• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even care at this point, last nights shift has made me appreciate kickheart in a new light, it may be awful buts its not 8 soul crushing hours its just 12 eye bleeding minutes

No Eva 3.0 for movie month? This is an OUTRAGE!

tumblr_mvyhdaH7Qk1rn98s6o1_500.png

Shinji Icarly
LOL

Incoming message from the Big Giant Lich Head:
Hooray for lower standards for late night television!

I just purchased YGO cards for the first time in about 10 years
What'd you buy?

Unless I am mistaken, I'm looking forward to Naruto's best part 1 fight, a memorable Brotherhood episode, hopefully some shit gets real in One Piece, and our first GitS complex episode (I think?). 12 hours away.
You are mistaken. These aren't nowhere near Naruto's best fights. Unless you mean of what we'll have seen of part one on new Toonami. And even then I'd argue Sasuke vs Orochimaru in disguise is a good contender.

mhs004

I don't even care at this point, last nights shift has made me appreciate kickheart in a new light, it may be awful buts its not 8 soul crushing hours its just 12 eye bleeding minutes
I wanted to work for McDonalds in high school. I think I chose right to work for a local restaurant instead lol.

Try to apply to local restaurants, from my experience the owners actually care about their employees. I had a great relationship with my employers.

thetechkid

How is the Trigun movie? I haven't seen it.

Otherwise fantastic line-up minus Shamballa. If there was one reason to hate FMA it is that turd of a movie.

I am ashamed to admit I have never seen Akira. TETSUOOOOOOOO!

As a Trigun fan I liked it.

You guys don't know how much Toonami saved you by not showing trash.0 the movie.

Amikami

Banned
Wait. We're seeing Akira?! Awesome.

Man, I've been spending way too much time over there in the Korra threads -_-. I'm ready to crawl out of that confusing hole.

Seda

Surprise! I have not seen Akira either, or Summer Wars, or Trigun Badlands Rumble (although I have seen Trigun in its entirety)

I watched Shamballa right after I watched the original FMA anime. Due to watching back-to-back I sometimes get mixed up in my recollection of things which scenes are in that movie and which are in the anime ending.

Mature

Surprise! I have not seen Akira either, or Summer Wars, or Trigun Badlands Rumble (although I have seen Trigun in its entirety)

I watched Shamballa right after I watched the original FMA anime. Due to watching back-to-back I sometimes get mixed up in my recollection of things which scenes are in that movie and which are in the anime ending.
This is going to be so good.

Raxus

Wait. We're seeing Akira?! Awesome.

Man, I've been spending way too much time over there in the Korra threads -_-. I'm ready to crawl out of that confusing hole.
I am convinced Korra fans can never be happy.

Anyway, I hated FMA:CoS but loved Summer Wars.

I doubt we will see The Girl who leapt through time on Toonami sadly but highly recommend it if you guys like Summer Wars.

I haven't seen Trigun BR either but I love the series.

Amikami

Banned
I am convinced Korra fans can never be happy.

Anyway, I hated FMA:CoS but loved Summer Wars.

I doubt we will see The Girl who leapt through time on Toonami sadly but highly recommend it if you guys like Summer Wars.

I haven't seen Trigun BR either but I love the series.

I'm a Korra fan and am pretty happy with the season as a whole. Can't just ignore some of it's faults, though and when it comes to Korra, my inner critique comes out . I'm pretty hyped for S3 though. But I left the Korra thread so I wouldn't have to talk about it lol.

Besides Akira, I haven't seen any of the movies so I can't wait.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
He's just joshin' you. It's super fun!

Summer Wars is going to be awesome. I would advise watching Digimon beforehand though. It leads to some awesome fan art
363054-zerochan.cross_over.136843_super.jpg

Digimon the movie is so fucking awesome, the dialogue is freaking hilarious

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you've seen the second digimon movie, you've seen Summer Wars.
Except done much better...& with original characters.

Though yeah, after hearing that the same guy did the Digimon Movie section of Tai & Izzi goin' into the internet to save the world did Summer Wars, I rewatched Summer Wars (except dubbed) and watched to see what parts were similar to the Digimon movie.

& that guy also did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, another great film, though there's no chance that'll be on Toonami since it wouldn't fit.

thetechkid

Except done much better...& with original characters.

Though yeah, after hearing that the same guy did the Digimon Movie section of Tai & Izzi goin' into the internet to save the world did Summer Wars, I rewatched Summer Wars (except dubbed) and watched to see what parts were similar to the Digimon movie.

& that guy also did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, another great film, though there's no chance that'll be on Toonami since it wouldn't fit.

You didn't even need to know that information going in, the movie has the same basic plot as Our War Games.

we should totally do the Digimon movie for the pre-block before Summer Wars

THACHITS said:
Mind. Blown.

have you seen the 2001 dub before with Johnny Yong Bosch and Wendee Lee? just making sure you're not thinking of the original dub haha

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You know what I haven't done in a while? Update the Toonami ending dates!
Assuming that December will remove all five premiere shows, here's what the tentative end dates look like now.

Naruto: November 30th 2013 (Confirmed)
Sword Art Online: February 15th 2014
Soul Eater: March 15th 2014
Bleach: October 11th 2014

One Piece: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Amikami

Banned
You know what I haven't done in a while? Update the Toonami ending dates!
Assuming that December will remove all five premiere shows, here's what the tentative end dates look like now.

Naruto: November 30th 2013 (Confirmed)
Sword Art Online: February 15th 2014
Soul Eater: March 15th 2014
Bleach: October 11th 2014

One Piece: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's a looooooot of bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom