• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never actually read or seen fist of the north star

tumblr_mlgy51JgE61qdeg0do1_500.jpg

Orochimaru you were the villain we deserved

i'm kind of hoping his motivations become less....lame.

Moaradin

Show of hands, who hasn't seen the Trigun movie before?

*raises hand*

I haven't. I loved the original series and I think the reason for not watching it at the time was because of the changed voice cast. Now that I think about it, the only one that really matters is Vash and that's the same. Maybe Wolfwood.

a bit of the problem i have with Naruto at this point is the cast. it's 100 episodes in, and i think the only characters i truly LIKE are Rock Lee, Guy, Kakashi, and Shikamaru (and that's more due to his actions than his actual character). none of these characters have had a huge amount of screentime. the rest are just kind of dull or, in the case of characters like Jiraiya, are such a well-worn archetype that they're hard to find real enjoyment in. or like Ino and Sakura and Naruto at times, they're annoying.

Levyne

Banned
What a coincidence. I too have seen many Trigun gifs. In fact I bet we could staple them together and probably piece together the series' plot.

i really find it hard to buy this whole "Sasuke, you have friends now" angle when the guy's been nothing but a huge asshole. i get that his character doesn't exactly let people in, but if you wanna make this convincing you need to throw in a decent amount of acknowledgement that he considers them more than just people he has to put up with. the times when he's actually shown that maybe he's actually friends with these people are so sparse that they seem irrelevant.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i really find it hard to buy this whole "Sasuke, you have friends now" angle when the guy's been nothing but a huge asshole. i get that his character doesn't exactly let people in, but if you wanna make this convincing you need to throw in a decent amount of acknowledgement that he considers them more than just people he has to put up with. the times when he's actually shown that maybe he's actually friends with these people are so sparse that they seem irrelevant.

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: Naruto is 1000% wasted potential. All the elements for an amazing story are there, but none of them are executed properly. Even the parts that aren't bad have wasted potential.

Expecting proper execution in Naruto is like expecting a coherent plot in Bleach. It's not gonna happen.

i'd like to think that Sasuke saying (Naruto 109)
thank you to Sakura is him thanking her for confirming that his decision to get the fuck out is the right one due to her ranting. seriously, this scene is terribad. holy shit.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
What a coincidence. I too have seen many Trigun gifs. In fact I bet we could staple them together and probably piece together the series' plot.

Nope. Plot goes to some odd places that the gifs don't portray in the slightest.

All the gifs do is accurately portray Vash lol

Nope. Plot goes to some odd places that the gifs don't portray in the slightest.

All the gifs do is accurately portray Vash lol

And they only accurately portray Vash in the first half before the plot shows up.

I've watch Trigun multiple times and I've seen the movie it's fantastic. Those who haven't seen the main series should check it out its very enjoyable.

Raxus

And they only accurately portray Vash in the first half before the plot shows up.

I've watch Trigun multiple times and I've seen the movie it's fantastic. Those who haven't seen the main series should check it out its very enjoyable.

Yep. There is a reason it is one of my legendary series despite desperately needed an update.

HD Trigun would be soooo good.

Levyne

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a late block show down the line. I mean, knowing nothing of the financials or availability.

So what kind of ratings are we expecting for Naruto in January? I'm worried that it will become a black hole at the 3AM spot, they should have just dropped it from the block entirely and rotated something like SBT back in.

I'm also curious to see what you guys are expecting out of Space Dandy.

So what kind of ratings are we expecting for Naruto in January? I'm worried that it will become a black hole at the 3AM spot, they should have just dropped it from the block entirely and rotated something like SBT back in.

I'm also curious to see what you guys are expecting out of Space Dandy.

Space Dandy should do really well, naruto at 3 may keep anime fans later but we'll lose the starwars nerds

i'm just wondering where Samurai Jack is gonna go. if Clone Wars got moved partially due to being compatible with CN's programming, i have to wonder if Samurai Jack will get the same treatment.

i'm just wondering where Samurai Jack is gonna go. if Clone Wars got moved partially due to being compatible with CN's programming, i have to wonder if Samurai Jack will get the same treatment.

Yeah it's weird that they haven't confirmed SJ for 2:30. Seems like a good spot for it unless they plan to swap fma:b go 2:30 for the rest of its run (to be replaced by something new when it ends) and let sj go to 3:30 for its rerun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom