• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, we're back to normal as Eren and the scouts encounter an all new titan, Tsukishima's plan is set in motion as Xcution (among others) turn heel, love is in the air for Dandy, Yamato takes charge of the revamped Team Kakashi, Robin is shocked by the intense douchebaggery of Spandam, Simon and Kamina find out if two faces really are better than one, Bats and Katana team up with Metamorpho, things come to a head in Tokyo as Black Lagoon bows out with guns a-blazing, Team 7 gets caught in the Lost Woods in OG Naruto's last call on Toonami, Edward meets the Father of the Homunculi, Spike runs across a kid with a penchant for the blues, Padme tries to broker peace with the Separatists, and Jack travels to Egypt to destroy the unspeakable evil that is DIOAku.

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 17 - Female Titan: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 1
12:00 - Bleach - 358 - Clash!? Xcution attacks Ginjo
12:30 - Space Dandy - 23 - Lovers are Trendy, Baby
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 35 - An Unnecessary Addition
1:30 - One Piece - 269 - Robin Betrayed! The Motive of the World Government!
2:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 3 - Who Do You Think You Are, Having Two Faces!?
2:30 - Beware the Batman - 17 - Monsters
3:00 - Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 24 - The Gunslingers - END
3:30 - Naruto - 35 - The Scroll's Secret: No Peeking Allowed
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 28 - Father
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 6 - Symphony for the Devil
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 54 - Heroes on Both Sides
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 31 - Jack in Egypt

Soulflarz

Banned
Ive wasted away today with danganronpa 2+chipotle+ice cream

Love days like today
(Only issue is ACT is next week and i havent prepped at all)

i've heard season 3 is supposed to get good in like......two weeks. but then again i was also not prepared for this season to actually be pretty much shit until then, so who knows?

It was okay, not great, but not bad

it managed to be absurdly blunt even by the standards of a children's show that puts the message at the front of every episode and wasn't even satisfying in the end because they never earned their progress. i mean by the standards of this current season it's ok, but in general yeah that's pretty bad.

Sharpeye

Season 2 was pretty decent for the most part. Season 3 has been pretty damn bad so far from what I've seen.

This episode and the next arcs are what got me back into the clone wars after I dropped it in season 2. This is when the show starts going into a darker tone, it's slow and steady shift that gets better and better
especially when Maul's brother Savage shows up and does some brutal things.

Tonight seems like a good time to start staying up for Bebop, I've never seen the series outside of the first 2 and last episodes.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Seriously you missed the BEST episode of the entire series
and any anime of all time
two weeks ago you dun goofed!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember the first time I decided to check out Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim, it turned out to be the final episode....

Raxus

I remember the first time I decided to check out Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim, it turned out to be the final episode....

Yeah, I saw 2-3 episodes of Cowboy Bebop and one of those was the final episode. I actually sat down and watched most of the series but I don't know if I have seen every episode.

How does this happen?

Haha! Bebop is always on super late so I always tell myself I'm gonna stay up for it each run but end up getting sleepy and slacking off after a week or two. I only watched the finale because I was still trying to pick up my brain after Big O's last episode.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Seriously you missed the BEST episode of the entire series
and any anime of all time
two weeks ago you dun goofed!

I also own the movie which is weird

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did they ever show Heaven's Door on Adult Swim? I could've sworn they did at one point. Kind of surprised with how many times they've reaired the series, the movie isn't shown as much.

Rutger

Banned
Haven't seen all of Cowboy Bebop?

That's strange for me to even think of, I've probably known how all the episodes go for half my life now.

I'm not positive, but I want to say the first episode I saw was Pierrot le Fou.
That's one way to start the series, haha.

Tonight seems like a good time to start staying up for Bebop, I've never seen the series outside of the first 2 and last episodes.

I'm always surprised to find anime fans that never watched Cowboy Bebop. It's just one of those series that I just assume everyone has watched due simply to its proliferation. I remember back at UC San Diego when I went to the Anime Club I met people that have never even heard of CB and I was like "Whaaa?" It's kind of like never hearing about Star Wars.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is actually the point where AoT starts to build up. It doesn't get good until after the anime ends, but this is where things take form.

Mother Nature, you ungrateful bitch. You got a lot of nerve fucking up my weekend. Now I'm possibly stuck watching Toonami at my school library or seeing it at a hotel

Soulflarz

Banned
Mother Nature, you ungrateful bitch. You got a lot of nerve fucking up my weekend. Now I'm possibly stuck watching Toonami at my school library or seeing it at a hotel
School library at midnight or a hotel?
Err are you being sarcastic? I cant tell :/
(Just skip it)

BBboy20

IMG_1908_zps6219dad6.jpg

As promised, I have my bottle up for tonight's episode.

School library at midnight or a hotel?
Err are you being sarcastic? I cant tell :/
(Just skip it)

Power knocked out at my house and neighboring areas thanks to severe thunderstorms last night, college has power and library is open 24/7. Either I watch Toonami here if I remember my Xfinity account crap to use the watch [as] thingy or I go to a hotel to watch. Not that hard to figure out

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
On the "what's Shonen and not" thing, you know what series is Shonen? Highschool of the Dead.
Seriously.

The magazine it's in must have really lax standards about what can be shown. It also features "High School DxD" and "Dragons Rioting" (a martial arts series that makes Kenichi look like the Karate Kid).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is actually the point where AoT starts to build up. It doesn't get good until after the anime ends, but this is where things take form.
The last few episodes have definitely been better since the "slow pacing issue" episodes, & hopefully this week's will be good considering there'll be attacking & titans once again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
On the "what's Shonen and not" thing, you know what series is Shonen? Highschool of the Dead.
Seriously.

The magazine it's in must have really lax standards about what can be shown. It also features "High School DxD" and "Dragons Rioting" (a martial arts series that makes Kenichi look like the Karate Kid).
Meanwhile, Shonen Jump had stuff like To-Love-Ru to the point they were just like "Screw it, move it to our spin-off magazine so you can be uncensored".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom