• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Too busy watching the movie and eating to post but overall, yeah that was ROCK SOLID. If you weren't a fan of the series you weren't going to like this but as an extended episode, it was a fitting tribute to the original series. Not mind blowing but a great watch and I'll likely rewatch it sometime in the future. I'm curious though, who did the convincing and bill-footing to get a movie made for, at the time, was a 12 year old anime?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Gee, I don't know if I want to stay up for Cowboy Bebop marathon.... football is tomorrow too

What episodes are they showing?

2:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 5 - Ballad of Fallen Angels
2:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 12-13 - Jupiter Jazz
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 17 - Mushroom Samba
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 20 - Pierrot Le Fou
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 24 - Hard Luck Woman
5:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 25-26 - The Real Folk Blues - END

EDIT: Beaten.

Too busy watching the movie and eating to post but overall, yeah that was ROCK SOLID. If you weren't a fan of the series you weren't going to like this but as an extended episode, it was a fitting tribute to the original series. Not mind blowing but a great watch and I'll likely rewatch it sometime in the future. I'm curious though, who did the convincing and bill-footing to get a movie made for, at the time, was a 12 year old anime?

Trign anime didn't do that great in Japan when it first aired, it was when it came to Adult Swim that the plans for a new anime film was put into motion and it went though development hell for awhile.

Not going to stay up to watch... but that is a good list.

thetechkid

Please explain how the manga's version of

MAJOR SERIES SPOILERS

Wolfwoods Death, Legato's Death, and the finale

are better then the anime versions IE the 3 best scenes in Trigun. If you want to argue the manga goes into serious stuff right away while the anime has a more comedic first half I'll give you that, personally I feel the comedic elements make the second half more powerful specifically the spoilers I mentioned

Wolfwood's death has much more time to develop in the manga. They way they did Wolfwood's death in the anime seemed way too rushed and I wasn't a fan of it after reading the manga version. His battle with Eye of Michael didn't end in two seconds like it did with Chapel. Then afterwards his final moments were much more powerful in the manga version.

I love the anime(its one of my favorite anime series), but the finale of it was complete garbage. The anime finale felt empty and shallow, and although it ends similar its not as satisfying when compared to that the other version.

I'm more impressed I remembered the episodes in order lol

While I'll give you Wolfwoods final fight is better in the manga (fights in general are better) I feel like Wolfwoods final speech had more impact in the anime. Manga version works better for a final scene as Vash and Wolfwood's friendship though and that look on Vash's face was nice

I'll be honest, I'm not really a fan of the anime or the manga final scene, manga one is kind of bizarre and anime one just kind of stops

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ha yeah, I'd love to see GAFs reaction to the show. That first episode would throw everyone off lol.

*still lurking*
yeah, fun fact, Ive seen the 2nd episode of it and assumed that was the first episode for a while, any person who wants to see a great anime in the style of mafia should check out gungrave: beyond the grave Made by the people who did the trigun anime. Completely different tone.

Amikami

Banned
Its been a long time since I've seen this series from start to finish, I gotta say, one of my favorite episodes is Speak like a Child. Don't know what it is about that episode. Its very memorable. It was the episode that made me decide to give the series a try so I guess that's why I remember it so much.

Wish that one was in the lineup. Still got Jupiter Jazz though.

Jintor

i'm gonna go into rest mode for a bit. Maybe watch Jeff Green play Dark Souls instead.

See ya round toonamigaf. Next week: space dandy, shippuden, and... uh...

...sword art online.

is your body ready

*still lurking*
yeah, fun fact, Ive seen the 2nd episode of it and assumed that was the first episode for a while, any person who wants to see a great anime in the style of mafia should check out gungrave: beyond the grave Made by the people who did the trigun anime. Completely different tone.

I watched 5-6 episodes of Gungrave and loved it, but got busy and it went into my hiatus bin, will finish it one day.

thetechkid

While I'll give you Wolfwoods final fight is better in the manga (fights in general are better) I feel like Wolfwoods final speech had more impact in the anime. Manga version works better for a final scene as Vash and Wolfwood's friendship though and that look on Vash's face was nice

I'll be honest, I'm not really a fan of the anime or the manga final scene, manga one is kind of bizarre and anime one just kind of stops

I really can't accept the anime's ending as anything but garbage. The manga at least tries to end things, and while it may have been a lot to do it at least attempted that. The anime felt like that fight was only there because they had to end the anime and they just included it just cus.

Gambit61

*still lurking*

This. ToonamiGaf check it out.

I watched 5-6 episodes of Gungrave and loved it, but got busy and it went into my hiatus bin, will finish it one day.

It's so worth it once you get the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom