• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who's a huge fan of the original Eureka anime, the movie is FUCKING AWFUL. And not just because it's a cheap cash grab made with recolored recycled animation from the TV show.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
As someone who's a huge fan of the original Eureka anime, the movie is FUCKING AWFUL. And not just because it's a cheap cash grab made with recolored recycled animation from the TV show.

I'm a huge fan and I also think it's pretty bad. But I loved the characterization of some of the characters and I would watch it just for the romance. lol.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

I noticed that aswell, they did recycle some fights haha

Didn't watch the full movie but here's what I thought of what I did see: better Renton, better Eureka, douchier Holland, weirder ending. If you're really hankering for some more Eureka Seven then watch the series again.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This week on Toonami, it's Katsuhiro Otomo's landmark cyberpunk epic, AKIRA! After the flick, the Republic discovers a bio-weapons lab on Naboo, King Bradley is back to kick some ass, Section 9 is on the trail of a South American revolutionary, Takeshi has Fantine on the brain, and Sango and Miroku enter the barrier at Mt. Hakurei while Koga takes on Renkotsu and Ginkotsu.

12:00 - AKIRA
3:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 17 - Blue Shadow Virus
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 56 - The Return of the Fuhrer
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 7 - IDOLATER
4:30 - IGPX - 7 - Spring Has Come
5:00 - Inuyasha - 113 - The Sacred Vajra and the Mystery of the Living Buddha
5:30 - Inuyasha - 114 - Koga's Solitary Battle

looks like you are behind on the news
Obligatory:
No one tell him that Inuyasha in the modern world was pushed back a month, it'll break his heart.
*reads spoiler*

124967.gif

Seda

In case anybody was curious, schedule.adultswim.com shows Summer Wars taking up 2.5 hours next week followed by Fooly Cooly. The week after it shows Trigun? taking three? hours.

Also, last week's One Piece was fun.

Haven't posted in here in a while. I had no idea Toonami would be showing movies. Ready to see Akira for the hundredth time. Such a great movie. It, Evangelion, and Ninja Scroll were like the first anime I'd ever seen....yeah, my older brother broke me into anime something fierce. My mind was blown as a kid.

What's on next week?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Haven't posted in here in a while. I had no idea Toonami would be showing movies. Ready to see Akira for the hundredth time. Such a great movie. It, Evangelion, and Ninja Scroll were like the first anime I'd ever seen....yeah, my older brother broke me into anime something fierce. My mind was blown as a kid.

What's on next week?

Summer Wars.

Seda

What's on next week?

Summer Wars.

Unrelated, anyone having problems with the Search functionality right now?

Seda

Have for the past month or so. It's getting annoying.

I oftentimes search through titles (show threads with search titles only) to check for duplicate threads, usually relatively easy to find announcements of certain things, etc...or search my username with 'show posts' to see where I've been quoted and I'm now getting many erroneous returns.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've had problems with that and just problems getting to search in general. Sometimes it'll get stuck in a cycle where it thinks I've done a search and starts the timer and when I wait for the cooldown to end it'll still think I'm performing another search too quickly.

It appeared to be fixed earlier this week but they came back today.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hmm, search doesn't seem to be working at all this moment. I got every thread in a jumble when I did a title search for Wii Homebrew.

Seda

Hmm, search doesn't seem to be working at all this moment. I got every thread in a jumble when I did a title search for Wii Homebrew.

Yes this is exactly what I'm seeing right now. Doesn't matter what I search I seemingly get everything returned (from a certain time and earlier)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom