• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Did I ever tell you guys that there's a lawyer in Texas that advertises himself as Brian Loncar "The Strong Arm". I wonder if his lawyer techniques have been passed down his family line for generations?

I live in Texas. I can try and confirm this for you. =D

Seda

Gonna be honest here.

All the comments similar to "Toonami-GAF iz gonna LOZE DER SHIT this episode of SAO" have gotten old and irritating.

kayos90

Gonna be honest here.

All the comments similar to "Toonami-GAF iz gonna LOZE DER SHIT this episode of SAO" have gotten old and irritating.

Double posting and laying down the law at the same time. Can't let you brew that starbucks yo.

Tamanon

Banned
Gonna be honest here.

Yeah it's pretty annoying. That and the One Piece/Naruto nonsense about "Well ths is pretty important later on!!"

Gonna be honest here.

I'm glad you said it, I was really close to posting something similar to this on the previous page.

We get it, SAO isn't a very good show. However, the constant 'Wait 'til toonami-gaf sees the next episode, it's the worst one yet LOL" posts are getting a little worn out at this point. Let's just sit back, watch the show as a group, and evaluate how we feel about it once it ends.

No offense to anyone aboard the negative-hype train

kayos90

I'm glad you said it, I was really close to posting something similar to this on the previous page.

We get it, SAO isn't a very good show. However, the constant 'Wait 'til toonami-gaf sees the next episode, it's the worst one yet LOL" posts are getting a little worn out at this point. Let's just sit back, watch the show as a group, and evaluate how we feel about it once it ends.

No offense to anyone aboard the negative-hype train

That's cool. On another note we waited for you on the pre-show! WHAT HAPPENED TO JOINING YOU JERK!

I live in Texas. I can try and confirm this for you. =D
lol I also live in Texas. That's how I know about him.

There's a self-titled "Strong Arm" lawyer in the Atlanta area too, and probably other places.
Maybe there is a family of lawyers in the world.

Gonna be honest here.

Eh, I don't mind them. I find I have very different standards than the rest of Toonami-GAF over what actually makes me go crazy. They mean nothing to me. The comments, that is.

See watching it for the first time without having heard any of the "it's SHIT... SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" comments I didn't want to condemn and entire series as garbage as I had enjoyed the first two episodes. Around episode 6 is when the feeling of "wow this show is pretty bad" first sank in and episode 9 confirmed it for me.

Oh I also imported Tales of Eternia for the PSP, I think I actually imported that before I imported Last Window lol

well, if i was a person who dropped shows instead of forced my way through them no matter what unless their length is ungodly, episode 3 would've made me seriously consider dropping it. i thought the first episode was dull, and the second one was clumsy as hell but ok at least.

of course, like you said this was probably a result of me hearing bad things about it pretty much nonstop. everyone said the first half was good, and here i am staring at a mediocre episode, a barely ok episode, and an episode that is incredibly fucking terrible. and it's going to go downhill, apparently.

also yes, go the full Fox Kids on Digimon

well, if i was a person who dropped shows instead of forced my way through them no matter what unless their length is ungodly, episode 3 would've made me seriously consider dropping it. i thought the first episode was dull, and the second one was clumsy as hell but ok at least.

of course, like you said this was probably a result of me hearing bad things about it pretty much nonstop. everyone said the first half was good, and here i am staring at a mediocre episode, a barely ok episode, and an episode that is incredibly fucking terrible. and it's going to go downhill, apparently.

All I knew about SAO going in was it's premise and some impressions of the first episode which were generally positive. Heck I got trolled as the OT at the time showed all the characters in episode 3 acting like they were main characters lol.

1343207004904.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Armstrong and Mustang switch levels of being overpowered between the two anime adaptations of FMA.

Though you could make a case for Scar '03 being the most op of them all.

Azure J

I realize now that I haven't exchanged names and such with Toonami-GAF.

NNID: AzureJay89

I'll get my SEN and 3DS stuff sorted out and post them later. Bumming my bro's 3DS for Pokemon has me pining for one of my own.

Seda

Considering how close toonami and funi are I wouldn't be surprised if Toriko doesn't air on Toonami sometime next year.

One of the responses DeMarco gave at one point seemed to hint that Soul Eater will be replaced by a FUNimation show, but that could have been reading too much into it.

Sorry to be vague.

One of the responses DeMarco gave at one point seemed to hint that Soul Eater will be replaced by a FUNimation show, but that could have been reading too much into it.

Sorry to be vague.

I mean OP and Toriko are funi's two big ongoing dubs, that and fairy tail but I feel like fairy tail would better be served at 12:00 as bleach's replacement

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funimation already had a bunch of their stuff on Toonami/Adult Swim, I wouldn't be surprised if they already had a few other shows ready for replacements.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For newish stuff you have Fairy Tail and Toriko as very likely choices.

For slightly older back catalog stuff that they could air? That list is endless. I think Kenichi would be great, I love that dub.

For newish stuff you have Fairy Tail and Toriko as very likely choices.

For slightly older back catalog stuff that they could air? That list is endless. I think Kenichi would be great, I love that dub.

My freaking man!

I've been singing the praises for Kenichi here lone-wolf style, glad to have another fan here.

I think most people are scared of Fairy Tail because they'll have to admit it isn't as awful as they say it is. I'm not saying it's great but while we're watching shows like SAO and GXP and parts of IGPX a show has to do something particularly awful or being incredibly boring for the awful label. Fairy Tail is at worst flashy fan service with predictable shonen fights and arcs.

bigkrev

I think most people are scared of Fairy Tail because they'll have to admit it isn't as awful as they say it is. I'm not saying it's great but while we're watching shows like SAO and GXP and parts of IGPX a show has to do something particularly awful or being incredibly boring for the awful label. Fairy Tail is at worst flashy fan service with predictable shonen fights and arcs.

All I know about Fairy Tale is that it features girls loosing their clothing all the time, and DTL loves it. So, NO IDEA how to procede.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

No, it is bad. Also for a time EVERY REVEAL WAS EXACTLY THE SAME

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I likes the fanservice though its censored compared to the manga, out of all the "big" shonen anime out there, its def the most risque

No, it is bad. Also for a time EVERY REVEAL WAS EXACTLY THE SAME

I assume you mean the reveal that
stahngun is gerard? That ties into an alternate dimension where everything is backwards. No one else is gerard in the series unless anime filler changed things

Seda

Fairy Tail sounds like something I would hate.

DeMarco wouldn't air it.

He wouldn't let me down.

I trust in DeMarco

Believe.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I watched the first ten or so episodes of Fairy Tail and have read various parts of the manga and while the criticism about it being same-y is quite frankly spot on it also never quite ends up being boring, which is quite weird because it is all tits, ass, girl problems, and fights solved by the power of friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom