• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

caliph95

Doesn't HxH sell a ton when it does decide to come out? I don't think a lot of mangakas would get Togashi's leeway.
Togashi got a good contract due to Yu Yu Hakuso which was one of the most successful manga they had and because his editors treated him like shit during the final arc

Morlas

Doesn't HxH sell a ton when it does decide to come out? I don't think a lot of mangakas would get Togashi's leeway.

that's true, but one piece is an unstoppable monster i mean doesn't it have the highest individual sales of any comic book outside of batman and superman?

Chase17

It goes One Piece>>>HxH>>Haikyuu>My Hero Academia

HxH only has maybe 1 volume a year where the others will have at least 4 so cumulatively One Piece sells more than the next thing by several million.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hey if Togashi didn't have all the breaks HxH might be even more popular than it already is.

Welcome to hell

hey man we can't always have good taste when it comes to everything for example i think the godfater is boring
If the anime wasn't paced like shit and if I actually liked Oda's character designs I'd be fine with it. There really is a reason why I haven't bothered with it. Granted I thought FMA was for kids and didn't like HxH art, which are two things I got over qickly, but there's just something about Oda's art that I can't see myself marathoning. I'll give it a go one day, just not anytime soon I guess.
Welcome

Don't get scared off most of us don't bite except jaded and man god
My troll level isn't anywhere near Man God's.

caliph95

Yeah no one should watch the anime

Reading is faster too but I don't blame you it's almost 900 chapters

I marathoned around 700 chapters took me like a week and I had a holiday and needed something since I was traveling
And you still have part 7 to read

Morlas

Welcome

Don't get scared off most of us don't bite except jaded and man god

Man God doesn't bite he slowly poisons you from the inside...until all you can do is post filler gifs

tumblr_lpsvzp4jJh1qdeduzo1_500.gif

Yeah no one should watch the anime

Reading is faster too but I don't blame you it's almost 900 chapters

I marathoned around 700 chapters took me like a week and I had a holiday and needed something since I was traveling
And you still have part 7 to read
The end of part 6 broke my fucking brain.
They really need to do a One Piece Kai at some point. Seems like the anime is horribly bloated passed a certain point.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The end of part 6 broke my fucking brain.
They really need to do a One Piece Kai at some point. Seems like the anime is horribly bloated passed a certain point.

I'm sure they'll do one after the series finally ends. So we'll all be dead by that point.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ya know, considering the movie states that the death note has been in the hands of others from other countries, why not make it new characters & Ryuk is all "I just got done watching this Japanese kid use it, he was pretty clever, makes me hope you'll be just as entertaining" or whatever. That way, you don't have people complaining about the changes made to established characters. Do a flat-out new story instead of just retelling the same one but worse/something to constantly to.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ya know, considering the movie states that the death note has been in the hands of others from other countries, why not make it new characters & Ryuk is all "I just got done watching this Japanese kid use it, he was pretty clever, makes me hope you'll be just as entertaining" or whatever. That way, you don't have people complaining about the changes made to established characters. Do a flat-out new story instead of just retelling the same one but worse/something to constantly to.
Anime Light pretty much killed every open criminal.

Tenumi

Banned

See, that would take originality, and we can't have that in the movie industry now, can we?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Plot twist: Death Parade is actually a sequel to Death Note & where everyone went when Light killed them.

https://soundcloud.com/toonamishowdown/showdown025

"We are feuding this week as we talk about Claire fighting hurricanes, our offscreen Dungeons and Dragons game, Frogger, Goemon the Slicer, whether Donkey Kong 64 is a bad video game, skipping jury duty, the American Death Note movie, tarantula holes, sticking video game cables in your ears, Mr. Troop Mom, and what happens when we die."

We recorded this last week but I waited till this week to edit/upload because of the marathon.

her voice is like the most fitting one.

she is a super bitch that has no redeeming qualities and that is how her voice likes to come off.

it's like the perfect english casting to me :p

Thing about her is she should be buying to into her own hype and have a really regal personality. I feel like her tone should've been more smug than anything else.

whether Donkey Kong 64 is a bad video game

Got to the final level of that game. The final level was timed, and you had to collect something to give yourself more time. I didn't collect a lot of whatever that was, and due to that just kept running out of time.

I usually beat most of the games I play, but that was one of the rare moments where I just said no, fuck this, and never finished it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My friend really loved DK 64, even got 110% or whatever the final score was (he actually needed my help to do the Donkey Kong and Jetpac challanges) and I thought it was a lot like the other Rare Platformers, technically amazing but too bloated for their own good.

The problem with DK 64 was you constantly had to switch characters to pick up anything.

You see those red bananas? No you can't pick them up as DK, go get Diddy you fuck!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i think someone can plausibly make a good collectathon someday

but they haven't yet so

Galaxy and Galaxy 2 and Super Mario 64 certainly qualify as both good and collectathon. I love N64 era Rare but nope, those titles never jelled with me. The closest in that design paradigm that I did like was Jet Force Gemini.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"What's that? You want to progress to the final boss? HAVE FUN BEATING EVERY LEVEL OF JETPAK & DONKEY KONG"

"You see that coin? TOO BAD, go back to the character selection pad that's tediously placed far away to switch characters to then return back to said coin"

DK64 is basically all the "collectathon" jokes made towards Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie realized. I tried replaying it a few years back considering I figured it'd never hit the VC, but it was just not fun having to constantly switch back & forth to then return to a specific spot. If they made it so you could switch them on the fly, maybe it would've been better.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tooie is honestly just as bad if not worse than DK 64 when it comes to the bloat, it just doesn't have the five character thing which is, admittedly, a huge ass problem. I get making character specific goals...but common pickups in plain sight?!?

zulux21

Thing about her is she should be buying to into her own hype and have a really regal personality. I feel like her tone should've been more smug than anything else.

she is pretty smug as well. she has a super bitch voice that talks like everyone is beneath her.

I mean, her voice is perfectly fine in english. her personality is super bitchy, her character is super bitchy, her voice is super bitchy.

still hoping she gets killed off in the manga sometime in a horrible kitchen accident. the only character that is even worse than her is
her father
(manga spoilers)
such a horrid character :/

Galaxy and Galaxy 2 and Super Mario 64 certainly qualify as both good and collectathon. I love N64 era Rare but nope, those titles never jelled with me. The closest in that design paradigm that I did like was Jet Force Gemini.

see, i don't really consider those collectathons though.

like, there are things to collect but they're broken out into specific paths designed for collecting one thing that actually matters for the most part. i think the closest 3-D mario ever gets is the blue coins in sunshine

I played and beat both Banjo-Kazooie games. (Yes, I do remember Nuts and Bolts.)

I know the second one isn't as well liked as the first, but honestly I wouldn't really consider one a timeless classic either. Getting around in those games takes forever, and everyone talks too much in that annoying gibberish that I never found amusing.

zulux21

Erina is a lot more tolerable in the current arc. It only took the manga to have a massive decline in quality for a while :p

eh.... not really. I mean
they made her more dare but she is still just a horrible cliche that doesn't really add anything to the series.

her
redemption arc in which I am including all the crap with her dad
was just a terrible arc in general and easily the low point of the series, at least the manga is back to being decently enjoyable to read but that is mostly because she isn't a focus anymore.

The series as a whole would be a lot better without her in general.
her gramps is cool at least, and the side family isn't bad as alice is alright.

My issue with Erina is the writer has been so obsessed with keeping her cooking ability mostly off-screen for too long . Either she's going to be absurdly OP or she's going to fail to live up to the hype

Moaradin

eh.... not really. I mean
they made her more dare but she is still just a horrible cliche that doesn't really add anything to the series.

her
redemption arc in which I am including all the crap with her dad
was just a terrible arc in general and easily the low point of the series, at least the manga is back to being decently enjoyable to read but that is mostly because she isn't a focus anymore.

The series as a whole would be a lot better without her in general.
her gramps is cool at least, and the side family isn't bad as alice is alright.

I said tolerable, not good.

Alice was always the better Nakiri anyways

zulux21

My issue with Erina is the writer has been so obsessed with keeping her cooking ability mostly off-screen for too long . Either she's going to be absurdly OP or she's going to fail to live up to the hype

my main issue is that it's painfully obvious that she is supposed to be the girl soma ends up with but basically any other female in the series is a better fit for him including the dorm mother :/

I said tolerable, not good.

Alice was always the better Nakiri anyways

fair enough, she at least is just there instead of being super bitch anymore.

but yeah alice is way better than her.

my main issue is that it's painfully obvious that she is supposed to be the girl soma ends up with but basically any other female in the series is a better fit for him including the dorm mother :/

fair enough, she at least is just there instead of being super bitch anymore.

but yeah alice is way better than her.

Well that's just unfair, Alice and Rindou are the God-tier Waifus of the series. :p

Top Bottom