• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
I haven't finished it yet but...
I liked the reanimated Marineford, and the reanimated early scenes. Makes me wish they would re-animated and re-pace the entire series...

One Piece Kai will probably be a thing at some point. It's hard to imagine it not being

ibeoKutvgFmlOD.jpg

They gave it wires. Incredible

I got an idea for an OT title

Toonami |Sep14| The bird of Saturday is my name, watching cartoons to make me tame

Subtle Hellsing reference. Don't know if it's too long though.

Jarate

Banned
How anout Toonami OT: I Simg You Sing We All Sing For Hellsing

Also, how the fuck did I not make it in the top 20

You think id shitpost about epdiuo enough to make it in, but now my drive is even stronger

Seda

Seda needs to make a double wide image for Hellsing or else it's gonna look weird

I will do something like that. On this note, open question, are the images in the OP sized okay? Should they be smaller?

I originally based the sizes off of a browser window in 1080p, and it should look okay in mobile too.

Soulflarz

Banned
The thread felt pretty depressed after that episode

I remember only being here for the reactions and yeah it was amazing

On another note- Im scared.
Kid from my very small school makes a twitter a few days ago, follows my friends. Randomly follows an account that talks about games, then sees a ton of GAF member RTs. Eventually follows me...I have no clue if he has *any* clue its me or a random Chris who likes games.
(Also hes following a persona rp account and im still almost positive he has no clue what persona is but whatever thats a seperate issue)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I will do something like that. On this note, open question, are the images in the OP sized okay? Should they be smaller?

I originally based the sizes off of a browser window in 1080p, and it should look okay in mobile too.
I think it looks fine from the view of Chrome on a 14" laptop that has the zoom view at 90% for this site. Maybe eventually, once there's more retired shows, they could be shrunk down to maybe a 500 px width, just because more retired shows = more pics to load, especially for mobile (though I have no experience with mobile browsing).

Seda

I think it looks fine from the view of Chrome on a 14" laptop that has the zoom view at 90% for this site. Maybe eventually, once there's more retired shows, they could be shrunk down to maybe a 500 px width, just because more retired shows = more pics to load, especially for mobile (though I have no experience with mobile browsing).

Right, as the retired shows (or movies) listing gets longer, I was thinking of consolidating that a bit. I do want to keep that there though, for sure.

Seda

Here's updated tentative end dates (not all of them but most of them)

<snip>

Here's the full list.

Black Lagoon: September 6th, 2014
OG Naruto: September 6th, 2014
Space Dandy: September 27th, 2014
Bleach: November 1st, 2014
Attack on Titan: November 1st, 2014
Beware The Batman: November 8th, 2014
Hellsing Ultimate: November 15th, 2014
Cowboy Bebop: January 24th, 2015
Samurai Jack: January 31st, 2015
Gurren Lagann: February 21st, 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: May 23rd, 2015
Clone Wars: September 19th, 2015
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last month of Dandy :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still waiting on that Blu-Ray release of Space Dandy, Funimation. I wanna see this show in glorious HD.

& I still wonder what DBZ Kai is going to be replacing. I mean, for such a popular show, it's most likely be the front runner at 11:30 PM, but either it'd be replacing AoT or that'd get moved to a different time, which I doubt since that's another highly popular show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd love if they started over Bleach and slid it down the line. We'd get over a year of great content out of it.

Seda

Bleach might be ending, but FMA:B will always be here to endlessly rerun!

I hope it doesn't rerun again next year

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They could always replace FMA:B with FMA.

Also Bleach could slide in nicely in one of the giant holes left by Batman/Hellsing leaving.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Reposting from the old thread.

Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 17 - Female Titan: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 1
12:00 - Bleach - 358 - Clash!? Xcution attacks Ginjo
12:30 - Space Dandy - 23 - Lovers are Trendy, Baby
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 35 - An Unnecessary Addition
1:30 - One Piece - 269 - Robin Betrayed! The Motive of the World Government!
2:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 3 - Who Do You Think You Are, Having Two Faces!?
2:30 - Beware the Batman - 17 - Monsters
3:00 - Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 24 - The Gunslingers - END
3:30 - Naruto - 35 - The Scroll's Secret: No Peeking Allowed
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 28 - Father
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 6 - Symphony for the Devil
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 54 - Heroes on Both Sides
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 31 - Jack in Egypt

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Everything on the block besides One Piece, Naruto Shippuden, TTGL, FMA:B, Clone Wars, and Samurai Jack is ending in the next three months. That's half the block! I doubt many of them will be reairing this go around and we know of exactly two replacements...one of which will also end in the three month window! There's going to be some massive turnover!

Soulflarz

Banned
I hope FMA:B doesnt rerun so i can watch it on my own after OP and my friend wont nag me to watch it faster for 50 odd weeks

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also not on the table. Unlike 08th MS that show also has a ratings stigma on it from its initial run so even beyond its rights not being secured its in that Code Geass/DRRR category of tried and failed. I love G Gundam and would adore watching it on TOONAMI, but it's not possible at this time if ever.

Wing will eventually be picked up and remastered for western release because of popularity and it'll make it on TOONAMI.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hope FMA:B doesnt rerun so i can watch it on my own after OP and my friend wont nag me to watch it faster for 50 odd weeks
It's on its, what, 4th time airing? Perhaps they'll replace it with another older series like GitS again, just to give it a break.

Hell, I wish they got the rights for the original FMA, just so I can rewatch the original series again after seeing Brotherhood about 2 or 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom