• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
So this happened in MangaGAF:

Yu Yu Hakusho 34-39
wlIFBvt.png

Nobody dies in One Piece.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
My main problem with the Immortal arc is that
Kakashi told Sasuke to forgot his revenge, but helps Shikamaru get revenge? Team 8's leader should have fought instead of Kakashi, but lolVagina. Also Ino should have actually fought, but lolVagina.

Completely different.

Sasuke's entire reason for existing was for revenge. Everything he ever had, or ever could have, he was willing to cast aside in order to destroy his enemies. He became a monster. That's what Kakashi was warning him about. He wasn't saying that you shouldn't avenge your comrades, your friends, your family. He was saying that you should not be consumed by it.

Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji? None of them were going to throw their lives away in order to destroy Hidan and Kakuzu, and they certainly weren't going to extend that grudge to everyone who could even remotely be considered to have contributed to Asuma's death, intentionally or not.

MikeMyers

Hey guys you remember that one Band of 7 member who was a poison type and was killed by LORD SESSHOMARU?

in the manga, he tries to rape Kagome before Sesshomaru saves her.

Impressions time!

It was pretty fun. Had some laughs, some classic Straw Hats moments and some action. It was also a tad darker than your average One Piece stuff. I give it an 8 out of 10. Very serviceable.

That was a solid 3.5/5

Great original story marred by the fact the actual Straw Hat characters are kind of accessory to the main story line. I also feel like the whole crew in fighting plot line was kind of droppped at the end. Great visuals that really made the whole thing creepier then you'd expect

beyond the creepiness and a couple of funny scenes, i don't like Movie 6 as much as everyone else seems to. the original characters aren't developed terribly well, which would be fine if they didn't play such an integral role in the plot. and watching the crew play the games was kinda boring. the whole "your crew is fighting amongst themselves" was also kinda half-baked and didn't make a huge amount of sense because these people fight all the damn time and are over it the very next minute. it's pretty decent, but more as a curiosity than anything else. as far as movies based on long-runners go, though, it ranks pretty high. probably give it a 3 or a 3.5 out of 5.

I heard you like One Piece

So let's give you a One Piece movie

With a tropical island

Wacky games

An oddily dressed antagonist

A plucky family of pirates

Hitler

Drama

Zombie plants

Heat-seeking arrows

A giant flower that eats people

Arrows from hell

Mindfucks

Yeah, Movie 6.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Still not as bad as what 4kids did

True. Though it can be considered part of a perfect storm of nerd rage.
We have 4Kids refusing to release uncut DVDs because "fuck you anime fans", so the only way to "properly" get One Piece was through Kaizoku-Fansubs, who shoved their dumb "nakama is a magic word" belief down everyone's throats, leading to massive wars about rather or not "nakama" really is that "special", with fans still demanding Funimation (and by extension Viz) place it in their translations to this very day.

So they were part of the problem.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzRTcMzMRp9lVWc

I finished this a lot earlier than I thought I would... This might be the only Trigun pic I ever drew WITHOUT Kuroneko-sama...

BatDan

Isn't "nakama" basically "comrade?"

it can be translated to many different words to fit the situation
"Comrade" "friend" "crewmate" "brothers-in-arms", "companion", and very likely others.
I like using "crewmate" and "friend"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Got to the first Inuyasha as a human episode. Kagome goes batshit on him, Shippo is put in charge. Spiders, spiders everywhere.

BatDan

So from what I read, the only voice actor to reprise his role in Badlands Rumble is JYB as Vash. Everyone else is a Funimation voice. I guess they couldn't pull a Hellsing Ultimate and get almost everyone from the first four OVAs.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fun Fact: Toonami HD took six years to come to my cable provider. It was one of the last major channels to come along with BBCA

Levyne

Banned
My parents always had the super basic cable package. Not even a cable box. Can't even search shows or see what's next. I know people say it's unnecessary but I like having a good cable TV package.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So here is a question, what is leading us up to Space Dandy? Is Boondocks returning or do we have to deal with more Seth McFarland garbage?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It seems today
that all you see
is violence and movies
and sex on TV.

I hate this show.

BatDan

My schedule also says The Boondocks, specifically it's the Kickball episode (hell yeah!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom