• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's from a 1999 Shonen Sunday commercial.

And the anime ending is better than the manga ending.

I read a translation of it back when it happened a long ass time ago and am talking generally, what are the major differences?

I really like how FINAL ACT did everything though, it's only real problem is that Kagome isn't as good as old Kagome was in the dub version.

Basically the first 60 episodes of One Piece are AWESOME.

When it comes to episodes in One Piece

the-lego-movie-awesome-e1392309318427.png

Also unrelated anime pick up

Very enjoyable show that got over looked by a lot of people

MikeMyers

I read a translation of it back when it happened a long ass time ago and am talking generally, what are the major differences?

I really like how FINAL ACT did everything though, it's only real problem is that Kagome isn't as good as old Kagome was in the dub version.
There's no kiss, and Koga isn't in the ending at all

Jarate

Banned
Yeah, Don Krieg fight and Arlong fight are both awesome fights

Don Krieg battle where Mihawk shows up is one of my favorite moments in the show. Honestly though, the first part of the Grand Line is somewhat decent, but once you get closer to Alabasta, the show really does get a whole lot better

to be fair, the dub for the original InuYasha took the entire length of The Final Act and then some to become halfway decent

Yeah, Don Krieg fight and Arlong fight are both awesome fights

Don Krieg battle where Mihawk shows up is one of my favorite moments in the show. Honestly though, the first part of the Grand Line is somewhat decent, but once you get closer to Alabasta, the show really does get a whole lot better

Why are you censoring yourself for this? All One Piece stuff up to where we are is fair game.

daveo42

Banned

I'd watch it. The only issues I'd say I have are with Fox (just looks off) and Mario (he's got Sonic Boom legs).

What episode did they introduce the gourmet? That was the best episode, mostly because I felt the overreactions worked in the character's favor.

Edit: Just to make sure, the spoilers below are a part of Tokyo Ghoul and not One Piece. Just in case there was any confusion.

Anime spoiler:
Like the 3rd episode I think. The timing for him was different in the manga and came after the Doves/Hinami.

If anything that show got me pretty interested in the manga. I might pick it up once I get caught up with Berserk.

Minor manga spoiler:
The artwork starts off kind of rough and gets better. There's also a ton more to it and Kaneki isn't nearly as whiny or weak as he's been portrayed in the anime. He also has better control over Rize's ghoul ability. Character motivations are also way more fleshed out.

Massive manga spoiler (seriously do not read unless you are current with the manga):
The manga has already ended and right now kind of pisses me off. It left off with a ton of stuff unanswered with a ton of characters MIA. It almost looks like a setup for another massive arc to start sometime later. There's a prequel manga going on with some of the characters, so there is hope that we will see the current story line pick back up in the future.

Basically the first 60 episodes of One Piece are AWESOME.

Outside of filler, One Piece is awesome. Arlong Park is the best part of East Blue. Water 7/Enies Lobby is my favorite completed arc within the Grand Line.

Edit 2: Don Krieg was probably the low point for me in East Blue, but paved the way for the fantastic Arlong Arc.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I will always maintain that the CP9 is not the best saga of One Piece, nor Enies Lobby the best arc either. In fact, this all a touch overrated.
Whitebeard's War/Marineford has been the apex of One Piece.

I will always maintain that the CP9 is not the best saga of One Piece, nor Enies Lobby the best arc either. In fact, this all a touch overrated.
Whitebeard's War/Marineford has been the apex of One Piece.

i've always figured a lot of people put the CP9 arc so high because anime-wise pretty much everything after has some bad pacing issues (the very next arc isn't terrible, but it's there)

Wrong

i've always figured people put the CP9 arc so high because anime-wise pretty much everything after has some bad pacing issues (the very next arc isn't terrible, but it's there)

Wrong

People put the CP9 arc so high because it has the best story, the best development for the cast as a whole, and has one of the most powerful finales of any arc in a shonen anime/manga. The other arc is just a big spluge of shonen action awesome and it's just as great, but it's really like comparing two amazing pieces of pie. Both are equally fantastic

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wrong

Wrong

People put the CP9 arc so high because it has the best story, the best development for the cast as a whole, and has one of the most powerful finales of any arc in a shonen anime/manga. The other arc is just a big spluge of shonen action awesome and it's just as great, but it's really like comparing two amazing pieces of pie. Both are equally fantastic

I would discuss this more with you but I don't want to get into spoiler heavy arguments. Suffice it to say, you do not present evidence that changes my stance on this issue.

I would discuss this more with you but I don't want to get into spoiler heavy arguments. Suffice it to say, you do not present evidence that changes my stance on this issue.

Well twitter isn't a great place to have those conversations, and I didn't really present any evidence for fear of spoiler filled conversation.

Wrong

Wrong

Vague One Piece spoilers:
This current arc could be on-par with Water 7 and Alabasta. Need to re-read it when it's done.

Seda

How is Natural Doctrine btw? I was kind of soured on the game due to the impressions in the import thread, but I really want a new game that played like Valkyria Chronicles.

Just finished it.

I believe it's been patched once or twice since the Japanese launch, but I played through on Normal with little issue in terms of difficulty. I wouldn't say the game is /easy/, only requires you to be familiar with the game mechanics and how to use them properly. (Those are, by the way, pretty difficult to explain in text).

The game is only somewhat like Valkyria Chronicles though. It's turn based strategy on a grid, and unit positioning within each square does matter. Some levels just took a few tries to get acquainted with what different/new enemy units could do. Most of my damage was done with gunners.

I thought the game had some interesting ideas but the first word that comes to mind is 'bland'. One of the main mechanics is "link turn" which is awkwardly executed at times. Without getting into specifics, certain actions allow extra turns, like using items. So sometimes I found myself slinging potions around, even though I didn't need the HP, because free turns. Just kinda weird.

Story is bland (and although there is a fair amount of dialogue, it's about as watered down as you can get), characters are bland. After the final boss you are thrown right into credits.

Might be worth a rental, the game is not super long considering its genre. I haven't tried the multiplayer.

BBboy20

It's really damn good. I don't know if it'll come to Toonami, but it's only 11 episodes so it might be worth a binge watch.
Well, it's a Watanabe show that isn't slice-of-life so maybe Toonami wants it anyways.

cartman-redskins-pri-640x358.jpg

Photoshop Cartman with Kamiya's head and the background with the Bungie logo.
Funny that I mentioned Bayonetta 2 last night while playing Destiny.

Also, Middle Earth looking goooooodddddddddd. Just pre-ordered the PC version
Does this mean Monolith is back?

Science section was my weakest section

I am now pursuing a PhD in a science field.

Take that, ACT.
That's inspiring, I suppose.

I have to ask but was that the end of Water 7? Somebody mentioned why that city was named that would be explained but I don't recall it ever being or that it did end up being that important of a location.

Wrong

Wrong

Oh god I forgot what happened at the end of this arc...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Anyone think Toonami is an Illuminati plot to destroy weekends?

Joke aside, I'm laughing at all the Illuminati tweets that DeMarco is retweeting. Some people need to go outside more often.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hyrule Warriors is nice and relaxing. Great game to waste 2-3 hours playing. I like it quite a bit better than OP Pirate Warriors 1 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom