• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
1. G Gundam
2. One Piece
3. GTO
4. Haruhi
5. Welcome to the NHK
6. Cowboy Bebop
7. Azumanga Daioh
8. YYH
9. DBZ Kai
10. Trigun

If Shonen/Action only

1. G Gundam
2. One Piece
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. YYH
5. DBZ Kai
6. Trigun
7. Inuyasha
8. GITS:SAC
9. Naruto
10. Rurouni Kenshin

Yeah, but not seeing some of the best parts of something and then passing judgement on said thing is silly. It'd be like me judging One Piece on what I saw from 4Kids.

I did just that for OP for 10 years lol it took a lot of time for me to give it a second chance glad I did though

Never have I said Avatar was bad, it's very good from what I've seen (outside of the humor at times). It was good enough for me to want to see more, but to claim it's the best show you've ever seen is a stretch unless the middle of it truly is that astonishing.

I will give Avatar one thing to it's credit, in the final episode
The main characters kiss
that for me is worth all the tea in china

789shadow

Banned
Yeah, but not seeing some of the best parts of something and then passing judgement on said thing is silly. It'd be like me judging One Piece on what I saw from 4Kids.
This was totally me.

BUT NOW. I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT.

ipEsgEmXcV93K.png

bigkrev

I guess since I asked Mike I should post mine lol

Top 10 Anime (Only series I've completed and in no particular order)
1. Digimon Tamers

Digimon Tamers has the fewest interesting doujins out of the first 4 seasons of the show

My top 10
1. FLCL
2. Fullmetal Alchemist
3. Yu Yu Hakusho
4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
5. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
6. Cowboy Bebop
7. Loveless
8. Rurouni Kenshin
9. Negima (for some ungodly reason)
10. Eyeshield 21 bwahaha that's shit. lets put Baccano here.

My top 10
1. FLCL
2. Fullmetal Alchemist
3. Yu Yu Hakusho
4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
5. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
6. Cowboy Bebop
7. Loveless
8. Rurouni Kenshin
9. Negima (for some ungodly reason)
10. Eyeshield 21 bwahaha that's shit. lets put Baccano here.

To be fair, the Xmas bowl ended up being kind of meh and everything after it was even worse so ending the series before that point isn't that terrible of a decision.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't believe I couldn't find room for FLCL or Fist of the North Star (or FMA for that matter) in either list.

I like so much stuff though that it'd be easier to do a top fifty then a top ten.

i don't feel good about making a top 10 list from only the stuff i've seen recently, and i don't particularly want to do the stuff i saw as a kid because a bunch of the stuff i liked as a kid has turned out terrible.

bigkrev

To be fair, the Xmas bowl ended up being kind of meh and everything after it was even worse so ending the series before that point isn't that terrible of a decision.

The manga is incredible

The anime is unwatchable. The "highlights" are the little NFL clips you get at the commercial breaks, which have more action than the actual series does, which is pretty impressive for a Murata manga adaptation!

The manga is incredible

The anime is unwatchable. The "highlights" are the little NFL clips you get at the commercial breaks, which have more action than the actual series does, which is pretty impressive for a Murata manga adaptation!

Manga as a whole is incredible but the last 50is chapters felt rushed and under developed. From when they go to America to the end of the game with the Dinos is a god damn rush of epic that at times I felt my heart couldn't take it.

The only part about the X-mas bowl I really liked was the final play 60 yard magnum

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't remember how far I got, but I remember enjoying the manga when I borrowed volumes from my friend in high school. Kind of surprised, considering how I was never a sports person. Though I never saw any of the anime. What was the issues with it?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Good manga awful anime is a fun discussion.

Eyeshield, Nagima (and they had two tries at this!) and there's something else here that really sticks out but I can't remember it right now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Eyeshield, Nagima (and they had two tries at this!) and there's something else here that really sticks out but I can't remember it right now.
I remember finding the Rosario Vampire manga rather decent when I'd borrow it from the public library, but it seems the anime forgot about the plot & decided to focus on PLOT based on what I heard
& screencaps via....research

I assume you're not counting made up endings but the entire adaptation being bad correct?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, the $$60,000,000,000 Man is back where he belongs as Vash the Stampede roams the planet Gunsmoke on Adult Swim once again. After the Humanoid Typhoon blows through, it's a marathon of the OTHER vintage Adult Swim space western, Cowboy Bebop!

12:00 - Trigun: Badlands Rumble
2:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 5 - Ballad of Fallen Angels
2:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 12-13 - Jupiter Jazz
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 17 - Mushroom Samba
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 20 - Pierrot Le Fou
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 24 - Hard Luck Woman
5:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 25-26 - The Real Folk Blues - END

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No love for the other other space western (also from 1998!) Outlaw Star.
I actually saw that since a friend in high school let me borrow the complete series on DVD (wasn't until a year later I learned it was shown on CN years ago). I rather enjoyed it & wouldn't mind a re-airing, complete with the unshown hot springs episode that left out a plothole in a future episode.

bigkrev

Manga as a whole is incredible but the last 50is chapters felt rushed and under developed. From when they go to America to the end of the game with the Dinos is a god damn rush of epic that at times I felt my heart couldn't take it.

The only part about the X-mas bowl I really liked was the final play 60 yard magnum

That game vs the Dinos was MY HEART. Gao was basically JJ Watt of today playing against a bunch of Japanese high schoolers. I thought they should have killed someone off in that game, TBH, to give it more impact. But, yeah, the USA game was just fanfiction-level wankery, with BLACK MUSCLES overcoming.

At least the last chapter confirmed Himura x Mamori as canon.

MikeMyers

The New Toonami; lazybones18 edition.

11:30 - Sword Art Online
12:00 - Sword Art Online
12:30 - Sword Art Online
1:00 - Sword Art Online
1:30 - Sword Art Online
2:00 - Sword Art Online
2:30 - Sword Art Online
3:00 - Sword Art Online
3:30 - Sword Art Online
4:00 - Sword Art Online