• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just remembered I need to check out the OVAs for FMA. I think I only saw one because it was free on iTunes. Something about a mansion & a little girl.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Outlaw Star is also likely coming back soon somewhere down in the rankings. They mentioned it an awful lot earlier in the year by name.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Depressing Gundam news, though Wing possibly getting remastered is something I'm hopeful of.

The rights holders are convinced that Gundam is worth more internationally than it is. It's beloved in Japan and a minor curiosity elsewhere. Like the NFL and America. Unlike the NFL though they don't seem to realize that money>no money and that exposure is the only way to build any fanbase so they haven't been able to work out a deal since they shuttered Bandai of America.

Man, in my mind I figure they'd be worth a lot, but outside of Wing, 08th and G I don't know much more about Gundam.

Hypothetically if Wing gets remastered does that mean Endless Waltz would too?

And do you think Funi will put the redone Outlaw Star on Toonami whenever they get it out?

doaqnpar.jpg

Thank you God

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It still boggles the mind that Tecmo and Nintendo have such a good relationship yet can't get a DOA5 port to save their lives. This is, what, the fourth time they've done something with it? PS360, PSV, F2P, PS4/XBONE.

tensuke

Outlaw Star is also likely coming back soon somewhere down in the rankings. They mentioned it an awful lot earlier in the year by name.

Ohhhh man I need this. The opening (and, well, show) is so good.

SEMENAIDE KESANAIDE MAKENAIDE

It still boggles the mind that Tecmo and Nintendo have such a good relationship yet can't get a DOA5 port to save their lives. This is, what, the fourth time they've done something with it? PS360, PSV, F2P, PS4/XBONE.

Do you want to see female Nintendo characters with insane boob jiggle physics? DO YOU?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's on its, what, 4th time airing? Perhaps they'll replace it with another older series like GitS again, just to give it a break.

Hell, I wish they got the rights for the original FMA, just so I can rewatch the original series again after seeing Brotherhood about 2 or 3 times.

Haven't they said that Brotherhood is going to be on more or less permanently? It's a good series to run like that, honestly. It's long enough that you're not really going to see the same episodes over and over again (once an episode airs, you won't see it again for a good 15 months or so), but it's short enough that it can repeat somewhat frequently enough to gain new fans even on its dozenth rerun. Perfect for a 4 am filler slot.

Haven't they said that Brotherhood is going to be on more or less permanently? It's a good series to run like that, honestly. It's long enough that you're not really going to see the same episodes over and over again (once an episode airs, you won't see it again for a good 15 months or so), but it's short enough that it can repeat somewhat frequently enough to gain new fans even on its dozenth rerun. Perfect for a 4 am filler slot.

i figured they were airing it until the rights run out, which could be sometime during this airing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bayonetta 1 remake and to a certain extent Hyrule Warriors, SSB4, TTT2 even Other M show that they don't mind releasing T and M rated games showing off a bit of extra sexy with Nintendo related characters and themes.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
i figured they were airing it until the rights run out, which could be sometime during this airing.

Don't expect the rights to ever expire. FMA is considered a flagship franchise for ASA/Toonami. The only reason the original series was allowed to lapse after 6 years was because they were straight up replacing it with Brotherhood.

It's basically the same situation as Cowboy Bebop. As long as the series is available to be renewed, it will be.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I do agree that it's a great length for reruns, which is why I watched it about 3 times. I didn't feel so burned out rewatching in comparison to, say, FLCL which only had 6 episodes.

I guess it's more of "I wanna rewatch the original series because it's been so long & I haven't seen it as many times in comparison to Brotherhood".

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
is it weird that i'd rather watch King Star King than Zurtrun

I don't understand what Zurtrun is even supposed to be.

I mean did somebody really look at a script for that and go, "this needs to be made, yeah."

There was literally nothing to it. It was just... empty.

Like it wasn't even the kind of awful where you could hate watch it. It was just sort of there, like an unused napkin somebody dropped on the floor somewhere. Entirely inconsequential.

I don't understand what Zurtrun is even supposed to be.

I mean did somebody really look at a script for that and go, "this needs to be made, yeah."

There was literally nothing to it. It was just... empty.

Like it wasn't even the kind of awful where you could hate watch it. It was just sort of there, like an unused napkin somebody dropped on the floor somewhere. Entirely inconsequential.

King Star King had animation and a bunch of weird images and a story, even if it ended up being terrible.

Zurtrun was a disjointed series of barely-animated jokes, and of those the only one i found funny was the whole "anyone can fly" thing, which was part of a sequence whose punchline was completely recycled. I actually think it might've been better as live-action; then we'd at least get some comedy out of this guy in that terrible outfit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom