• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
continuing my watch of One Piece

Hawkeye just showed up, looks like business is about to pick up

also they are really building up the Grand Line

how many hundred episodes does it take before they get there

Moaradin

The jojo dub was pretty good. It was only the first 3 episodes, but I liked it. Richard Epcar as Joseph is pretty much perfect casting. Mathew Mercer is appropriately badass as Jotaro. The other side characters were pretty good as well.

The only thing I wasn't so sure of at first was Patrick Seitz as DIO, but I thought he did a pretty good job in the brief scenes that he shows up. They even did a good job with the weird battle cries!

bigkrev

I'm creating a Pokemon.com account, to get ready for the iOS release of Pokemon TCG online tommorrow.

What am I even doing with my life anymore.

continuing my watch of One Piece

Hawkeye just showed up, looks like business is about to pick up

also they are really building up the Grand Line

how many hundred episodes does it take before they get there

If you really want to know its episode
61_____________

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Honestly, they should p1 & 2 of Jojo, especially part 2 cause it's better then part 3
Part 2 group watch & dub would be amazing. Just sucks that Part 1, while overall a decent part, is kind of slow at times, especially at the beginning.

bigkrev

IIRC wasn't an account needed for Gen V (and I think Gen VI) global link?

You say this as if I have any idea what your talking about!

My Pokemon experience consists of playing Red and Blue, and then buying and beating Pokemon X last year, exclusively using original pokemon I recognized.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
...dammit now i wana watch it but i have other anime obligations >.<

It has a surprising amount of good action given the premise, also not nearly as dumb as the promotional material and summaries made it sound. If BE could make it onto Toonami, so could this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, it was, & it's the original TV version, not the "director's cut" DVD version. I haven't seen the original TV "recap" version in so long & yikes, so much stuff left out in terms of the actual plot that was in the episode that was filled in the DVD version.

Part of me wonders if they were forced to make it a recap episode or something, because you simply do NOT have enough material to work with when you're only 6 episodes in.

BBboy20

I'm already buying Bayonetta 2, Smash 3DS, Smash U, & the Blu-Ray for GotG. If I have the cash, I'll add Space Dandy to the list.
Are you me?

Steve Blum's gonna make me run out and buy Doritos
Yep.

...There is a series call selfie, promoted via hashtags, touchscreen mimicry, and hipsters?

It's satire, right?
Going by other advertising, it seems like an absurdest show.

tumblr_nc8r9rOZ4P1rpkkuqo1_500.jpg
At that point, Beware the Batman may as well be called The Robert Atkins Downs Show because he ended up voicing almost everybody.

I just realized something.
Beware ends with the Outsiders erasing Deathstroke's memory.
This was the plot to Identity Crisis, where it was revealed that Justice League had been erasing villain's memories for years (and Batman's when he found out about it).

Funny thing is that Identity Crisis has a scene where Deathstroke curbstomps the Justice League.
Wait, that's why it's called Identity Crisis? Because I get DC and Crisis stories mixed up.

I also agree that SAO II is a shoe-in to happen. I can imagine that being fun to watch if it's great or terrible. It would likely be a ratings boost regardless, so everyone wins.
Not for sanity or the existence of fiction.

Maybe we are getting Jojo and Hunter x Hunter and that is why they were not mentioned?
Being recently exposed to Jojo, I'm deeply amazed it hasn't made it to Toonami yet.

Thanks. Why was he so special though?
Because he's a dandy guy.

I'm cool with another airing of Attack on Titan, I think its a series that you pick up more of the hints on each run through
I can attest.

No way bro...

No...freaking...WAY
=O

Tomorrow is going to be a good day. Persona 4 Ultimax, One Piece: Season Six, Voyage One, and Shadow The Hedgehog(I know, i know, but I want to see how shadows story ends) all coming from amazon tomorrow. Anyone else getting Ultimax on ps3 here?
Here.

has anyone here actually heard the Jojo dub at all?

Toriko has a pretty good dub, and it would also have the best intro song of any series
It's pretty good.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, episode 6 was considered too hot for TV, and I'll note that was Japanese TV at that, which is probably why it is so hard to get the real version. Also, looks like Professor Pyg is going to be in Gotham next week .

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yea, episode 6 was considered too hot for TV, and I'll note that was Japanese TV at that, which is probably why it is so hard to get the real version. Also, looks like Professor Pyg is going to be in Gotham next week .

Seriously?!
At least he'll be closer to the comics there than he was on BtB.

Devil is a part timer is pretty great, you should for sure put it in your back log, not just Soulflarz but anyone who hasn't seen it. That said don't watch it before you catch up on One Piece

Soulflarz

Banned
I would say it's a back burner on your back log though, most of the other anime you've mentioned wanting to see or I've mentioned that you should see ranks higher then Devil Is A Part Timer FWIW

Off the top of my head stuff i notably am going to/want to see
Mandatory One Piece (on 91, ETA 3-5 months)
Darker Than Black
FMAB
Haruhi

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Darker than BLACK is still probably my pick as the most obvious "this should be on Adult Swim" show that was never on Adult Swim.

Raxus

Devil is a part timer is pretty great, you should for sure put it in your back log, not just Soulflarz but anyone who hasn't seen it. That said don't watch it before you catch up on One Piece

I concur. It is fantastic. I am sad I missed it when it was airing. Hope a season 2 happens.

Ocean dub of Kai?

MONDO COOL.

It isn't mondo cool

daveo42

Banned
AoT OP2 had to grow on my while OP1 was an instant classic.

Ocean dubbing Kai seems weird, but I'm sure it'll end up being good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom