• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I had initially planned to stay at home and beat A Link Between Worlds while watching football and getting my shopping done but I got bamboozled into doing a big deal Thanksgiving instead and a smaller one on Saturday. Shouldn't change my posting in here unless it does.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
My dad's going back to Korea and I'm back at home in SA and I didn't bring my stuff. I'll be busy for the most part handling my dad taking off, him wanting me to buy stuff this Friday, and getting my mom set up digitally. I'm already tired from the drive from Austin. Long story short. I'm busy and tired.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
She kinda is, sorry to say. Her claim to fame is hanging out with Kilala, looking good in a not ninja outfit and having a giant boomerang.

MikeMyers

At least its not as embarrassing as Kiba.

Kiba was my favourite as a kid because I started watching during the Sakon fight, then I read the other arcs, and was dissapointed.

My dad's going back to Korea and I'm back at home in SA and I didn't bring my stuff. I'll be busy for the most part handling my dad taking off, him wanting me to buy stuff this Friday, and getting my mom set up digitally. I'm already tired from the drive from Austin. Long story short. I'm busy and tired.
We understand man, no biggie

LOLDSFAN

We pretty much watched two weeks of stuff last time anyway so it's no biggie.

At least its not as embarrassing as Kiba.

Kiba was my favourite as a kid because I started watching during the Sakon fight, then I read the other arcs, and was dissapointed.

Imagine how I felt reading Naruto after watching One Piece, chuunin exams and sasuke retrieval arc gave me the impression the main kohona 11 and sand nin would get fights..... Lolol

MikeMyers

There are actually some halfway decent Kiba episodes in the filler hell.

My favourite filler is the one where Naruto gave Ino the golden shower.

Imagine how I felt reading Naruto after watching One Piece, chuunin exams and sasuke retrieval arc gave me the impression the main kohona 11 and sand nin would get fights..... Lolol

I remember checking out DB because apparently the humans were useful there, turns out they weren't.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eeeeeh, yes and no. Roshi, Teinshinhan, and especially Yajirobe have their moments.

Where in DBZ it's basically only brief holding actions/sneak attacks by various humans waiting for Goku to get there/get ready.

MikeMyers

Outside of Master Roshi the humans were usually pretty good in their debut arc and fall behind after that.

Yamcha: After his debut arc match he loses to Jackie Chun, Tenshinan, and Kami in the tournaments. Beats The Invisible Man in the RRA arc, but then is losing to The Mummy until Goku embarrassingly has to one-shot The Mummy for him.

Kuririn: After his debut arc he helps out during the cave segment in the RRA arc, but doesn't take out General Blue and then loses again to Dracula. Beats Chiaotzu in the 22nd Budokai arc, but then he literally dies at the beginning of the King Piccolo arc and loses first round in the 23rd Budokai arc.

Tenshinan: After his debut arc he fails to mafuba King Piccolo, then loses to his henchmen and has to be saved by Goku. Later saves Goku from a blast but then is also turned into a hostage by King Piccolo. In the 23rd Budokai he beats Mercenary Tao, a villain Goku already beat. Also, he got Talk No Jutsu'd by Jackie Chun.

Chiaotzu: Loses to Kuririn, dies in King Piccolo arc, and loses to Tao before the 23rd Budokai even begins.

Yajirobe: Good in his debut arc, but by the 23rd Budokai he went from being on par with Goku to being arguably weaker than Yamcha.

They have their moments in the tournaments, but most of the actual villain stuff is just Goku doing work.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
After watching DB a few years back for the first time (and again recently) I'm actually surprised that the Buu arc didn't end with the return of the Evil Containment Wave!

Though I guess having the DBZ equivalent Spirit Bomb working for the first time ever is almost as good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair to Yajirobe he jobs to Kami who might actually still be the most powerful person alive at that point. We don't know because of how Kami loses the match.

The next time we see Yajirobe in a fight he delivers and unlike the rest of the human jobbers he never takes a fall.

MikeMyers

Kami's plan was just odd. Successfully using mafuba kills the user. So he would have imprisoned Piccolo, then died....a weird way to commit suicide.

MikeMyers

I just skimmed through my 23rd Budokai manga.

Kami basically dominates Yajirobe. The same for Yamcha, but Yamcha manages to get in one hit with the Spirit Ball.

So it's possible for Yajirobe hadn't fallen behind yet, lack of ki manipulation and no sword allowed in the tournament probably killed it for him.

At least he survives against the Saiyans.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I just skimmed through my 23rd Budokai manga.

Kami basically dominates Yajirobe. The same for Yamcha, but Yamcha manages to get in one hit with the Spirit Ball.

So it's possible for Yajirobe hadn't fallen behind yet, lack of ki manipulation and no sword allowed in the tournament probably killed it for him.

At least he survives against the Saiyans.

Yajirobe is basically the 2nd strongest human in DB, after Tien.

No, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom