• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

LATE NARUTO SPOILERS
The best naruto anime fight is
the Pain vs 6 tailed naruto where the animation is so bad that I cry laughing

You need to get your eyes checked if you think that was bad animation. Talk about the art all you want, the animation was top tier.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I didn't know until you posted this

Once again, some of us haven't seen Shippuden. Please lay off the hints, everyone.

Our introduction to him was in a secret underground lair covered in shadows, if that doesn't scream "I'm a bad guy" then nothing does. Shit that entire scene practically yelled it at the top of it's lungs.

You need to get your eyes checked if you think that was bad animation. Talk about the art all you want, the animation was top tier.
480436-Pain-funny-face.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The best naruto anime fight is
you might want to edit haha

And actually the animation was insane, but was very different. They had a whole bunch of animators on it, a similar scene was done with
Madara vs the ninja army
with much better results

Weird episode all around. Super good animation, nothing much happening though. And that music at the end. No idea what was going on. Time for One Piece.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I am most definitely not a villain.

He's actually not. Though the anime team in the last filler arc (which we won't get to a this rate until 2020/2021) really, really went out of their way to make him into one. He'll do anything for the sake of the leaf, no matter how dirty.

Our introduction to him was in a secret underground lair covered in shadows, if that doesn't scream "I'm a bad guy" then nothing does. Shit that entire scene practically yelled it at the top of it's lungs.

What seems obvious to you doesn't apply to everyone. Be courteous and refrain from hinting during the premiere portion of the block because some of us haven't seen Shippuden. It's not that hard.

ezekial45

Banned
I've been meaning to ask this; how has Toonami been doing lately? Ratings wise, I mean.

Last time I heard the higher-ups at AS were pretty happy, but that was like last year or so.

ckohler

It's because they don't have to put a lot of effort into animating moving characters and action scenes.

You'd be surprised how many shonen anime do this.
The last episode was also boring as hell yet looked like poop by comparison. This episode, which was also slow, looked really good with lots of great little character motions and sharp composition.

Maybe because this was the "new team formation" episode?

Ponn

Banned

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I just have to point out the irony of your Batman avatar.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I've been meaning to ask this; how has Toonami been doing lately? Ratings wise, I mean.

Last time I heard the higher-ups at AS were pretty happy, but that was like last year or so.

Still doing very well. Ratings have been down a bit in general, though that's mostly just been due to it being summer.

The Attack on Titan marathon last week drew crazy ratings for a holiday weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom