• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mw9uot3XH61qza15oo1_500.png

pfft, not as cool as the real Inuyasha though

And you love Bass. It's perfect!

Lol actually I was a tenor when I sang and voice is my main instrument. I can sing bass I just have a stronger tenor voice and a pretty high range. In band I played flute and piccolo :X first time I ever played a bass was in tech class 2 years ago

Also I like the movie announcements, I've only seen Badland Rumbles which I enjoyed, guess its time to marathon both Naruto and 03 FMA. Summer Wars and Akira have been on my watch list can't wait to see them with everyone.

LOL

Lol actually I was a tenor when I sang and voice is my main instrument. I can sing bass I just have a stronger tenor voice and a pretty high range. In band I played flute and piccolo :X first time I ever played a bass was in tech class 2 years ago.
But still, you want to be a music teacher and your favorite video game character is named after a musical term. It was meant to be! In the future when grading papers make sure to draw an angry little Bass on those that failed.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I did the thing I wanted to do, it didn't work out as well as I would have hoped but you guys should get a kick out of it. You'll find out tonight, on Toonami.

Btw kayos if you want to reset the pre watch back to normal go ahead I'm back and should hopefully never miss anything else again.

Also I was going to school to be a music teacher. Not a high paying job but something I truly love so I'm okay with it. Plus summers off, hopefully I can return to school soon and finish.

No wonder haha, megaman does have also music references
also finding out the guy who has done alot of megaman art did some designs for pokemon has made me look up some of his stuff and I'm really loving this one

LOL

But still, you want to be a music teacher and your favorite video game character is named after a musical term. It was meant to be! In the future when grading papers make sure to draw an angry little Bass on those that failed.

Need to get some custom stamps I can't draw for shit lol. Also I hope to not have to grade many papers as a music teacher :p

i would prefer us going back to the regular schedule as well.

Thanks again for you guys being flexible even if it didn't matter in the end lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
No DVD/BR release date in the US for the other movies :/

The first two films, Beginnings (始まりの物語 Hajimari no Monogatari?) and Eternal (永遠の物語 Eien no Monogatari?), were released in October 2012 and serve as retellings of the television series with redone voice acting and some newly animated footage. The third film, Rebellion (叛逆の物語 Hangyaku no Monogatari?), is an all-new original work and was released on October 26, 2013.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Tl;dr I just put a note in the office saying I quit, don't even care if I'm not 100% at another job yet I'm over this.

Today I came in and found the store in chaos (again) one of the managers who had quit hadn't been replaced and two more employees hadn't shown up. The assistant gm was supposed to stay til 9, she left at 6 cause "i have too many hours" leaving me with only 4 other people from 6-11. Also tonight was a big high school football game between two rival schools, so we had a packed lobby and drive thru from the moment I arrived until probably 11:15. Also the people I did have, 3 of them were new and kept needing my help.

Nope

Thats it

Im done

Fuck this

They really don't deserve it but you should tell the higher ups what the fuck is wrong with the place. You should tell them that the reason why shit is bad is because they keep allowing it to escalate. They let managers walk out left and right and I'm sure they do it because it's already a shit situation so they don't want to deal with it. Same reason you're leaving probably except apparently you were much more tolerating. If something is that bad it's just a hellhole brewing. Like I said, they don't deserve it but you should go in there, tell them what's wrong, tell them to fucking own up to their own shit especially if they're higher up (leaving 3 hours early? what the fuck?), and get their shit together or it's going to get worse.

i would prefer us going back to the regular schedule as well.

Fucking. Done. You're welcome. =D

They really don't deserve it but you should tell the higher ups what the fuck is wrong with the place. You should tell them that the reason why shit is bad is because they keep allowing it to escalate. They let managers walk out left and right and I'm sure they do it because it's already a shit situation so they don't want to deal with it. Same reason you're leaving probably except apparently you were much more tolerating. If something is that bad it's just a hellhole brewing. Like I said, they don't deserve it but you should go in there, tell them what's wrong, tell them to fucking own up to their own shit especially if they're higher up (leaving 3 hours early? what the fuck?), and get their shit together or it's going to get worse.

Fucking. Done. You're welcome. =D

I thought about that, and then I realized that I'd be better off not giving a fuck. The over night manager called someone the n word when said customer got upset because his order was wrong...

The best part was everyone thought I was joking, because most of the managers say they're going to quit and never do.

kayos90

I thought about that, and then I realized that I'd be better off not giving a fuck. The over night manager called someone the n word when said customer got upset because his order was wrong...

The best part was everyone thought I was joking, because most of the managers say they're going to quit and never do.

Well.... considering you have no job now, I hope things go super well for you now. Not sure if you've read my previous posts but those may contain helpful advice. Also, if you ever need someone to talk to I'm always available and I may be able to help out.

Well.... considering you have no job now, I hope things go super well for you now. Not sure if you've read my previous posts but those may contain helpful advice. Also, if you ever need someone to talk to I'm always available and I may be able to help out.

Well assuming my drug and background test come back fine I'll start wednesday at Wal-Mart in the electronics section, and subway is planning to call me back next week with details for an employment oppurtunity. As long as I start working within 2 weeks I'm fine.

I think redoing my resume and putting a big focus on the manager stuff has helped my job hunting 10 fold. Every interview I've gone to has mentioned how great my experience and qualifications are lol

kayos90

Well assuming my drug and background test come back fine I'll start wednesday at Wal-Mart in the electronics section, and subway is planning to call me back next week with details for an employment oppurtunity. As long as I start working within 2 weeks I'm fine.

I think redoing my resume and putting a big focus on the manager stuff has helped my job hunting 10 fold. Every interview I've gone to has mentioned how great my experience and qualifications are lol

Let's hope they don't call those places and know that you quit without giving 2 weeks notice. That would fucking suck. =/

Let's hope they don't call those places and know that you quit without giving 2 weeks notice. That would fucking suck. =/

Considering I didn't put this mcdonalds on that applications good luck to them finding out. The subway people aren't even bothering with a back ground check they're just waiting to see if they buy a new store as they may have me work there instead (15 minute drive vs 10 minute drive).

This wal-mart store is also understaffed and black friday/holidays are coming, they can't really be picky with who they hire. Besides I was going to have to quit to start at wal-mart next week lol.

kayos90

Considering I didn't put this mcdonalds on that applications good luck to them finding out. The subway people aren't even bothering with a back ground check they're just waiting to see if they buy a new store as they may have me work there instead (15 minute drive vs 10 minute drive).

This wal-mart store is also understaffed and black friday/holidays are coming, they can't really be picky with who they hire. Besides I was going to have to quit to start at wal-mart next week lol.

Do you have a college degree? Do you have friends who work in the corporate world sort of? Like a desk job?

Do you have a college degree? Do you have friends who work in the corporate world sort of? Like a desk job?

I don't have a college degree, most of my friends are either still in school or working full time without degrees. I'd have been in school if it hadn't been for my last minute move. Right now my only bills are student loans and car insurance so even a part time gig would be enough to cover that. Today was a horribad shift yes, but I wouldn't have quit unless I felt strongly that my next job was lined up.

kayos90

I don't have a college degree, most of my friends are either still in school or working full time without degrees. I'd have been in school if it hadn't been for my last minute move. Right now my only bills are student loans and car insurance so even a part time gig would be enough to cover that. Today was a horribad shift yes, but I wouldn't have quit unless I felt strongly that my next job was lined up.

Use your connections to leverage jobs maybe. I would recommend going to school but... not always a good idea lol. (I like learning.) You could always go to networking events or career fairs.

Use your connections to leverage jobs maybe. I would recommend going to school but... not always a good idea lol. (I like learning.) You could always go to networking events or career fairs.

My plan is to start taking voice lessons and target probably easter conneticut univesity to transfer my credits and finish my music ed degree. I need a job with flexible hours and this mcdonalds store had this bs "managers are 24/7" policy where they constantly were scheduling managers to have school conflicts or ignoring their request for days off.

Im actually really content to do the mimimum wage thing for the time being, wal-mart was/is a pretty easy job and subway seems like a joke compared to mcdonalds. Will use the extra down time to work our and keep losing weight which I started losing thanks to therapy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No Eva 3.0 for movie month? This is an OUTRAGE!

Shinji Icarly
*Loud, long groan* As a brother who has to deal with a younger sister that watches that & other horrible live action Nick/Disney shows, that one was just....Ugh. I'll take those ice puns any day.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Incoming message from the Big Giant Lich Head:

LICH KING DEMARCO ‏@Clarknova1 9m

Since so many of you had asked, I'll answer. Obviously we will edit AKIRA as little as humanly possible. Thanks.

LICH KING DEMARCO ‏@Clarknova1 9m

Oh and yes it will be in HD and it will be the 2001 dub. Any other Q's please send to the Toonami tumblr, thanks guys!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does Akira have sexual content or is it just long?
Not sure about language since it's the newer dub, but I recall one scene where for a few seconds, you see some breasts, so either that'll get blurred out or removed. I'm gonna assume removed considering they cut out some of the nudity from the Eva movies, mainly the first, instead of removing it.

Raxus

How is the Trigun movie? I haven't seen it.

Otherwise fantastic line-up minus Shamballa. If there was one reason to hate FMA it is that turd of a movie.

I am ashamed to admit I have never seen Akira. TETSUOOOOOOOO!

Levyne

Banned
Unless I am mistaken, I'm looking forward to Naruto's best part 1 fight, a memorable Brotherhood episode, hopefully some shit gets real in One Piece, and our first GitS complex episode (I think?). 12 hours away.

How is the Trigun movie? I haven't seen it.

Otherwise fantastic line-up minus Shamballa. If there was one reason to hate FMA it is that turd of a movie.

I am ashamed to admit I have never seen Akira. TETSUOOOOOOOO!

Its like a big budget episode of trigun, as good/bad as you think trigun is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom