• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Visit the official Toonami Tumblr page here

jUu7CUg.png

iF279uN.png

8i5IND8.png

fykxhwm.png

OwzGyOt.png

TwxVANl.png

flTdk1W.png

GKDm7Of.png

nmttbLt.png

bEdN2ai.png

nmttbLt.png

XcWAXZY.png

nmttbLt.png

rp94pGX.png

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_lagoon"]
[/url]

|OT0||OT1||OT2||OT3||OT4||OT5||OT6||OT7||OT8||OT9||Jan14||Feb14||Mar14||Apr14|[May14||Jun14||Jul14||Aug14|

MikeMyers

List of filler episodes
033 *Karakura Heroes Omake 1
050 *Karakura Heroes Omake 2
064-108 *Bount arc
128-137 *Stolen Hogyoku arc
147-149 *Rukia side story. Plot&Character designs by Kubo
168-189 *New Captain arc
204-205 *Random one-episode fillers
213-214 *Karakura Riser Omake
227-265 *Zanpakutou Rebellion arc. Character designs by Kubo.
266 *Hueco Mundo Recap
287 *Magic Lamp Gaiden
298 *Hell Chapter Movie Promotion
299 *Hell Chapter Movie Prologue
303-305 *Random one-episode fillers
311-316 *Random one-episode fillers
317-341 *Gotei 13 Invasion arc
355 *New Year Special

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, I'm in the top 10 for once....granted, at #10, but still, that's the highest I've been. Probably due to last time.

& friend's response to the series now that's he caught up is that enjoys it & "it's a really good series", but he's fully aware of some of the flaw like "Oh man, everyone's yelling all the time", "take a drink every time someone says it's the end", etc. & those last few episodes where the pacing just comes to a crawl, he went from watching it seriously in silence to glancing from his cellphone while talking to me.

Also we both agreed that Zurtrun was weird, clashed with Toonami, and wasn't funny. I also didn't see a "parody of shows like Space Ghost", as DeMarco put it.

Yeah after that first short I realized staying up for them alone wasn't worth it, and decided to just yolo without an energy drink... That was a fail lol

I did order the blu ray/dvd combo pack for all of s1 of attack on titan before dipping out

LOLDSFAN

Oh yeah I forgot that it's about time to have a new thread.

Looks like a few of you actually made it through the whole night last night... You you freaks.

daveo42

Banned
I feel like I didn't post all that much in the past month, so I'm surprised I managed to end up right behind the big 3 for August.

Love the sketch, even though I did miss out on pretty much the entire marathon last night, including Dandy. I think the weirdest thing from last night before I crashed was the livestream was showing SGC2C instead of Toonami. Not sure if the link changed or what, but I was able to catch a few classic episodes.

I'll be watching Dandy sometime this afternoon after getting my bearings.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like a few of you actually made it through the whole night last night... You you freaks.
Speaking of which, how many people here actually managed to watch every episode? I wanna say it was about 5-ish. I did my best to post during each episode as proof that I did indeed stay up the whole night.

Last night was 22 so I'm speculating 4.

Only other posibility I could see is 2 more episodes to add up 24, but 4 more would make sense because that would add up to two 13 episode seasons.

Also Hi everybody! I'm happy I'll be able to join you guys on Saturdays. Toonami's funner when you have people you can watch it with.

TheChits

Only other posibility I could see is 2 more episodes to add up 24, but 4 more would make sense because that would add up to two 13 episode seasons.

Also Hi everybody! I'm happy I'll be able to join you guys on Saturdays. Toonami's funner when you have people you can watch it with.

Shoutouts to ReBoot

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You don't know how true that is when SAO was airing.

& welcome! We always appreciate more people & their reactions/opinins to the shows.

daveo42

Banned

26 makes the most sense to me as well for how long Dandy will run. We could all use a little more Dandy in our lives.

Also, welcome to the crew!

I don't know enough about Hellsing to suggest a thread title for it. Come on, people. Hop to it.

Yo! Welcome to ToonamiGAF. Hope you like it here and whatnot.

ckohler

My sleep cycle got all messed up this weekend and I actually stayed up all night through the entire marathon. Yet, on an ordinary week, I usually drop out early. Weird.

Anyway, I'm excited to see the next few episodes of AoT. They are the only ones I saw prior to Toonami and I thought they were pretty good!

Welcome!

Welcome! ;)

Raxus

This week's subtitle should be tied to Black Lagoon's finale.

Also, Reviews!

Space Dandy
Pretty Dandy, custom ending, and I was partial to the art style (which is, admittedly, not for everyone). It is nice to have a comedy episode after such a heavy episode last week. Stay losing Bean and Gel. "I'll try to explain"

Attack on Titan
Titans were attacked. People shouted.

RANKINGS!

Great
Space Dandy

Attack on Titan
Attack on Titan

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I had a bunch of candy last night so I'll rank them:

Mike and Ike Tropical Blast - Nice real fruit flavor
Jolly Rancher Wild Berry Jelly Beans - Great texture
Skittles Riddles - Good but made my jaw hurt
Mike and Ike Wild Berry - Lots of samey flavors

Overall good and I have a lot of it left over.

Dandy was amazing. Season 2 is amazing.

Now for the marathon. Better way to watch the show. It's also somehow a better show when you know what is going to happen. Kinda odd that it works out that way but whatever. The best episodes in this set are clearly the training ones. Everything up to Kirito saving Mikasa in the flashback is really quite entertaining...and almost everything after is not that great. Pixilate coming back can't even fully stave off the boring and the episode they ended on is likely the worst in the series so far.

It's good that people get to see Gurren Lagann, but at the same time it has inspired so many obnoxious morons who disregard even the most simple characterization in favor of spamming Kamina fanboyism.

Amikami

Banned
New thread nice. I'm up a few spots in the poll. I've been 11-12 thee last couple of months. Back in the top 10.

Jarate

Banned
what was the name of those crappy animated shorts last night so we can tell Demarco to make better animation

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here's updated tentative end dates (not all of them but most of them)

Black Lagoon: September 6th
Naruto Uncut: September 6th
Space Dandy: September 27th
Attack on Titan: November 1st
Bleach: November 1st
Beware the Batman: November 8th
Hellsing Ultimate: November 15th
TTGL: February 21st 2015
Naruto Shippuden: Hahaha (but the manga looks close to the end so... an ending date soon?)
One Piece: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
guys the One Piece special wasn't all that good :(

I haven't finished it yet but...
I liked the reanimated Marineford, and the reanimated early scenes. Makes me wish they would re-animated and re-pace the entire series...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom