• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Skypia pays off big time in the long run. But yeah, it is a chore to get through the first time through. Great battle between Luffy and Enel though.

Order

Damn you guys are killing my One Piece binge hype

I just made it to the timeskip and I really hope this Fake Straw Hats plot doesn't last long

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Eneru was the only highlight of the Skypiea arc for me. Looking back, it's no wonder why I was starting to get out of One Piece along with the other long-running stuff like Naruto & Bleach. It was such a drag sitting through some of the episodes, ESPECIALLY when it decides "Hmmm, let's have a THREE episode flashback to someone else while current stuff is happening!".

Seda

One Piece does have a bad habit of placing flashbacks in odd places in order to establish something. Perhaps works slightly better than what Naruto does* because it separates it into multi-episode chunks rather than dispersing them in 2-3 minute deals throughout.

*Talking about /actual/ flashbacks, not replayed scenes.

Eneru was the only highlight of the Skypiea arc for me. Looking back, it's no wonder why I was starting to get out of One Piece along with the other long-running stuff like Naruto & Bleach. It was such a drag sitting through some of the episodes, ESPECIALLY when it decides "Hmmm, let's have a THREE episode flashback to someone else while current stuff is happening!".

The flashback was worse in the manga since it went on for almost nine chapters. Calgara and Noland are great bros, but the entire backstory needed to come earlier before the climax of the arc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece does have a bad habit of placing flashbacks in odd places in order to establish something. Perhaps works slightly better than what Naruto does because it separates it into multi-episode chunks rather than dispersing them in 2-3 minute deals throughout.

Naruto does it both ways actually, making it a no win situation if not for Naruto flashbacks usually being pretty damn good. The bad ones are always of stuff that happened 3 weeks ago but anything with any length of time behind it is usually pretty interesting.

Skypiea certainly has its moments, but
it was the time where I really got annoyed by the mandate that Luffy must get stuck and/or be defeated like 3 times before he wins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The flashback was worse in the manga since it went on for almost nine chapters. Calgara and Noland are great bros, but the entire backstory needed to come earlier before the climax of the arc.
Yeah, I didn't mind it overall, since One Piece likes to make each location it visits unique, but when you're close to the final encounter with the hero & villain, it's not what you want to see.

Naruto does it both ways actually, making it a no win situation if not for Naruto flashbacks usually being pretty damn good. The bad ones are always of stuff that happened 3 weeks ago but anything with any length of time behind it is usually pretty interesting.

I take it you weren't a fan of Kabuto's flashback.

bigkrev

One Piece spoilers:
Fishman Island isn't really a bad arc. It's fairly decent, but it suffers from the fact that it came right after the timeskip and had a poorly executed villain. It's still enjoyable when binging, but it is a big slump after all the hype.

I was reading it WHILE binging, it brought the binge to a crashing halt. Skypiea was the only other big choke point, where I almost gave up on the series, which probably isn't going to happen now (because of how far I am now), but had this been where Skypiea was, I probably would have dropped the series then.

Tenumi

Banned
SAO II Spoilers:
There's an almost-rape scene near the end of the episode. It's really disturbing and the guy who is doing it is almost as creepy as Sugu.
And guess who comes to save the day as usual?

SAO II Episode 13 Spoilers

Almost as creepy? That was more creepy and nauseating than anything SAO has put out so far to me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Other than Space Dandy, do I have to SkeDump tonite?

I've been playing Hyrule Warriors all day, bumpin' around in Adventure mode, and I really wanna unlock Ruto, but I think I have to do that in STORY first or something?

But my time with Adventure has been well spend, as weapons got crazy powerful, and found the Naginata for Impa, which has to have one of the most beautiful Uppercuts / C2's of any Warriors weapon ever.

It's be less of an issue if the WiiU didn't DEVOUR drawings and such while playing, haha. Can't even play during commercial breaks :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Haven't seen either of those arcs but of the all the one piece ive seen(up to the end of enies lobby) Alabasta arc has to be my most hated.It was just so hard for me to car about anything that was going on there and it dragged on for far too long.

Don't get me wrong, Crocodile was a great villain and his fights with luffy were awesome. It was ViVi who really bugged me about the entire arc.

Vivi was tolerable. At least until they got to Alubarna.
I don't hate her or anything, but damn...

The fuck is wrong with you two?

Crocodile

You know what I'm glad never happened?
This show.

Imagine if that was America's first exposure to Gundam. *shudders*

Dear lord :/

I like how they have the wheelchair bound black kid though. GOTTA COVER ALL THE BASES!!

I love how we have 3 gifs for Beware the Batman and that is it.

Let me add one more.

tumblr_nbuj4mRlQh1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

It doesn't even look like he actually licks the knife LOL

ugh i saw these back when BL first started airing on Toonami. So awful excellent

FIXED

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yes, you have to. It's in your contract.

It is?! .... AH! There it is! Article E, subsection AT. 1t.

Oh, there will be dumps tonight! But I don't feel like giving Dandy it's proper sendoff till next week, ha. For now... time to have fun being Beware! Have to get SOMETHING good out of the Marathon, no? (Surely won't be the show itself....)

Gorillaz

God I wish Dandy was on earlier...

Probably will be either the last or possibly only thing I catch tonight. The block is 2Gawdman4me

so, my podcast made up a Beware the Batman drinking game. feel free to add more!

One shot for every time Batman loses
Two shots for every time something stupid happns
One shot every time a not-obscure villain is out of character and/or dumb as hell
One shot every time Katana attempts to make a witty line but fails
Three shots every time Alfred is better than everyone
Two shots if Anarchy makes an appearance
Two shots if Anarchy tries to be the joker
One shot if you hear Gordon talk and get sad he doesn't talk about foots in asses or saying bitches leave
One shot if they foreshadow a plot point from the comics and never follow through with it
One shot if a one-liner is freaking terrible
One shot if Gotham is empty
One shot if the textures look like a 90s computer game fmv
One shot if something bad happens to a reoccurring character and they're never shown again
One shot if Katana can use her katana but doesn't

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
so, my podcast made up a Beware the Batman drinking game. feel free to add more!

One shot every time a not-obscure villain is out of character and/or dumb as hell
One shot if you hear Gordon talk and get sad he doesn't talk about foots in asses or saying bitches leave
One shot if they foreshadow a plot point from the comics and never follow through with it
One shot if something bad happens to a reoccurring character and they're never shown again

Are you trying to kill people with that?

I want to live to see tomorrow

Soulflarz

Banned

RIP

Seda

Oh right, tonight's Gurren Lagann is an alternate version. Will have to see if I can catch the Disc version somewhere else, sometime.

Someone stop this man before he commits mass murder

Gorillaz

You know what

I do have a 24 pack of shitty keystone
52kIF.png
I might have to join in after all depending how the night goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom