• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ZfuqUAY.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, didn't think Esdeath was going to buck convention here, just assume that X character is going to have a terrible voice in a Sentai dub until proven otherwise.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yea, didn't think Esdeath was going to buck convention here, just assume that X character is going to have a terrible voice in a Sentai dub until proven otherwise.
There's a minor character in the first episode of High School of the Dead with a good VA.

Mik317

this is stupid is a lot of great ways.

but let me get serious tho.

I cannot stand shows that just use death like this. It is what made me stay away from AOT for the longest (it's not as bad as people said because well no one important dies really and if they start, it at least has some form of build up). It just feels like a cheap way to raise you stakes and in turn makes you immediately not care about the characters as result.

Death in other anime are often earn and the ones that hit..hit.

ONE PIECE SPOILERS
Like Ace's death is weird because he really isn't around much but it still hits because of the general lack of death in the series.

big pet peeve and most hated trope of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom