• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hrm. Who are the other two?

Not sure about the third, but he was the voice of Asbel Lhant in Tales of Graces F, an insufferable dumbass that sees his childhood friend (for all of one day) committing genocide and still believes he can be redeemed.
It's similar to Naruto and Sasuke, and just as annoying.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Remember that the preshow starts at 8:00pm est today. You can watch the VGX though. Cuz i'll be doing both =DDDDDD

Not sure about the third, but he was the voice of Asbel Lhant in Tales of Graces F, an insufferable dumbass that sees his childhood friend (for all of one day) committing genocide and still believes he can be redeemed.
It's similar to Naruto and Sasuke, and just as annoying.

Not the best Tales game, I imagine.

Seda

Graces F is weird...
Story wise, it's garbage.
Gameplay wise, it's amazing. Best battle system, a really deep progression system involving titles, and a ton of secrets.

I don't play games for story or characters, although I can certainly appreciate decent ones if they are there.

But Graces F was so bad in that regard I think it actually detracted from the excellent battle and progression systems.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Bryce should do roles where the characters are loose and laid back. Not serious people like Kirito (most of the time) and Asbel.

BatDan

Bryce should do roles where the characters are loose and laid back. Not serious people like Kirito (most of the time) and Asbel.

He does play Zidane in Dissidia, but until there's an actual FFIX remake with full VO work, that's not really much.
He's also going to be the main character in Danganronpa. No idea about that though...

so this Rick and Morty show is actually great. you guys should watch it.

I was surprised to see how little it referenced Back to the Future, the initial ads do the show a disservice.

Speaking of GAFfers recommending [AS] shows, I got caught up on Eagleheart's little NBC-Mystery-Movie-like event. For some reason they decided to switch from a procedural mash-up of Walker, Texas Ranger, McCloud and Banacek to an overarching storyline with shades of Twin Peaks and Hunter, with a really long set of jabs at medical advisers-turned-detectives like Quincy M.D. I watched
a shootout within the pulsing, beating flesh-walls of a police HQ as a old man becan to merge with his desk.

Schadenfreude, what the heck do you get out of this show?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Remember that the preshow starts at 8:00pm est today. You can watch the VGX though. Cuz i'll be doing both =DDDDDD
Considering VGX is stream only this year, I just hope my internet can take it.

...I just need to get more studying done to feel like I actually made some progress today to prepare for exams next week.

I was surprised to see how little it referenced Back to the Future, the initial ads do the show a disservice.

Speaking of GAFfers recommending [AS] shows, I got caught up on Eagleheart's little NBC-Mystery-Movie-like event. For some reason they decided to switch from a procedural mash-up of Walker, Texas Ranger, McCloud and Banacek to an overarching storyline with shades of Twin Peaks and Hunter, with a really long set of jabs at medical advisers-turned-detectives like Quincy M.D. I watched
a shootout within the pulsing, beating flesh-walls of a police HQ as a old man becan to merge with his desk.

Schadenfreude, what the heck do you get out of this show?

I dunno, I usually just turn my brain off and enjoy.

I dunno, I usually just turn my brain off and enjoy.

Well, I'll say this much for it - it's good background noise, and I get as much out of it while I'm picking away at schoolwork as I do when I'm paying attention to it.

I just think it's odd, is all. I don't like to obsess over demographics and junk, but the show is clearly not for their usual target audience (unless old detective shows have made a comeback or something).

i dunno, the ads are what made me watch the show since it seemed different from usual Adult Swim stuff. apparently it's co-created by the guy who made Community, if that interests anyone.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Are you a bad enough dude to count how many times TETSUO and KANEDA are screamed tonight?

Winner gets absolutely nothing.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Thats what i'd like to know, also would like to know if we're starting at 7 again.(why did we start an hour earlier 2 weeks ago again?)

New guy alert.

Sup, ToonamiGAF? Been lurking this OT for several months. I finally got the nerve to make an account just in time for Akira.

I'm hyped to see it again after almost a decade.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
New guy alert.

Sup, ToonamiGAF? Been lurking this OT for several months. I finally got the nerve to make an account just in time for Akira.

I'm hyped to see it again after almost a decade.

Welcome! the more the merrier and glad you will be joining us for movie month, just dont end up like gucci and end up missing important toonami nights.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thats what i'd like to know, also would like to know if we're starting at 7 again.(why did we start an hour earlier 2 weeks ago again?)
8 PM EST again, so yes, an hour earlier.

& excellent, another person to loathe SAO with us enjoy the shows Toonami has to offer us.

Welcome to Toonami GAF

Rank the series on Toonami from best to worst

Thanks for the welcome.

The only shows I haven't seen on Toonami are Inuyasha and Ghost in the Shell since I usually call it a night after 3 AM.

FLCL
One Piece
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Soul Eater
IGPX
Naruto
Bleach
Star Wars
Sword Art Online

BatDan

it's funny because Cranky Kong is the best thing about the VGX so far

I know right?
Joel is bombing hard (and I love the guy)
Tales from the Borderlands was just a CGI trailer (though I am interested)
Tomb Raider for PS4/XB1... pfffffft
Quantum Break looks generic.
That bit of gameplay from South Park was... not good.

I know right?
Joel is bombing hard (and I love the guy)
Tales from the Borderlands was just a CGI trailer (though I am interested)
Tomb Raider for PS4/XB1... pfffffft
Quantum Break looks generic.
That bit of gameplay from South Park was... not good.

maybe Joel is a method actor. is his character in the show insufferable?

BatDan

maybe Joel is a method actor. is his character in the show insufferable?

You mean Community?
Not really, he's more an asshole but often acts as the straight man to his insane friends.
Plus, he's great on The Soup. Granted, those have writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom