• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 40 - Frieza's Final Transformation! The Ultimate Nightmare Begins!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 41 - The Moment of Truth Approaches! Goku Back in Action!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 7 - Kill the Three Beasts - First Half
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 13 - Goldfish of the Marsh
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 24 - Mother's Rosario - END
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 83 - Target: Locked On
2:30 - One Piece - 317 - The Girl in Search of Her Yagara! Great Search in the City of Water!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 25 - Wall: Assault on Stohess, Part 3 - END

Later.

I wonder how well Studio WIT will handle the second season of AOT.

While we may debate the quality of their shows, what can't be debated is that their shows have all had productions issues, where they are just not finished upon their broadcast.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69iZ5QOMRbXhXRV

WVW69iZ7d4cjZL6_XT

LATER

Seda

While we may debate the quality of their shows, what can't be debated is that their shows have all had productions issues, where they are just not finished.

On that note it's somewhat common speculation here that if there was another show to get a simuldub & TV airing close to Japan's like Space Dandy ... Attack on Titan S2 would be the most likely.

While we may debate the quality of their shows, what can't be debated is that their shows have all had productions issues, where they are just not finished upon their broadcast.

$5 dollar budget

It'll bring in ratings anyways

Lol fix it for the blu ray which they'll buy anyways

PROFIT!

Seda

I really don't like the Filler Arc that comes after it. It doesn't even get my Non-Canon™ blessing.

Come to think of it, Naruto will also have not great filler to end the year with...

Yeah I checked a One Piece filler list and I gather there are a few episodes of filler here, some canon, and then a filler arc.

Naruto also has a filler arc coming up in several weeks and Toonami will end with an hour of filler running into a Kill La Kill rerun for a few months.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah I checked a One Piece filler list and I gather there are a few episodes of filler here, some canon, and then a filler arc.

Naruto also has a filler arc coming up in several weeks and Toonami will end with an hour of filler running into a Kill La Kill rerun for a few months.

Luckily early next year both will enter strong arcs, assuming neither is replaced by Fairy Tail.

Moaradin

It's a shame because they show a lot of potential. Regardless of what you think of AoT, some of those 3D maneuver gear scenes are sick. I watched Rolling Girls and that show might have been a bigger mess than AoT production wise. I hear vampire AoT wasn't much better either.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Things I like about AOT: It's a modern anime with almost nothing pervy in it. The soundtrack is good. The eye budget is through the roof. Science Lady. Potato Girl. Jean. Armin. Most of the stuff Mikasa does. Eren being a dolt. Overacting. Thick Dark Lines.

BBboy20

They did. But for some reason Toonami isn't airing the new versions. We should be getting new versions of the OP song with different singers too.
I'm going to guess this has been asked for a while to DeMarco but has not responded.

The guy behind the anti-smoking ads:

ee7bae4fbce592ce47c037960c3a8c62.jpg
We are a broken record now.

Here comes EDGE!

tumblr_mxv7a9BFPd1socuwlo4_250.gif
Keep doing this.

The fuck DVD cover is that?
TheEdgeposter.jpg

For some reason, it's one of the few movie posters I remembered as a kid.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART AND YOU'RE TO BLAME
HOLY SHIT!

What the hell is this
I'm noticing a trend of SMT avys and "dunce".

Let's be honest. Did people actually care about the Mad Max series before Fury Road?
It's the most influential post-apocalyptic fiction in the last 30 years.

I see. I stand corrected then.

I thought the movie series wasn't post-apocalyptic until Road Warrior though.
MM1 was originally suppose to be just a isolated situation.

this is stupid. They should have never dropped the first concept of being trapped in a game.
Could have been something about being a survivor of mass murder but nope.

I was playing MGS during all that. Didn't really pay much attention. I made the better choice.
Metal Gear is always the better choice.

Sounds like a yes.

Seriously, a Batman show without Batman is just... wrong.
At least Bill Finger is finally getting credit.
Gotham Central, man. But that was gone the moment kid Joker entered the show.

Like, fucking season finale should be about Killer Croc being hired to kill an snitch that can take down the mob after being in protected custody; a character that would be a challenge for Bats is the fight for the lives of Gordon and company. Big ass budget just for one episode that I'm sure WB can afford and something people would have talked about for some time.

Or a scene of Bullocks beating the fucking shit out of an hallway of thugs Oldboy/Korean filmmaking style or some shit or an episode of him being a drunk renegade and vengefully killing anybody he meets or some shit.. Why aren't I a TV director?

This is the best episode of shippuden, maybe of all of Naruto
Wut?

"Oh yeah, I just lost this to a random sea king that beginning-of-the-series Luffy one-shot."
And it's not considered his Phantom Pain. :eek:

We only knew that Shanks and Buggy used to be crewmates. We didn't know what flag they worked under.
This was the first time it was mentioned to be Gol D. Roger's crew.
Oh, so more revelations.

Yep, Hawkeye is the strongest swordsman in the world. He cut a goddamned galleon in two with his sword and wrecked Zorro with a tiny tiny dagger.
Is it a spoiler on who is the strongest non-Devil Fruit user at this point?

Heavens divided? Pros
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0

Toonami was super fun tonight besides SAO.

Can't wait till I finish my paper tomorrow so I can get back to 100% Metal Gear. Night.
I'm at 52% and just reached chapter 2; a certain point forced me to play story missions consecuvatly but...
man, why didn't I noticed the kilango connection? So much emphasis on language yet I only payed attention to physical and audio signs. I could have lost less men if I payed attention to the Language info but then again, at that point, everyone was learning six languages.

Moaradin

This guy was the animation director for tonight's Naruto episode. Quite a lot of impressive stuff under his belt. He also does another Shippuden episode coming up in a couple weeks. One of the best fights in the series for sure.

edit: Here's the episode director. He does the same upcoming episode as well.

BBboy20

Plus, it has a shower scene involving Revy. And Roberta.

And they're glorious.
...heheh.

No love for Faye valentine?
:(
She's the modern OG.

Speaking of anime that everyone should check out. I hope nobody forgets Death Parade too soon. It is a shame it is just weird enough to not find a niche and was forgotten so quickly apparently.
Death Ghoul School, etc. All these recent anime names are starting to blur to me.

If award events payed attention to Nintendo games, Fallout 4 would be shaking.

It's a shame because they show a lot of potential. Regardless of what you think of AoT, some of those 3D maneuver gear scenes are sick. I watched Rolling Girls and that show might have been a bigger mess than AoT production wise. I hear vampire AoT wasn't much better either.

Seraph of the End was pretty solid for most of season 1, but 2-3 episodes near the end became bad including one (10 or 11) that was so unfinished large chunks of it are still shots of the ground or of the characters doing action scenes over a still shot of a face or two.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. Quite a night.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Now THIS is my final form! Freeza reaches his most powerful (and iconic) form and shoots the medic, raising the tension to a massive level. Everyone is screwed.

Akame ga Kill:
Bahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, this was pretty stupid in the manga too, made even worse by the incompetent dubbing. I really wanted to say "don't get attached to Sheele" but I held back.
And jeez, Esdeath has only had a few lines but they're all so horrible. This is going to make later scenes really awkward...

Michiko & Hatchin:
Mushrooooooom Saaaaambaaaaaaa! This is why you don't go see a psychic surgeon, they're total quacks.

Sword Art Online II:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz This was stupid.

Naruto Shippuden:
Man, why can't Naruto in general be like this? You know, have emotional moments with actual weight to them? And it upsets me this wasn't in the manga. What the hell Kishi?

One Piece:
Shanks! Whitebeard! Two major powers collide and drop more plot bombs! R. Bruce Elliot is great as Whitebeard (shame they didn't get the laugh right...
Maybe soon
)

Raxus

Man, if you guys reacted to last night's episode of AgK badly I can't wait to see future reactions from the series. Oh, we can go dumber.
Seraph of the End was pretty solid for most of season 1, but 2-3 episodes near the end became bad including one (10 or 11) that was so unfinished large chunks of it are still shots of the ground or of the characters doing action scenes over a still shot of a face or two.
Sometimes I wonder if Shirobako wasn't so much an anime but moreso a warning about an anime industry about to collapse in on itself.

ckohler

Dragon Ball Z: Kai - Freeza's final form is really fantastic. What an iconic design. Piccolo brought up a good question I've been wondering: Why doesn't Freeza simply blow up Namek? Does he have a reason or is it just bad writing so we can have more fights? Also, I think Goku is being selfish not to leave his healing pod early to help. People are now dying but he won't act simply because he's only at 90% recovery or whatever. Another exciting episode. Rating: Dead-day

Akame ga Kill - This was a mixed bag. On one hand, I liked the over-the-top action and Guard Girl going full-out insane. She was so sweet and innocent last episode that I honestly didn't see it coming. On the other hand, it was laughably ham-fisted to expect us to feel anything about the glasses girl dying. We barely knew her! Yeah, she was nice but c'mon... she was barely more than a side-character. The rest of the episode was the usual mix of terrible dialog and bad voice acting. Leone continues to be the only character I don't mind. Rating: Disarmed

Michiko & Hatchin - I'm surprised you guys hadn't heard of Psychic Surgery before. Maybe it's my old age showing but it made the rounds back in the 80's before being properly debunked by skeptics like James Randi. Anyway, I liked this episode about as much as I could stand Michiko's childish behavior. I know I sound like a broken record but Hatchin deserves so much better than her. Trying to redeem Michiko at the end of every episode doesn't work when she just goes back to being a childish bitch ever time. Still, I can't deny that I was captivated by the presentation, especially the trip-out sequence. Still the best produced show on the block by far. Rating: Magic Hands

Sword Art Online II - Cringe, cringe and more cringe. I adore Yuuki but this episode was wincingly bad. It tries to be sentimental and uplifting but I can't take it seriously because real people aren't that accepting of these situations. The teachers and kids at the school would have more likely just given Asuna and her shoulder-camera friend weird looks and her Mom would have scoffed Asuna off. BTW, did you guys notice they filled the fan services quota by showing the Mom's ass twice? I can't imagine what could possibly happen in the final episode considering there is nothing more to say but if Asuna's mom somehow joins Kirito's harem, it will all have been worth it. Rating: V.R.M.M.BORE

Naruto: Shippuden - I.. whoa. Wait. Was that Shippuden? How?!? How can a consistently terrible show like Shippuden put out such a phenomenal episode!? I'm seriously stunned. Everything was perfect. The art direction, the animation, the voice acting, the music, the direction, and most importantly the tone! It was sublime and made even more amazing by the fact that it had no action; just effective, emotional character development. If there's a possibility of more episodes like this in the future, I'll happily keep watching this otherwise boring show because what they aired last night was art. Rating: 10 out of 10

One Piece - Confusing but interesting. As someone who's seen very little One Piece White Beard and Red Hair's conversation left me bewildered. Maybe MetatronM could give a little backstory on these two. It's obvious they are both very important people in this world but I was left just scratching my head while they talked. Meanwhile, I liked that everyone is now joining Franky to build the Straw Hat's boat. I'll be happy once they finally leave Water 7 for new adventures but it looks like we'll be here a bit longer. Rating: Pass the sake

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece - Confusing but interesting. As someone who's seen very little One Piece White Beard and Red Hair's conversation left me bewildered. Maybe MetatronM could give a little backstory on these two. It's obvious they are both very important people in this world but I was left just scratching my head while they talked. Meanwhile, I liked that everyone is now joining Franky to build the Straw Hat's boat. I'll be happy once they finally leave Water 7 for new adventures but it looks like we'll be here a bit longer. Rating: Pass the sake

They're
two of the four emperors of the New World. It doesn't get much more important than these guys, they're arguably two of the strongest characters in the series at this point in time

ckohler

Should I click those spoilers or not? I was more hoping someone could give non-spoilery backstory for episodes that would have already aired (just not on Toonami).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Should I click those spoilers or not? I was more hoping someone could give non-spoilery backstory for episodes that would have already aired (just not on Toonami).

It's fine, it's just an explanation of who they are in relation to the world. Garp might have said it all last week but I can't remember if he did off the top of my head.

Raxus

I dunno why he spoiled them. They are stuff introduced last episode. Shanks and Whitebeard are two of the strongest characters in One Piece. This episode kind of shows how threatening they are. Marines are actually legit shoot when Shanks and Whitebeard have a meeting because the fallout could be catastrophic.

Basically Whitebeard and Shanks are Best Frienemies Forever. They respect each other but obviously are competing for the same goal (One Piece).

Shanks was originally part of Gold Roger's crew along with Buggy the clown. There is mention of Haki being the mysterious force knocking out the chumps in Whitebeard's crew and Shanks offers a peace offering of sake as well as a warning to have Ace back off his search for Blackbeard aka Teach even though he murdered one of Whitebeard's crew. Teach is show to be quite duplicitous. Working for Whitebeard until an opportunity arose to get something he wanted. He even gave Shanks his scar over his eye apparently.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I went through a time portal!
But seriously, after about 3 months of boot camp I'm now a member of the United States Marine Corps. Yay

Be safe, and may all you potential Aku's actually be defeatable, with a clear and visable end to your series!

(Randomish aside, seein Mako's character die o. The movie "Bulletproof Monk" feels weird with him actually dead now.)

Anyone had that "Peter Puppy" vibe when you saw that Koro dog bulk up?

They even nailed down the red color.
Totally. Brother and I both said "this is just Earthworm Jim now!", and started to hum the cartoons OP.

Woulda loved to make a bit more a spoof in sketch dump, But Naruto was ACTUALLY WORTH PAYING FULL ATTENTION TO!... for once.

If you missed Toonami last night, it's airing on the stream.

I like this new schedule they've made.

Saturday - Encore of Last Week
Sunday - Encore of Last Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom