• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I think we'll start going monthly in December for the threads. Unless anybody has a good reason not to.

What's the rationale?

Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope

I have no idea why the universe likes shitting on you so much :( I have no idea what your financial situation is like but I'd suggest finishing your Bachelor's and starting on a career path so you don't have to keep dealing with this crap :/

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What's the rationale?

I have no idea why the universe likes shitting on you so much :( I have no idea what your financial situation is like but I'd suggest finishing your Bachelor's and starting on a career path so you don't have to keep dealing with this crap :/

Depending on what he's studying it may not help a whole lot. :(

bananas

Banned
As someone who dropped out of college after two years with no degree, has a bunch of school debt and a low paying job with no real future going nowhere fast, I can tell you what I did.

Join the Navy. :p

MikeMyers

InuYasha VizBig 4 has arrived.

I noticed Kikyo doesn't really give a shit about InuYasha in the manga, even 50 years ago. He kind of just follows her like a dog.

bigkrev

Depending on what he's studying it may not help a whole lot. :(

Pretty much. I would say this much as advice. Networking really really helps. A lot.

I have a business degree, had 2 internships (One on capital hill with a congressman, one managing a supermarket), and it took me years to find a real job. And even then, i'm starting it part time (25 hours), with no promise of full time. It's pretty shitty out there. You need experience to get much of anything these days. The degree helps- i'd say you are probably fucked without one (unless you are a skilled laborour or have great connections), but at the end of the day, a BS or BA is still just a piece of paper.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I have a business degree, had 2 internships (One on capital hill with a congressman, one managing a supermarket), and it took me years to find a real job. It's pretty shitty out there.

I got lucky with the job I got recently. I'm really glad to be working where I'm at though. I'm pretty happy. I got it by having a unique life/story to tell and networking and going to job fairs and other stuff.

Seda

Akira: 124 minutes
Summer Wars: 114 Minutes
Conqueror of Shamballa: 105 minutes
Trigun Badlands Rumble: 90 minutes

LOLDSFAN

I have a business degree, had 2 internships (One on capital hill with a congressman, one managing a supermarket), and it took me years to find a real job. It's pretty shitty out there.

What was your major? I hear accounting is the easiest to find jobs for, and business administration being the worst since it's broad and doesn't specialize in anything.

My business degree will be in computer information systems.

bigkrev

What was your major? I hear accounting is the easiest to find jobs for, and business administration being the worst since it's broad and doesn't specialize in anything.

Accounting is pretty much it's own seperate thing. A degree in it also means jack squat- you need to get CPA certified before a firm will even look at your resume. My degree is Management- I was going for a Marketing degree, but would have needed an extra semester due to poor planning (I needed to take a class that filled up by the time I got around to registering), and I wanted to finish in 4 years.

kayos90

I would say that even if you have a degree with jobs that are relatively high in demand there are lots of prerequisites that employers look at. Take for example engineers. Often times they require you to have tons of internships, possibly co-op, and an extremely high GPA. Sometimes a good degree just doesn't pay off.

LOLDSFAN

Accounting is pretty much it's own seperate thing. A degree in it also means jack squat- you need to get CPA certified before a firm will even look at your resume. My degree is Management- I was going for a Marketing degree, but would have needed an extra semester due to poor planning (I needed to take a class that filled up by the time I got around to registering), and I wanted to finish in 4 years.

Yeah I can imagine management making it hard to get jobs at first. Since you're at the bottom of the totem pole, you'll have people managing you. Then once you move up in the world, that degree will finally kick in and THEN you get to manage others. :p

bigkrev

But degrees in some fields are totally useless. I have a friend who graduated 2 years ago with a History degree, and he works at a daycare place. I have a friend with a music degree that graduated 4 years ago who has just done Peace Corp stuff because he knows his degree was a total waste of time and his parents money.

kayos90

But degrees in some fields are totally useless. I have a friend who graduated 2 years ago with a History degree, and he works at a daycare place. I have a friend with a music degree that graduated 4 years ago who has just done Peace Corp stuff because he knows his degree was a total waste of time and his parents money.

I think most undergrad degrees are actually fairly useless. Most of the times I feel like the job you get does not use what you learned in college at all. I mean, habits and learning style carries over but the actual content doesn't. You essentially learn everything you need to at the job if it's an "i don't care what you majored in" entry-level position, which happens to be for many jobs out there. Sure it may pay shit but... eh.

I think the most annoying part for me when I was job searching was entry-level positions asking for 3-5 years of experience as a requirement and 5-7 years as ideal. lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I have a business degree, had 2 internships (One on capital hill with a congressman, one managing a supermarket), and it took me years to find a real job. And even then, i'm starting it part time (25 hours), with no promise of full time. It's pretty shitty out there. You need experience to get much of anything these days. The degree helps- i'd say you are probably fucked without one (unless you are a skilled laborour or have great connections), but at the end of the day, a BS or BA is still just a piece of paper.

Pretty much my experience in the matter. It's all about grinding it out until someone finally gives you half a shot, once you get it all you can do is your best.

Accounting is easy because hardly anyone can do it and not want to kill themselves. It's mindbogglingly boring and dear god when tax time comes around.

I think most undergrad degrees are actually fairly useless. Most of the times I feel like the job you get does not use what you learned in college at all. I mean, habits and learning style carries over but the actual content doesn't. You essentially learn everything you need to at the job if it's an "i don't care what you majored in" entry-level position, which happens to be for many jobs out there. Sure it may pay shit but... eh.

I think the most annoying part for me when I was job searching was entry-level positions asking for 3-5 years of experience as a requirement and 5-7 years as ideal. lol.

Yup.

kayos90

Pretty much my experience in the matter. It's all about grinding it out until someone finally gives you half a shot, once you get it all you can do is your best.

Accounting is easy because hardly anyone can do it and not want to kill themselves. It's mindbogglingly boring and dear god when tax time comes around.

Yup.

Network. Network. Network. It's extremely helpful.

EDIT: One of my biggest regrets in college is that I did not make many "friends." When I say friends though I mean the loosest definition. Having people even as acquaintances is good. As long as your sphere of influence is large and you make connections they pay dividends later on. Especially when you're looking for a job and one of those random people offers you a link that may help you out on facebook.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm so happy that none of those are Bleach or Naruto movies.

So, so happy.

Shamballa is the worst of those and even then it's still pretty damn good!

Also while I have a general idea of what happens in Brotherhood most of it via osmosis from when the manga was hot and fresh I've never seen a second of the endgame.

TheChits

9Vs3zC7.png

Seems not.

These movies man....
iLd6KolPIU1lC.gif

Seda

Tomorrow's episode of Brotherhood is great.

Also, I think most people are familiar but I'll state it again. Conqueror of Shamballa is the epilogue movie for the original anime which did not follow the manga. It has characters and such (a bunch of things) that don't exist in Brotherhood.

Cwarrior

Akira: 124 minutes(entertaining movie)
Summer Wars: 114 Minutes(shitty bloated rehash of digimon our world but now with two dozen 1 dimensional characters and bad drama fyi digimon our game is much better with none of the fat)
Conqueror of Shamballa: 105 minutes( this movie is what m night last airbender movie is to fans of the avatar cartoon but instead full metal alchemist manga fans)
Trigun Badlands Rumble: 90 minutes(never seen this)

2 decent picks out 4 ain't bad.

Tl;dr I just put a note in the office saying I quit, don't even care if I'm not 100% at another job yet I'm over this.

Today I came in and found the store in chaos (again) one of the managers who had quit hadn't been replaced and two more employees hadn't shown up. The assistant gm was supposed to stay til 9, she left at 6 cause "i have too many hours" leaving me with only 4 other people from 6-11. Also tonight was a big high school football game between two rival schools, so we had a packed lobby and drive thru from the moment I arrived until probably 11:15. Also the people I did have, 3 of them were new and kept needing my help.

Nope

Thats it

Im done

Fuck this

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Tl;dr I just put a note in the office saying I quit, don't even care if I'm not 100% at another job yet I'm over this.

Today I came in and found the store in chaos (again) one of the managers who had quit hadn't been replaced and two more employees hadn't shown up. The assistant gm was supposed to stay til 9, she left at 6 cause "i have too many hours" leaving me with only 4 other people from 6-11. Also tonight was a big high school football game between two rival schools, so we had a packed lobby and drive thru from the moment I arrived until probably 11:15. Also the people I did have, 3 of them were new and kept needing my help.

Nope

Thats it

Im done

Fuck this

yeah I think its time you leave that place

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Nope

Thats it

Im done

Fuck this

I was going to tell you to recreate this gif when you quit, just for the awesome points. Glad you finally quit. The job sounded horrible.

Nope

Thats it

Im done

Fuck this
That is just some terrible work by the upper management. The amount of fucks they don't give is amazing.

bigkrev

Damn, Forte, that sounds pretty bad. It probably explains why they are willing to hire anyone. Unfortunately, with at comes a lack of quality control. Hose people who missed work should be severely reprimanded, if not fired.

I did the thing I wanted to do, it didn't work out as well as I would have hoped but you guys should get a kick out of it. You'll find out tonight, on Toonami.

Btw kayos if you want to reset the pre watch back to normal go ahead I'm back and should hopefully never miss anything else again.

Also I was going to school to be a music teacher. Not a high paying job but something I truly love so I'm okay with it. Plus summers off, hopefully I can return to school soon and finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom