• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shikamaru is basically the author inserting himself into the story.

so that kind of explains Shikamaru's attitude toward women..............

B-Dubs said:
I love One Piece as much as the next guy, but HxH is just on another level. It doesn't get insanely hype, but it's probably got the best story telling in the genre.

well, "quality storytelling" is a pretty broad spectrum so One Piece can fit in there even if it isn't as good as Hunter x Hunter :p

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hunter x Hunter has two major issues.

One: It never updates. Togashi is constantly on hiatus for reasons ranging from "I'm really sick" and "a new Dragon Quest game is out". The latest hiatus started March 2012. That's right, over a year of no HxH.

Two: Scribbles. When Togashi does update, he half-asses on the artwork. Leading to everything looking cheap and amateur. It's eventually fixed for the volume releases, but the fact that it was initially put out like that just screams unprofessional.

Nobody would tolerate all this if HxH wasn't a damn good story.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

One: It never updates. Togashi is constantly on hiatus for reasons ranging from "I'm really sick" and "a new Dragon Quest game is out". The latest hiatus started March 2012. That's right, over a year of no HxH.

Two: Scribbles. When Togashi does update, he half-asses on the artwork. Leading to everything looking cheap and amateur. It's eventually fixed for the volume releases, but the fact that it was initially put out like that just screams unprofessional.

Exactly. It's probably one of the best stories told in that particular genre, the fact it's so popular despite those two things is a testament to that.

Seriously though, someone needs to find Togashi an artist. Just let him do the writing at this point.

MikeMyers

Toonami will acquire Final Act before he gets off this latest hiatus.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Exactly. It's probably one of the best stories told in that particular genre, the fact it's so popular despite those two things is a testament to that.

Seriously though, someone needs to find Togashi an artist. Just let him do the writing at this point.

I blame Dragon Quest X.
The second I heard it was going to be an MMORPG I knew that HxH would never update again.

EDIT: Here's a comparison between Scribble HxH and normally drawn HxH.

bOom9.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man I'm still pissed off about the kid that queen ate. Unfortunately her death didn't even give me any kind of satisfaction.

This can't be real. Who would publish that?

Because his stuff sells like crack, increasing jump subscriptions and magazine purchases then sells several million copies of the one volume he'll pump out. HxH didn't even have a volume released this year and it still was a top 10 best selling manga series...

If Togashi handed you that story, you'd publish it in a heartbeat. Even if it's below scribbles in quality, it's SO FUCKING GOOD

He should get Murata to draw it

Don't tease my heart man

Gonna make the jump from es21 to rage town even harder.

Because his stuff sells like crack, increasing jump subscriptions and magazine purchases then sells several million copies of the one volume he'll pump out. HxH didn't even have a volume released this year and it still was a top 10 best selling manga series...
I see. Shueisha should definitely drop the cash to get him an artist to draw the manga then. I bet it'd be even more successful.

I see. Shueisha should definitely drop the cash to get him an artist to draw the manga then. I bet it'd be even more successful.

Don't mess with the formula, as much as I'd love for any number of solutions people have presented in the end togashi and jump have found a method that drives people crazy but delivers story lines that go beyond expectations.

Don't mess with the formula, as much as I'd love for any number of solutions people have presented in the end togashi and jump have found a method that drives people crazy but delivers story lines that go beyond expectations.
Makes sense. I mean, it has to be selling gangbusters if they put up with his crap.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Agreed. If drawing like shit and taking years and years off are what he needs to pull off this level of quality storytelling then I say let him. I just hope he finishes before his Dragon Quest addiction kills him.

Makes sense. I mean, it has to be selling gangbusters if they put up with his crap.

Beyond gangbusters. They gave him two animes for the one series.

Wasn't HxH in the top 10 selling mangas this year? Shit hasn't even had any chapters this year.

Yup. Which is why we'll never see another chapter again.

Considering it's a top 10 selling series in a year when no chapters were released, yeah they aren't changing anything
Man, that dude is doing manga the right way. Take year long breaks, put no effort in drawing, make dat bank. Oda, Kishimoto and everyone else looking like straight up chumps.

Man, that dude is doing manga the right way. Take year long breaks, put no effort in drawing, make dat bank. Oda, Kishimoto and everyone else looking like straight up chumps.

Oda is the only one who does better with the exact opposite work schedule, dude puts like 20 hours a day into OP and works so hard he went to the hospital this year and missed two weeks, then apologized to the fans for making them wait

Oda is the only one who does better with the exact opposite work schedule, dude puts like 20 hours a day into OP and works so hard he went to the hospital this year and missed two weeks, then apologized to the fans for making them wait
I remember that. Oda is crazy. Dude needs to relax with his hot wife more. Question: Which will end first? One Piece or HxH? It's the battle of the hardworking bushy brow vs the genius slacker.

I remember that. Oda is crazy. Dude needs to relax with his hot wife more. Question: Which will end first? One Piece or HxH? It's the battle of the hardworking bushy brow vs the genius slacker.

Even without the tease in the final chapter of a
unexplored dark world continent expedition
there are still several open plot lines in hxh that need resolution like
kurapikas revenge and further fall to the dark side, chrollo gaining his powers back, hisoka's true objective

Honestly even if hxh had gone at a normal pacing it may still have been going on at 700 chapters. Then again this is togashi who teased a massive demon world battle then rushed/off screened 90% of it. I wouldn't be surprised if hxh ends in the next 10 chapters

You can call me fat. You can eat the last potato chip. BUT YOU DO NOT MAKE FUN OF MY BFF, MOTHERFUCKER!

Choji's just resting, right? Right guys? :(

Wasn't HxH in the top 10 selling mangas this year? Shit hasn't even had any chapters this year.

That's mostly due to promotion from the anime and the new movies coming out.

Even though Togashi is one of the best in the biz, if the anime ended, I don't see HxH ranking in the Top 10 without any new material.

I want to see a OP and HxH crossover one-shot i the future.
Besides Dragon Ball and Toriko, Hunter x Hunter is the only other manga in Jump that I can imagine that would make an enjoyable crossover with the main cast.

And he was still drawing chapters while in the hospital bed.

Moaradin

I'm re-watching Naruto like everyone else seems to be doing. I just got to episode 45 and man, the animation on that episode is even worse than I remember. Characters in the background literally start floating.

ibpjOjFALVr4KY.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom