• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give the movie 3.5 of 5 stars!

3.5_stars.svg

Moaradin

All you 03 "was just as good or better" people need to turn off your nostalgia glasses and throw them in the trash

FMA 03 does do a lot of things better than Brotherhood. I've said in the past I still prefer Brotherhood overall, but I liked the IDEA of FMA 03's ending better than Brotherhood. That shit wrapped up way too nicely. Almost fanfiction levels of happy endings.

Mik317

FMA 03 does do a lot of things better than Brotherhood. I've said in the past I still prefer Brotherhood overall, but I liked the IDEA of FMA 03's ending better than Brotherhood. That shit wrapped up way too nicely. Almost fanfiction levels of happy endings.

same.

03's start was quite a bit better (even if it's just the manga), Brotherhood's esculating climax is gdlk...both endings are arse

Jafku

This was overall, pretty terrible. So far Toonami movie ranking would be
1. Akira
2. Summer Wars
3. FMA CoS
And i expect trigun to change this

Amikami

Banned
This movie was...pretty bad. Can't really get around it. Confusing plot, bad writing, inconsequential events. Not-really-happy ending, not that that's necessary but they tried to pass it off as a happy ending. The character cameos made it worse for me. Like fanservice. Characters seemed to pop up out of nowhere and then gone. Things happened because of plot and reasons. Just awful. Aweful.

Which is still better then fanfiction levels of bad ending that 03 shoves down our throats. Everything in the manga/brotherhood ending stays consistent to that series and ends with hope for everyone which is the whole point of "equivalent exchange" that a life of difficulties that you can overcome can lead to happiness.

bigkrev

This was my first time seeing this in YEARS, and the first time since the Manga ended and brotherhood aired. While the CG doesn't hold up! for the most part I still like the movie. It feels like an epilogue to the 03 series both in plot and tone, and for the most part wraps up all of the loose ends the series left.

Crocodile

I remember enjoying this movie a lot when I saw it years ago but.......yeah, on this rewatch the movie is much worse than I remember it. To be fair though, FMA:B didn't exist when I last saw this movie.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
And this is why Bones should stick to original anime like Space Dandy.
Or wait until the manga is complete (or close to complete).

Meaning their upcoming adaptation of Soul Eater NOT is probably going to go just as insane. Not that the material was so great to begin with....

Watching my bro and another IRL friend watch it live and still be blown away by it says other wise. The only people who seem to say that are people who saw 03 first.

In the end it doesn't matter because no one should watch 03 anime anyway, Brotherhood is just superior

"people i know thought it was fine so you're wrong." come on now. do those scenes still work? sure. do they work as well? not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom