• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

They finally announced the movies!!!

The only one I've seen is the FMA movie. So all of these will be fresh. :D

I heard Akira is a classic. Heard good things about Summer Wars. Never seen Trigun but I hear the movie is loads better than the series.

And not a single Bleach/Naruto movie was announced.

I am hype.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Interesting movie choices.
Looks like I have a month to read the entirety of the FMA manga. That's going to be quite a journey.

Crocodile

I've already seen Conquerer of Shamballa, I wanted Sacred Stars of Milos :/

I've never seen Summer Wars or Badland Rumble so those should make for a good time.

I'd never have expected Akira to ever air on Adult Swim. WOW

Also, I heard a Pokemon Origins dub came out. Is it on the official Pokemon website? Did it air on CN? Where was/is it?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
All Funimation movies like expected. Akira's a little surprising since it's a classic but I didn't realize Funimation just rereleased it. FMA is the odd one out. Is Funimation just desperate to push the remaining DVDs of it?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ive seen the trigun movie subbed, years ago, will feel great to hear it with the original cast......They did get the original cast back right...?

Ive seen the trigun movie subbed, years ago, will feel great to hear it with the original cast......They did get the original cast back right...?

looks like only Johnny Yong Bosch (who's gonna end up kicking off and closing out the movie month as the lead in both Akira and Trigun, interestingly enough)

Seda

j2z84sh.png

ask him which dub of Akira they're going to air :p

99% sure it'll be the most recent one, but i want purists to chew DeMarco out for getting Shamballa since i'm a vengeful little shit

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey, alright, movies are announced.

Akira - Wow, this is perhaps the biggest surprise. Haven't seen this in quite some time, so it'll be fun for a group watch, not to mention see what gets edited.

Summer Wars - YEEEESSSSSSS. There'll be one or two edits for swears (which still bugs be since this would have been a great family film if not for some of the language), but otherwise, I cannot wait to see this again with you guys. I'll try to restrain myself when comparing this to the Digimon movie.

Conqueror of Shamballa - Eeehhhhhhh. It's been so long since I've seen this, but honestly, Sacred Star of Milos would have been a better choice since this is meant to take place after the ending of the original series, which they haven't aired in quite some time, so people who only seen Brotherhood as of lately are going to be really confused. Edit: At least he acknowledged that Milos might happen.

Trigun: Badlands Rumble - Sweet, kind of guessed/wanted this. Already have it on Blu-Ray, but it's a good return to Trigun after all these years.

Moaradin

Aww yeah Akira.

Conqueror of Shamballa is weird since that movie is the ending to the original series. It will be very confusing to people who have only seen Brotherhood.

I thought it was a good movie though. It was a very interesting direction.

Tamanon

Banned
I vaguely remember Akira from back in the day.

I actually enjoyed Shamballa a lot more than Milos. I think that's because I have a much greater attachment to the original series. Some of those brothers scenes, manly tears.

Trigun was awesome, been wanting to see the movie for a while now.

mhs004

Asked Demaro on twitter why they arn't using Bleach, Naruto, or OP movies. He dodged the question lol, but I understand why he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom