• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
as the idiot who's seen tenchi muyo gxp two times, i'm here to tell you guys that you are remembering that show way too fondly

It's also a boring show with almost nothing going on. It's almost nothing is a hell of a lot better than TG square root of A's nothing. I've also unfortunately seen it twice.

Moaradin

Time for a dumb tier list for female characters in current Jump manga series!

Ideal tier:
-World Trigger: A battle shonen where there are great female characters (and fights with them), the author is in the midst of an 80 chapter arc that has a key focus on developing the main female character, and there is zero fan service. What's the catch? It's been in hiatus for almost a year :(
-Promised Neverland
-Gintama

So far so good tier:
Shudan! (soon to be cancelled)
Dr. Stone

Heavily utilized and competent but ridiculous fan service keeps them from ideal tier...tier:
-Food Wars

The "Why don't you use them more?" tier:
-HxH
-My Hero Academia
-Kimetsu no Yaiba

"Why are they dressed/drawn that way?" tier:
-One Piece
-Black Clover

"No seriously, why are they dressed/drawn that way?" tier:
-Boruto

"Female characters? What are those?" tier:
-Hinomaru Zumou (to be fair, this is a bit better than the other two here due to the cool karate teacher)
-Haikyuu
-Robot x Laserbeam

Unranked tier:
The gag and romance series (and HM) that I don't know anything about.

I would move Dr. Stone down. It's a pretty good series so far but the amount of upskirts on the main female character is RIDICULOUS. She wears nothing underneath and I'm pretty sure you can see some vulva in one of the panels.

Chase17

I would move Dr. Stone down. It's a pretty good series so far but the amount of upskirts on the main female character is RIDICULOUS. She wears nothing underneath and I'm pretty sure you can see some vulva in one of the panels.
Yeah, you are right. I put too much emphasis on her being the main fighter. I wanted a new series tier too much I guess lol. Down the list it goes.

Should humanity ever find itself on the brink of total annihilation, we have to make certain shows like GXP are purged.

Completely.

That way, should life spring up or continue, it can begin pure.

Morlas

Should humanity ever find itself on the brink of total annihilation, we have to make certain shows like GXP are purged.

Completely.

No we must have a reminder of past mistakes lest we repeat them

caliph95

Some asshole: But he's a dude and those chicks are hot
man
I totally won't be traumatized

Like if it's true if they reversed the gender that would never air

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*looks up series & author*

....It's the author who did "Momo no Musume"...

That explains everything.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Completely.

64_anime_film.jpg

Going Shinji on your reborn life.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fun Fact: Funimation started on the arc BEFORE the one Toonami started on, and then started from the beginning to do the 150ish episodes before then to completely get rid of the legacy of 4kids. Right around the time they caught back up to where they were (early 200's) was when the simulsub started.

I think Attack on Titan actually does pretty right by its female characters. At least, by the standards of its universe. Sure Mikasa is too Eren-crazy, but it doesn't nullify the fact that many of the strongest characters in that series are women. Many characters who carry the plot along are women.There's no big difference in uniform between male and female soldiers for cheap fanservice. While there is a bit of an uncomfortable joke a bit later on, Christa and Ymir's relationship is never made out to be something strange.

Also I personally don't like how the artist draws they eyes of female characters.

Top Bottom