• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

cntr

Banned
So what does he actually call her?
"Woman", literally, but that's still kind of an eh translation. It's mostly that Jotaro talks in a really blunt way to his mom, and not as politely as he's supposed to. (Which is, you know, a really Japan thing.)

"Bitch" is way too harsh and has way too many connotations that aren't supposed to be there.

ckohler

Reposting for new page...

WZDdH1X.jpg

Episode 74 "I Have Special Eyes"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Zonic discuss National Treasure, gum gum Piccolo, cave man Goku, Devo, swerves, raid quests, weird dreams, Talk no Jutsu, and a hilarious cat girl.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode074.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:33 News (OPM Season 2 Studio, IBO Season 2 trailer, Neo Yokio)
0:15:01 Dragonball Super
0:21:29 Dragonball Z Kai
0:26:40 Jojo: Stardust Crusaders
0:34:51 Tokyo Ghoul √a
0:39:34 Hunter x Hunter
0:44:54 Lupin the III
0:50:19 Naruto Shippuden
0:55:39 Outlaw Star
1:00:17 Wrap up

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Can't wait for the pages of discussion of my favorite character

Thank God he doesn't do shit afterwards I'm sick of dominating him discussion

That's why the anime will add a few Mineta filler episodes and then have the girls do a fashion show or something.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Podcast:

Spoilers for Danganronpa V3

Someone dies in the game
While everyone was talking about Shippuden & as Grex was transitioning into Outlaw Star, I was watching the first execution/wrapping up the first chapter. I thankfully muted my phone so nobody could hear my Vita....or myself going all "OH GOD"

Someone a few days ago in the Danganronpa thread was complaining, saying that "someone dies every chapter" is a spoiler

Yeah, I noticed that one... That must have been someone that has played the games before. I can't think of any other option for someone to say that's a spoiler unless they don't know about the franchise beforehand.

I just finished the game earlier today since I couldn't get to sleep. Ended up going until 4 in the morning...

zulux21

random steam keys
psychonaughts - EJTNT-BVIPF-K82QM
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee® -8C0WF-7I5X8-Y5NGM
Outlast (may be redeemed steam won't tell me) - 4JANT-83H4X-Z889P

not bothering hiding them because I don't care who gets them :p

caliph95

Vegetables is going to have lots of trouble against Frost who couldn't even beat SS1 Goku and Piccolo

I wonder how is he going to get by

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm tempted to make a joke, but I'll at least give credit that it seems the series is more self aware & less serious at this point, which has made it more enjoyable. Super fully knows about its tropes from the past, meaning I feel like I can be a bit more forgiving when some of the characters basically act the same way the audience does, i.e. "Just transform into your final form", "THAT'S NOT YOUR FINAL FORM!", etc.

Plus I like the whole idea that there's a different universe, but it so happens our main characters come from the "bad" one where as the opponents are from the "good" one since it would've been so easy to be all "oh no, our opponents are basically evil versions or even worse versions of people we've met"

Seda

So far I would say Super does not deserve the level of discussion and fandom it seems to generate. It feels like a bread sandwich.

Chase17

It's made it to OT8 lol. While the show starts to look more consistent, I wouldn't say the overall quality of the show improves much from this point on.

So far I would say Super does not deserve the level of discussion and fandom it seems to generate. It feels like a bread sandwich.
It's running purely off nostalgia in my opinion. It's still...moderately entertaining, but it ain't worth having a heated discussion about. The Super thread is...weird to me.

You know what animated character deserves more respect?

giphy.gif

Marvin the Martian is out there, doing his 9-5, trying to blow up the Earth. A working class man, struggling to make a living, competing against beatniks like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.

Morlas

The thing about super for me is it doesn't need to be evocative or anything it just needs to be a fun show with fun characters that I can tune into every week and it gives me that

zulux21

The thing about super for me is it doesn't need to be evocative or anything it just needs to be a fun show with fun characters that I can tune into every week and it gives me that

I'll have more fun watching super in english again from here on out then I will hunter x hunter after this arc finishes up :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty much, but I'll take it over Z any day since it's more about being fun compared to being serious.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I mean, quality and popularity can go together, but they certainly don't have to.
What jokes would even be different? If anything, because they're going to an earlier time period, they're limiting what pop culture references they can shove in because "I REMEMBER THAT, THEREFORE IT'S FUNNY! BUT NOW IT'S COMING FROM A KID, WHICH MAKES IT FUNNIER!"

I don't need to reinvent the wheel or anything, but I would appreciate it if it was a little cleverer and better structured.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
super spoilers
i dunno the way they handled goku black was pretty cool

That's like the only arc I genuinely enjoyed in Super. The others so far have been all OK. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Super to me is about as creatively bankrupt as you can get for an anime. People love the multiple universe thing but honestly I think its kind of lame
If you're gonna do alternate universe I much prefer them to be distinct and interesting and not just a slightly different version of the mainline universe

Raxus

I like the arc and I admit it is moving slow.
It doesn't help whole episodes are dedicated to riff raff with an occasional good joke sprinkled in than run to the ground. Character based eps are by far the best and yes they are saving their load for the finale it seems....I hope.

I like the arc and I admit it is moving slow.
It doesn't help whole episodes are dedicated to riff raff with an occasional good joke sprinkled in than run to the ground. Character based eps are by far the best and yes they are saving their load for the finale it seems....I hope.
I wonder how many people are still
waiting for Tien to be cool...
I think
it would've been better as a 4 universe tournament so not as much character time was wasted
Outside of
a couple of U6 characters
the whole lot can die.
Cabba
can remain so he can continue being shitted on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Based on my math (i.e. accounting for possible marathons), I think 2nd Gig will end in May? I'm assuming we'll get 3 marathons in December, otherwise it'll end near the end of April.

Seda

Based on my math (i.e. accounting for possible marathons), I think 2nd Gig will end in May? I'm assuming we'll get 3 marathons in December, otherwise it'll end near the end of April.

Not that it matters much really, but Attack on Titan rerun aired during the Labor Day marathon. GitS may not miss weeks, depending on how they do it.

Also not that it matters much, but small little things like this is why I tend not to preemptively count marathons in my show end dates stuff because I don't want to guess the exceptions.

Top Bottom