• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And you would get hyped as shit off it

z1VjT8E.gif

anyways, Toonami would need like two more weeks of extras to get Blue Exorcist to air in March as a replacement for Sword Art Online. maybe more than that since Trigun: Badlands Rumble is only 90 minutes. maybe this is actually Soul Eater's replacement?

anyways, Toonami would need like two more weeks of extras to get Blue Exorcist to air in March as a replacement for Sword Art Online. maybe more than that since Trigun: Badlands Rumble is only 90 minutes.

Maybe it really is soul eaters replacement and we'll get another announcement of a show replacing sao soon

LOLDSFAN

Woooo! I need to lay off the Zelda a bit and pay attention.

Blue Exorcist!?!?!

I haven't heard much about it, but it sounds like a pretty good shonen that will fit Toonami well. Also I'm glad to see that a lot of us haven't seen it yet. No more "Just wait until you see X in SAO" stuff for this show.
AU7Amsc.gif

Also there appears to me a movie for it. So that could be a thing next December.

Tried to read the first volume of Blue Exorcist earlier this year, it bored me to tears.

Hope the anime is better!

The manga gets better, then worse, then alright, and now it's pretty solid but not amazing.

The anime takes a different route, keeping a pretty boring middle but a damn good finale.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's Titan I'm calling it.

They are reaching into the vault for FMP, all 3 seasons. God tier comedy and robot fighting action here we come.

Actually Level E would be a better pick. The greatest alien story ever told. What I wouldn't give to watch it with this thread. Especially considering most haven't seen it.

Seda

anyways, Toonami would need like two more weeks of extras to get Blue Exorcist to air in March as a replacement for Sword Art Online. maybe more than that since Trigun: Badlands Rumble is only 90 minutes. maybe this is actually Soul Eater's replacement?

Could be.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's a lot better if you go in blind, the first story arc is straight up amazing if you don't know what's coming.

Yeah, I might rewatch just to refresh my memory, now knowing the the legend behind YYH and HxH is responsible for it makes me want to hop back in it.

RedBoot

I really liked the first half of Blue Exorcist, but not so much the second half. Guess where the manga material runs out? Never did watch the last two episodes, I guess I'll wait for them to be on Toonami.

Seriously, though, they made the anime too early for this one. I think only the first 14 episodes are manga-adapted, and that's with about 2 eps worth of filler mixed in. There's one pretty good filler ep in there, at least.

I'm surprised how many people didnt know about it, I mean some years ago it was the next big thing.

I think it's moderately popular in Manga gaf. It was actually topping the manga charts in US for a while (as little as that says considering the industry here).

Also, the movie blew much of animegaf away (despite many watchers never seeing the show).

SkyOdin

Blue Exorcist is a great show for the most part. It was at the top of my list of great shows for Toonami, so I'm glad to see that someone agrees with me. It has some fun characters and action.

But yeah, they did adapt it into an anime too early. The series jumps the rails pretty badly towards the end when it ran out of manga material. Everything up to that point is a great series though.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think it's moderately popular in Manga gaf. It was actually topping the manga charts in US for a while (as little as that says considering the industry here).

Also, the movie blew much of animegaf away (despite many watchers never seeing the show).

Yeah I watched the movie aswell and loved it.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Huh. That's random. At least this should kill the idea that Toonami is just going to focus on the biggest titles and not dig back for anything shorter.

I'm more perplexed by the early announcement than anything. Why 4 months ahead of time? Maybe they couldn't hide some japanese press release about it?

And of course there are the scheduling theories involved.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Huh. That's random. At least this should kill the idea that Toonami is just going to focus on the biggest titles and not dig back for anything shorter.

I'm more perplexed by the early announcement than anything. Why 4 months ahead of time? Maybe they couldn't hide some japanese press release about it?

Apparently DeMarco just plain got sick of not being able to make the announcements himself, so now we get them earlier.

Raxus

Cool. I have never seen BE so it will be another fresh watch for me. Next show to drop will probably be another new series and then the one after that will likely be AoT. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Attack on Titan/Kill la Kill would replace Space Dandy after it finishes its run. Kill la Kill may be a stretch but AoT should have the dub going by then.

Jintor

I saw an episode of Blue Exorcist.

I think I didn't hate it. I can't remember if it was actually Blue Exorcist or that other series that has a lot of dudes with blue hair and spirits.

/edit yup that was it. 's okay

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Probably because of Aniplex USA, we knew Sword Art Online was coming about the same amount of time as this announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom