• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Is that where the Namcha meme comes from?

Yep:

tumblr_n23a486LsZ1sycuvlo6_r1_500.gif

Hottest take Jim Jam season one opening is the best one.

I gotta go with the Battle Tendency OP, Bloody Stream.

Morlas

I thought it was because he cut the time to master that energy into a fraction because his personas shared experience

caliph95

Exactly. He's only really that strong because he used the extra personalities to shield himself from the darkness of the world and his deeds if I remember right.
Pretty much he split his training between the personalities and left his original personality "innocent" from the shit he pulled to help his guilt and allow him to do shit he wouldn't normally do

Exactly. He's only really that strong because he used the extra personalities to shield himself from the darkness of the world and his deeds if I remember right.

Kinda like Morlas said - they each lent themselves in their own individual training within his mind in helping him to gain all that power

The best parallel to this I can think up is how Naruto utilized his shadow clones in powering up his rasengans, except with Sensui it's all his personalities at once helping his true self

Kinda like Morlas said - they each lent themselves in their own individual training within his mind in helping him to gain all that power

The best parallel to this I can think up is how Naruto utilized his shadow clones in powering up his rasengans, except with Sensui it's all his personalities at once helping his true self
"Mental Clone Jutsu"

caliph95

"You are a demon"
Yusuke: "Give me a break you jerk it's called a running joke"

Kuwabara: Can't wait to kick his ass
Hiei: you do know he will kick back right

Been really enjoying Yakuza Kiwami. I don't know if I'll continue doing a lot more of the Sub Stories or just continue with the main chapters. Not as good as 0 was for me so far, but I'm getting close to the end of Kiwami (Chapter 10 out of 12 or 13), so it probably won't get to me like 0 did. Still really great though!

I'm in the last world of Mario + Rabbids (another awesome game!) as well since I've been playing that when I'm not playing Kiwami. I also have Metroid: Samus Returns in 10 days along with backlog.

Too many good games out this year... and they're still coming!

I see people are outraged that some people who review games may not, wait for it, be good at some games.

The horror.

Dear god, the horror.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
well yeah

you wouldn't hire someone who wasn't good at reading to review a book

or someone who didn't know how to drive to review a car

#flawlesslogic

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
well yeah

you wouldn't hire someone who wasn't good at reading to review a book

or someone who didn't know how to drive to review a car

#flawlesslogic

Hell, most videogame writers can barely write and no one complains about that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, the only way I can really describe Type-0 HD is all the cutscenes feel like those documentaries you had to watch in school. You couldn't care less, you just zone out because of how bored you are, resulting in not knowing what's going on because you just don't care & there's no reason to. Doesn't help I remembered this was suppose to be part of the FF13 universe with the whole "L'cie" stuff.

It's not even that "terrible" despite some annoying design/gameplay decision, it's just too dull. Though I will say I question the RTS part that felt like I was playing a damn mobile game. I'm starting to realize maybe the FF15 demo was included just to help sales, because man, I don't get why people wanted this game to be localized aside from "IT HAS FINAL FANTASY IN THE TITLE, THEREFORE I WANT IT!" Hell, it probably only has FF in the title so more people would take interest.

I haven't felt this bored by a JRPG since playing that Sega Hard Girls x Hyperdimension Neptunia crossover. At the very least, this was rather short, especially since I just said screw it & used the exploit where you can get someone to level 99 in under 30 minutes, & it's one backlog game taken care of before the surge of games coming out this month & October.

Edit: This game is also a great example of Dominant Strategy because I only used Ace because he had both close & ranged attacks so I didn't want to use anyone else, nor did I feel the need to really use magic, summons, or any other magic attacks. Granted, again, I grinded everyone to 99 via the super easy exploit introduced early on, but if the game offered an easy solution, then I figured I might as well use it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Teach me your ways writer-bat-man

Use the active voice. Keep your constructions simple. Read a lot of good writing.

Boom. Shit isn't hard.

EDIT: I'm obviously being hyperbolic about everything, but there's times I read an article and wonder what the fuck the person is smoking.

Morlas

Use the active voice. Keep your constructions simple. Read a lot of good writing.

Boom. Shit isn't hard.

EDIT: I'm obviously being hyperbolic about everything, but there's times I read an article and wonder what the fuck the person is smoking.
Come on don't you know too much vidya games rots ya brain?

I see people are outraged that some people who review games may not, wait for it, be good at some games.

The horror.

Dear god, the horror.

Still, the whole Cuphead thing is pretty baseline in how much skill you need to be a game journalist, which from the guy who couldn't even get past the tutorial and 1st stage without straining himself, is not much.

Cuphead does not look like a hard game but to that guy it might as well been the "souls-like of 2d platformers".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Still, the whole Cuphead thing is pretty baseline in how much skill you need to be a game journalist, which from the guy who couldn't even get past the tutorial and 1st stage without straining himself, is not much.

Cuphead does not look like a hard game but to that guy it might as well been the "souls-like of 2d platformers".

Cuphead reminds me of Contra with the running and shooting. Contra can be difficult but it's manageable.
Someone have him try Contra III on the SNES Classic and see how that goes.

Xe4

Banned
Oh yeah, if you live in Fl stay super safe! I'm hoping it ends up missing the highest density areas or reducing in intensity.

Morlas

Make sure to be careful if you have to go outside at any time guys hopefully this one doesn't stay over you too long

Top Bottom