• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
animegaf has been gushing over the last 2 or so episodes, kinda excited to see what the hullabaloo is about

Cwarrior

It's SO GOOD. It's infinitely better as a group watch though. The reactions are always priceless. ALWAYS.

The first arc of level E would cause toonamigaf's minds to melt, it would make for an amazing watch together.

I've only seen the first 4 eps to blue exorcist it was pretty alright from what saw with the first ep being really good but I hear it pulls a kenshin/soul eater/Fma 03/magi where at some point it strays from the manga to go on filler route.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Apparently DeMarco just plain got sick of not being able to make the announcements himself, so now we get them earlier.
Probably because of Aniplex USA, we knew Sword Art Online was coming about the same amount of time as this announcement.
Makes sense. I bet Aniplex Japan has a thing where they make really early press releases about it and Demarco knows we'll just translate that in a second lol.

That still leaves us with a potential non-Aniplex show for February! Unless they do something crazy like double dip on Soul Eater for two nights, so as to start two new shows on March 1st.

Also this fits the weird theory that the big 3 american anime publishers will continue getting at least one show on the block (poor Sentai lol).

Again, Blue Exorcist is pretty damn big. Or at least the manga is, both in Japan and the US.
Well I just meant in comparison to the biggest long running shows that everyone begs for. I have no delusions of Toonami picking up an actually small series.

grandjedi6

Update all the lists!

Blue Exorcist: ~September 2014

Naruto: November 30th 2013
FLCL ("First" run): November 30th, 2013
FMA: Brotherhood: February 1st, 2014
Sword Art Online: February 15th 2014
Soul Eater: March 15th 2014
IGPX (Run #183): April 12th, 2014
GitS (1st GIG only): April 19th, 2014
Inuyasha: June 14th, 2014
GitS (2nd GIG): October 18th, 2014
Bleach: October 11th 2014
Clone Wars: Depends on how Jar-Jar's feeling
One Piece: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! I leave for one night and DeMarco and the crew announce Blue Exorcist? All my yes! Been reading the manga lately. Can't freaking wait.

foxuzamaki

I should check out the manga, I really want to get back into manga in general, I remember when I use to live near a barnes and nobles stores and I would go up there and buy claymore and naruto volumes, seriously tho, claymore is really great. Dont know why it isnt more popular.

grandjedi6

Actually we have two shows coming since something is replacing FLCL.

Right... I forget that the 2:30 AM spot has the potential to be a new show, even though it never is.

If FLCL runs during movie nights (we'll see), the new show should start Jan. 18th. Assuming they don't just repeat it a 2nd time.

Right... I forget that the 2:30 AM spot has the potential to be a new show, even though it never is.

If FLCL runs during movie nights (we'll see), the new show should start Jan. 18th. Assuming they don't just repeat it a 2nd time.

The 4 movies are various lengths, trigun movie night we should still get sao as that film is really short. Akira might take 3 hours after commercials

Btw, the main guy in Blue Exorcist is voiced by Toonami-GAF's favorite VA, Bryce Papenbrook. We'll never be rid of Kirito.
Although Rin doesn't suck like Kirito.
Sidenote: This acquisition does add another movie to our list of potential movie nights. And I hear the Blue Exorcist movie is quite good too.

foxuzamaki

Btw, the main guy in Blue Exorcist is voiced by Toonami-GAF's favorite VA, Bryce Papenbrook. We'll never be rid of Kirito.
Sidenote: This acquisition does add another movie to our list of potential movie nights. And I hear the Blue Exorcist movie is quite good too.

It's just a step below wolf children in the visuals department.

RedBoot

His voice for Rin is good. Probably because Rin is a more interesting/emotional character than Kirito. People will be having more fun with the voice for Yukio anyway. :)

Also, do we actually know what the movie nights are, or is the Trigun/Akira stuff just a joke?

RedBoot

Yeah, the movie nights are confirmed. Trigun, Akira, Summer Wars and Shamballa coming next month.

Ah, thanks. So hard to keep up with the thread sometimes. Weird that they're going with Shamballa over Milos, but I guess the latter was too new?

Never got around to seeing the Trigun movie though, so that'll be fun.

grandjedi6

The 4 movies are various lengths, trigun movie night we should still get sao as that film is really short. Akira might take 3 hours after commercials

I'm aware. I'm still not convinced that Toonami won't just preempt SAO again on Trigun night, if only to restart all the shows on the same day (Jan 4th).

Akira should take 3 hours. Eva 1.11 had an extra 16 minutes of commercials (though I'm sure Demarco would argue that they spent it on music videos/video game reviews instead). Although, Eva 2.22 almost ran exactly on average (only ~2 minutes extra). So Akira can air for 3 hours and only have an extra 11 minutes of commercials (and/or music videos, etc.)

If the other movies keep that trend then:

FMA: 2.5 hours (w/ 7 extra minutes of commercials)
Summer Wars: 2.75 hours (w/ 10 extra minutes of commercials).
Trigun: 2.25 hours (w/ 12 extra minutes of commercials)

That would result in SAO being skipped every night and FLCL only airing twice. Also would necessitate a 15 minute show on both Summer Wars and Trigun night.

Cwarrior

It's just a step below wolf children in the visuals department.

Not sure if that's good thing wolf children looks pretty average, Summer wars looks a lot better then it.

Blue exorcist movie art director is the guy behind the background art for studio ghibli's my neighbour totoro, haven't seen the movie yet,

I do remember the tv series looking really good for 26 ep tv anime.

Ponn

Banned
Holy crap, checked the guide tonight and cartoon network is showing Jingle All The Way before Adult Swim tonight.

mhs004

I like Blue Exorcist and exited it's coming but I wish Toonami would get a good newish Mecha like Gurren Lagann for an example. I love me some giant robot fights.

I like Blue Exorcist and exited it's coming but I wish Toonami would get a good newish Mecha like Gurren Lagann for an example. I love me some giant robot fights.

Dammit, we're already gonna watch it during the preshow. Do we really want to see it twice in one night?

I liked Syfy's Animonday block.It's where I first saw Gurren Lagann, the R.O.D OVA, and that weird show Tactics. As short lived as it was, it introduced me to shows I wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom