• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They also wanted the arc of the covenant and the holy grail. Really they just liked to follow Indy around for whatever reason.

I'm surprised Doctor Who hasn't had an episode of him stopping Nazis from using alien tech.
The closest was Victory of the Daleks, and that wasn't Germany, that was Britain.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
this goes into a whole lot of existential shit that allows it to make sense if the world exists that way.

because it's connected to the nerves.

because it reminds them that they were once human and allows them to lower their guard (not a great reason, but still a reason)

i believe in Brotherhood it's because they were made that way and in FMA it's just because they were emulating that, though they also try to explain this as "homunculi are more malleable than humans."

so once again, i have to repeat my question. do you know how writing works? they at least attempted to explain all of this. as opposed to the whole gate thing not working both ways, which is not explained.

The gate is supernatural, and the way it was explained makes complete sense unless you're looking for criticism. Deaths in our world fuel alchemy in the other world. That's the explanation for how alchemy works - it ties into the equivalent exchange principal in a way Brotherhood doesn't even attempt.

You could say, "why can't it go both ways and have alchemy in both worlds?" Because then the world on the other side of the gate couldn't be our own. It would have to be another fantasy world. It's a core principal of the universe as explained, I don't really know what to say other than that. It's like asking why alchemy works - it's just as central to the universe. Why do homunculi exist? Why does the gate exist? Why do Ed and Al exist? The same reason the gate's power of alchemy only flows in one direction. That's the universe of the show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
620250-tumblr_m2sf7ddzou1qhvghto1_500.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The funny thing is Hilter at this point is merely a local speaker, it was the failure of the Beer Hal Putsch that first put him on the national scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom