode 13: LOL I hate this show so much
Episode 14: LOL is this real life?
Episode 15: LOL how does this show manage to one up itself every week?

That was more or less my reaction to the series as I watched each episode. So I guess it was somewhere around episode 8/9 that I realize the series was complete garbage.

Also my first and so far only import has been Last Window. I plan to import Another Code R once I mod my wii.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah, I still got Elite Beat Agents since I knew the song list was gonna be completely different, plus they did add improvements like SKIPPING THE INTROS (seriously, I don't know how many times I had to sit through Ready Steady Go's intro on Hard & Very Hard just to retry the song). I also imported the sequel as well. Just gonna suck if they ever make Ouendan 3(D) since it can't be imported due to region locking.

....& now for some reason, I wonder if a Wii U version would work.

As for pre-block, looking forward to seeing what the movies are.

Subbed or dub that included the Digi-Rap
& that stupid Angela Anaconda short

Dub ofcourse, the dialogue is what makes the movie.

Oh lol

Episode 1/2: Wow this is pretty exciting so far, can't wait to see what they do with this
Episode 3: Alright we're introducing Kiritos team mates... LOL oh never mind
Episode 4: Loli want's his D? *face palm*
Episode 5: Asuna and Kirito have like no chemistry, this murder mystery is boring
Episode 6: Shared item space is romantic lol wut? KILLED MY WIFE LOL WUT
Episode 7: Wow every female Kirito meets wants his D badly, this is like a harem only the harem either dies or never shows up again
Episode 8: This is so dumb
Episode 9: LOL wtf is this shit
Episode 10: LOL wtf this is so bad
Episode 11: LOL oh god make it stop make it end
Episode 12: LOL has this series done anything right after the first episode?
Episode 13: LOL I hate this show so much
Episode 14: LOL is this real life?
Episode 15: LOL how does this show manage to one up itself every week?

That was more or less my reaction to the series as I watched each episode. So I guess it was somewhere around episode 8/9 that I realize the series was complete garbage.

Also my first and so far only import has been Last Window. I plan to import Another Code R once I mod my wii.

i think it hit me at episode 3. the Kayaba/Kirito fight is still the worst episode of the show, but episode 3 comes in at a close second.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
After Ouendan, I imported a TON of PS2 titles, mainly Konami's music games (Beatmania 11 through 16, Guitar Freaks/Drummania Masterpiece Silver/Gold & V3, and Pop'n Music 9). Oh, & I imported Jump Ultimate Stars as well. Had a friend that was so interested in the game that we worked things out & he got his own copy as well. Latest import was E.X. Troopers on PS3 last year. & if it counts, I imported the EU version of DoDonPachi Maximum for 360.

So total, I've imported 3 DS games, 10 PS2 games, a PS3 game, & a 360 game.

i think it hit me at episode 3. the Kayaba/Kirito fight is still the worst episode of the show, but episode 3 comes in at a close second.

See watching it for the first time without having heard any of the "it's SHIT... SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" comments I didn't want to condemn and entire series as garbage as I had enjoyed the first two episodes. Around episode 6 is when the feeling of "wow this show is pretty bad" first sank in and episode 9 confirmed it for me.

Oh I also imported Tales of Eternia for the PSP, I think I actually imported that before I imported Last Window lol

Kayos, Yu Yu Hakusho Poltergiest Report and/or Castle of Cagliostro. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Oh, and I've never imported a game. I always wanted Jump Superstars when that first came out but didn't have the money (no job) or parents who were tech savvy enough to do it.

Kayos, Yu Yu Hakusho Poltergiest Report and/or Castle of Cagliostro. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Oh, and I've never imported a game. I always wanted Jump Superstars when that first came out but didn't have the money (no job) or parents who were tech savvy enough to do it.

You should still check out JUS, I finally played it recently for the first time and it was excellent.

Did I ever tell you guys that there's a lawyer in Texas that advertises himself as Brian Loncar "The Strong Arm". I wonder if his lawyer techniques have been passed down his family line for generations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom