• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
03 Hohenheim is a piece of shit.

Runs away because he's ashamed.

Also because his flesh was peeling off. At least he was up front with Trisha about it.

Both versions are assholes for not coming back for Trisha's funeral.

Moaradin

Which is still better then fanfiction levels of bad ending that 03 shoves down our throats. Everything in the manga/brotherhood ending stays consistent to that series and ends with hope for everyone which is the whole point of "equivalent exchange" that a life of difficulties that you can overcome can lead to happiness.

I thought the explanation for homunculus in 03 was better than Brotherhood and I loved the gate to our world twist in 03. I agree it wasn't executed well at all but I thought the premise was far more interesting than the ending we got in Brotherhood.

And I'm not talking about the promised day. I really loved that setup but the climax was really lame.

Huh. Just noticed she said her real name.

Well I saw what I wanted to see tonight.

adios-bitches.gif

Bye, Frankman.

I thought the explanation for homunculus in 03 was better than Brotherhood and I loved the gate to our world twist in 03. I agree it wasn't executed well at all but I thought the premise was far more interesting than the ending we got in Brotherhood.

And I'm not talking about the promised day. I really loved that setup but the climax was really lame.

At least the canon homonculi actually match the deadly sins their named after, and are explained why they have those names (due to be father's lost emotions). In 03 they're named after them because... reasons

]I thought the explanation for homunculus in 03 was better than Brotherhood[/B] and I loved the gate to our world twist in 03. I agree it wasn't executed well at all but I thought the premise was far more interesting than the ending we got in Brotherhood.

Nah, being the creations from one powerful person is better than being the result of human transmutation. Otherwise, there would be more than 7 homunculus roaming around (and not copies of the previous iterations) which we didn't get

the scene of Canti flying away is one of my favorites from the series.

minus random panty shot.

lazybones18 said:
Nah, being the creations from one powerful person is better than being the result of human transmutation. Otherwise, there would be more than 7 homunculus roaming around (and not copies of the previous iterations) which we didn't get

i figured the only surviving homunculi were the ones Dante was able to get to.

Moaradin

At least the canon homonculi actually match the deadly sins their named after, and are explained why they have those names (due to be father's lost emotions). In 03 they're named after them because... reasons

They're named that because the manga was still ongoing at the time. I don't really think the names really matter much at all in the grand scheme of things. I just enjoyed the Homunculi backstory better in the 03 anime and it really benefited characters like Lust a lot.

bigkrev

This is a case where a girl plays a pre-pubescent boy and it works perfectly. I'm still amazed she was Rita on Power Rangers as well!

Star of Milos is most likely just another dime a dozen anime films based upon shonen manga/anime that just tells a rushed story with decent action. Shamballa actively made the already bad ending of FMA 03 worse

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dante named them that way because, well, she's one of the only people alive to remember Christianity.

Also don't forget that without incomplete philosopher stones Homonculi aren't anything but abominations so that's why there are so few.

They're named that because the manga was still ongoing at the time. I don't really think the names really matter much at all in the grand scheme of things. I just enjoyed the Homunculi backstory better in the 03 anime and it really benefited characters like Lust a lot.

And it made Wrath a much worse character and (thanks to Sloth) made Ed and Al act like complete idiots. They completely neglect to talk about who created Gluttony.

Also I agree they were forced based upon the manga, but that manga had introduced 4 of the 7 and all of the matched the sins they were named upon. Making Sloth the way they did was just bad writing, same with having there be multiple versions of each ones.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Star of Milos is most likely just another dime a dozen anime films based upon shonen manga/anime that just tells a rushed story with decent action. Shamballa actively made the already bad ending of FMA 03 worse
Badlands Rumble is like that only really well done.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I SERIOUSLY need to pack for my flight (car is picking me up in less than two hours, so no sleep for me).

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Trigun: Badlands Rumble
2:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 5 - Ballad of Fallen Angels
2:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 12-13 - Jupiter Jazz
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 17 - Mushroom Samba
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 20 - Pierrot Le Fou
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 24 - Hard Luck Woman
5:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 25-26 - The Real Folk Blues - END

See you, Space Dandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom