• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

For people going in fresh to Samurai Jack I highly suggest you watch The Princess and The Bounty Hunters, Episode 44 to see why you should be excited for the show. It is actually a Jack light episode but it makes for a great stand alone episode.

Oh I am so excited.

Speaking of Akira. Did they edit anything major out of the movie? I assume the only edit was the breasts. Maybe the death of the friend?

Raxus

if you guys were to name a podcast about discussing Toonami shows (and REALLY wanted to push this aspect in the title), what would it be?

Hell it'd be interesting to go back to the podcast now that One Piece and other big shows aired. Most of the discussion hinged on upcoming shows and Soul Eater wasn't even airing D:

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I think I've updated all these end dates accurately....

FLCL ("Second" run): January 18th, 2014
FMA: Brotherhood: February 1st, 2014
Sword Art Online: February 15th 2014*
Soul Eater: March 15th 2014
IGPX (Run #183): April 12th, 2014
GitS (1st GIG only): April 19th, 2014
Space Dandy: June 28th, 2014
Blue Exorcist: ~September 2014
Bleach: October 11th 2014
GitS (2nd GIG): October 18th, 2014
Inuyasha: June 14th, 2014 November 22nd, 2014
Naruto (1st 52 episodes): December 28th, 2014
Samurai Jack: January 17th, 2015
Clone Wars: Depends on how Jar-Jar's feeling
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Likely to change depending on Trigun movie night

Levyne

Banned
Still surprises me, even though it shouldn't, how much block turnover there is even for 1 day a week. Can't imagine the maintenance of a 5x a week showing (though obviously you're looking at a shorter daily block in that case.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Samurai Jack news made my day. Amazing!

Just get rid of Clone Wars and SAO and the block will be pretty close to perfect IMO.

I think I've updated all these end dates accurately....

FLCL ("Second" run): January 18th, 2014
FMA: Brotherhood: February 1st, 2014
Sword Art Online: February 15th 2014*
Soul Eater: March 15th 2014
IGPX (Run #183): April 12th, 2014
GitS (1st GIG only): April 19th, 2014
Space Dandy: June 28th, 2014
Blue Exorcist: ~September 2014
Bleach: October 11th 2014
GitS (2nd GIG): October 18th, 2014
Inuyasha: June 14th, 2014 November 22nd, 2014
Naruto (1st 52 episodes): December 28th, 2014
Samurai Jack: January 17th, 2015
Clone Wars: Depends on how Jar-Jar's feeling
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Likely to change depending on Trigun movie night

Wait I've been tuned out for a while now, I know something happened to Naruto but is One Piece in danger also???

LOLDSFAN

Yeah I don't get why people like figures. I mean she looks fine in the anime, but this really doesn't bring out the better assets in her. :/

doesn't like to get into the conversation about what fits Toonami since he feels after working on it for 13 years he has a little bit of a better idea than most people do.

Of course lol *rolls eyes*. Remember though it's the fans who keep the ratings going.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yeah I don't get why people like figures. I mean she looks fine in the anime, but this really doesn't bring out the better assets in her. :/

Of course lol *rolls eyes*. Remember though it's the fans who keep the ratings going.

Everybody has their blind spots and clearly Demarco underestimated the gulf between the Toonami fandom and the regular Adult Swim Sunday viewers.

LOLDSFAN

I'm really liking Miiverse. One post has gotten more attention than all of my posts on Facebook lol.
KuGsj.gif

It'd be cool if we could create Miiverse communities. Then we could create a ToonamiGAF one and see SAB's posts in one area. Wait... I can just add him. What's your NNID SAB? D:

Raxus

Wait I've been tuned out for a while now, I know something happened to Naruto but is One Piece in danger also???
One Piece is safe. The laughter from both is because they are waaaaaay ahead I'm Japan and both are still ongoing. Difference being Naruto is in its final arc and One Piece is only half way done (seriously).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom