• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

podcast summary:

"the programming department" thought Clone Wars made more sense closer to CN. references people waking up making the 5am hour more successful; it's a "fact of television" that the dead hour is 3-5, and the 5am hour is where things start picking up again (1:23:00). says the show might actually do better at 5am than 3.

MetatronM was on the money.

3DS update is up and boy does A Link Between Worlds look different!

tumblr_mxk19waj_Ra1qzp9weo1_r1_500.gif

Looks much improved! (I liked ALBW but I love spritework even more)

Samurai Jack news made my day. Amazing!

Just get rid of Clone Wars and SAO and the block will be pretty close to perfect IMO.

Aren't you missing a show there, eh?

I KNOW RIGHT!

MORE LIKE REAL PIECE!

Speaking of One Piece, the episode I missed two weeks back was pretty awesome. How could I miss watching the walk to Franky House with you guys :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... February? But FLCL should end in January! I call scheduling shenanigans!

...unless SJ is secretly SAO's replacement :O

Trigun is currently scheduled for a 3 hour timeslot that will eat up SAO and FLCL.

...why, I have no idea, but it is.

EDIT: Oh, the movie is a full 120+ minutes. Who told me it was less than that?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's listed as 90 minutes on Netflix as well.

EDIT: It runs one hour, thirty minutes, 35 seconds on ye olde Netflix. Expect music videos...a lot of them.

Seda

The initial announcement had Shamballa airing before Trigun as well, and now the schedule shows Trigun next week.

What to believe...

Ok I lied.

12:00AM MOVIE: Akira 0.7 HH, 981,000
3:00AM Star Wars Clone Wars 0.5 HH, 696,000
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 595,000
4:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.4 HH, 531,000
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.4 HH, 506,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 653,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.4 HH, 635,000

Levyne

Banned
Ok numbers I think. Someone more gung-ho than I should average out the 12-3 ratings for the last few weeks and see what a typical value looks like.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well what I remember is hearing, "I am Tetsuo". I got pissed because I didn't understand what was happening and turned the TV off, so I guess that was the ending.

He created an entire universe and ruled it as god before having a temper tantrum and blowing it all up and having to start over. So you missed a bit.

mhs004

Nah, I'm just messing with you. The first part's true though, the movie did end on him creating his own universe.

Damn so he became that powerful in the end. I'll be honest I only remember a few things in the movie, I'll have to re watch it sometime.

Not sure how the Asuna "Private" figure can't be the worse.
She's basically presenting herself.

Btw, don't read the comments. They're....uncomfortable.

The sugu one looks like she's naked minus the shirt, the link shows us the back door panties but the front is deliberately deceptive. The asuna one is just a dime a dozen sexy anime girl pose.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's listed as 90 minutes on Netflix as well.

EDIT: It runs one hour, thirty minutes, 35 seconds on ye olde Netflix. Expect music videos...a lot of them.
Checked my Blu-Ray copy, it's 137 minutes. So 1 hour, 37 minutes. Netflix was close.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Checked my Blu-Ray copy, it's 137 minutes. So 1 hour, 37 minutes. Netflix was close.

Those aren't the same times. 137 minutes = 2 hours, 17 minutes

Also there are two conflicting times sourced on the internet. Half says 90 minutes, the other half 120+. Odd.

Seda

"Out of respect for Kirito, I won't be buying the Asuna figure. But I will be buying the Suguha figure."

lol GMN stop making up comments

(Rotten Tomatoes has Trigun at 2h17m as well. Wonder why the discrepancy in run time...)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Those aren't the same times. 137 minutes = 2 hours, 17 minutes.
Wow, how in the world did I screw that math up, especially considering I spent today studying & taking an algebra exam? But yes, that was the runtime on my Blu-Ray copy of the movie.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm really liking Miiverse. One post has gotten more attention than all of my posts on Facebook lol.
KuGsj.gif

It'd be cool if we could create Miiverse communities. Then we could create a ToonamiGAF one and see SAB's posts in one area. Wait... I can just add him. What's your NNID SAB? D:

I'm "SAB-CA" On Miiverse, so I'm super easy to find, lol. I'd love for them to eventually allow people to make On-Miiverse galleries of their works, others works, and to promote / yeah in-post pictures. Maybe some day...

Yeah I don't get why people like figures. I mean she looks fine in the anime, but this really doesn't bring out the better assets in her. :/

I think they're bringing out exactly the assets they want, lol. I actually find anime statues to be a very helpful reference to drawing anime characters at angles and such, though. I even purchased an artbook that was 95% pictures of anime model kits once years ago... one of my most helpful reference books of all time (and it wasn't even creepy!)

I think my creepiest artbook might be Ray Omishi's "Positive Girls!", lol. And even that's not that risqué.

If you guys thought the Sugu figure was bad, you haven't seen nothing yet.

http://tinyurl.com/p98ebd4

I'm... actually surprised at how tame the comments are. No NTR, no pages of innuendo, not even a reference to Swords! And the figures are even less creepy than I'd expect (it's the ones that go into detail showing shapes pressed through fabric and hands in suggest positions that make me wonder "who'd sit here modeling this, and feel good about themselves afterwards?")

I think I've seen worse walking into Icecream threads here on GAF...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wat, I was expecting something like akira to easily break a million views

The fact that the average over 3 hours is just barely at a million with such a massive drop to the next timeslot means that the opening hour blew away a million EASILY.

A decay along the lines of

is an average viewership of 975,000. Akira beat that.

That last half hour might have even been worse since it had nearly 20 minutes of credits and commercials, which means the front end numbers could have been even higher.

Just FYI, the average for 11/9/13 (the first I could come across), which had the 6 opening half hours as

came out to 974,833.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom