• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
But do the people in iron chef clothes explode and orgasmed if no it's inferior

The original Iron Chef was great. One episode had a challenger guzzling wine instead of cooking with it and he started slapping the shit out of his Assistants.

ART IS AN EXPLOSION.

maxresdefault.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While I'm on a roll, we need a never re-aired second season to replace the second season of AoT.

That's right, we need the often requested SWORD ART ONLINE II.

Chase17

Looks like the final Naruto chapter is finally getting animated next week. Only took 20 something episodes into the sequel series to happen lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cowboy Bebop is not my favorite anime, but it's up there.

HOWEVER

It does have absolutely the best first episode of any series. If any of you youngins out there haven't seen it, stay up on Saturday to do so.

zulux21

Cowboy Bebop is not my favorite anime, but it's up there.

HOWEVER

It does have absolutely the best first episode of any series. If any of you youngins out there haven't seen it, stay up on Saturday to do so.

eh... it's decent but I think I prefer the first episode from the following series

Ouran Highschool host club
Black Lagoon (if I am recalling things correctly as I think the hitting a helicopter with a misled is the first episode)
Death Note (sucks me right in while bebop is more of a, that was nice)
Sword Art Online (say what you want about the series but the first episode has some nice hooks lol)
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (I think, the first episode is fuzzy but I recall loving this series right away)
Ore Monogatari!! (the main character makes you fall in love with him faster than spike because he is awesome)
Trigun (Vash > Spike)
Elfen Lied (hell if the rest of the series doesn't fall apart but the WTFs at the start grabbed my interest faster than bebop. bebop is a way better series overall though)
Moyashimon this video with bill nye should cover it :3
Ga-Rei: Zero (the first episode is something else)
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (the idea behind it was more exciting :p)
Kotoura-san (great first ep, medicore everything else)

I am sure there are others, but the first ep of bebop is one of my least favorite eps. which is saying a lot given it's a 26 ep series and it's still a solid series :p

cntr

Banned
Man, My Hero Academia has a weird shipping community...
Shippers are always shit, heh. Unfortunately, MHA picked up a lot of Naruto fans, so the general fanbase is pretty trash. Avoid them. (And it's especially silly with MHA, since the pairings are super-telegraphed.)

While everyone is discussing whether or not Netflix will do alright by The Magic School Bus, all I can think of is how Arnold went super hard in that one episode.
The Magic School Bus was a weird goddamn show.

The original Iron Chef was great. One episode had a challenger guzzling wine instead of cooking with it and he started slapping the shit out of his Assistants.
I watched a ton of episodes of the original Iron Chef when I needed something to watch while eating.

I remember when they introduced the new "progressive" Japanese Iron Chef, and had him fight a "traditional" chef. He put fucking cola into natto and cooked it.

zulux21

I'd say everything that has shipping has a weird shipping community. Someone is going to make some kind of ship that just seems odd.

I mean some shipping stuff is interesting.

I mean the star vs the forces of evil actually has a rather well done ship wars comic going on by one of the fans

http://moringmark.tumblr.com/post/153409664078/about-the-au (index)
http://moringmark.tumblr.com/post/153384123168/page-1-2-3-4-5-about-ship-war-au (page 1)

and it can make fun AMVs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg :p

most of the time the shipping community is horrid though lol.

cntr

Banned
given I don't create appeal for horrible people just because they are in a big breasted bimbo body does indeed mean I don't get her appeal, as she has absolutely no natural appeal :p
You really don't like the character, huh.

I'd say everything that has shipping has a weird shipping community. Someone is going to make some kind of ship that just seems odd.
Pretty much.

Pairings can be interesting, but shipping can never be not shit.

...I'd read a series about international cargo shipping.

I mean the star vs the forces of evil actually has a rather well done ship wars comic going on by one of the fans

http://moringmark.tumblr.com/post/153409664078/about-the-au (index)
http://moringmark.tumblr.com/post/153384123168/page-1-2-3-4-5-about-ship-war-au (page 1)

and it can make fun AMVs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg :p

most of the time the shipping community is horrid though lol.

I personally don't care about shipping and I've seen more bad than good. I can still see some good stuff coming out of it maybe... (mostly bad though)

It's just how obsessed some people get about fictional characters in fictional relationships that gets to me. How it can consume parts of some people's lives.

zulux21

You really don't like the character, huh.

Pretty much.

I really don't like any tsundare character that offers nothing more than a cliche (which is almost all of them in the last decade). Goes double when they are the character that is the main romantic interest for a main character or the big breasted bimbo for fan service.

she checks all of those boxes, so yeah no... don't like that character at all lol.

that being said she doesn't top my list of characters I hate.

that honor goes to Inami Mahiru from working.
and she doesn't even fit the big breasted bimbo role.

she is just a horrible character that basically any time she is on screen in the first few episodes should have been arrested for Battery. Her shit tier "comedy" reactions to men make Sanji's (one piece) girl reactions look like comedic gold. Oh sanji got a nose bleed from a pretty girl, best comedy ever compared to the working girl.

In general I liked the cast of working, I liked the setting of working, but her character was so terrible and I hated her so much that I had to stop watching the series because she kept shitting it up.

I personally don't care about shipping and I've seen more bad than good. I can still see some good stuff coming out of it maybe... (mostly bad though)

It's just how obsessed some people get about fictional characters in fictional relationships that gets to me. How it can consume parts of some people's lives.

heh I don't care to much. The only time I ever really "ship" is in cases where the character that it's obvious the writer wants the main character to go for is a crappy character like Erina or even rarer in cases where a the main female doesn't really do anything to earn the affection while the female who is doing everything right is just getting shafted see Re:zero.

I don't get mad at people if they like someone else though lol. and heck a lot of the shows I watch that are more of a harem setting I watch as background noise in dubbed format so I usually can't even tell you the characters names lol.

Food wars I watched in japanese but that one is one of the two shows I am watching for background noise right now, the other is Chihiyafaru.

cntr

Banned
People care about fictional characters, which I mean, is the entire point of most fiction. Mix that with a lot of teenagers and young adults who don't know anything about love, add in the internet's bias to push the craziest and most argumentative people to the surface, along with a sprinkle of "someone is wrong on the internet", and...

Plus, some series are pretty easy to fanfic. I know a bunch of Naruto fans, for example, and they like the series more because of what they imagine the characters doing rather what actually happened in the manga. Admittedly, none of them are the batshit kind of fan and think the manga's shit, but that's the kind of thing that can easily get out of hand.

zulux21

People care about fictional characters, which I mean, is the entire point of most fiction. Mix that with a lot of teenagers and young adults who don't know anything about love, add in the internet's bias to push the craziest and most argumentative people to the surface, along with a sprinkle of "someone is wrong on the internet", and...

Plus, some series are pretty easy to fanfic. I know a bunch of Naruto fans, for example, and they like the series more because of what they imagine the characters doing rather what actually happened in the manga. Admittedly, none of them are the batshit kind of fan and think the manga's shit, but that's the kind of thing that can easily get out of hand.

the naruto stuff is weird given that pretty much every pairing I know of was the logical paring.

same with bleach lol.

I still have the rest of the naruto series beyond what is released in english before I see the end stuff but I know most of the official pairings of that.

and I don't know much about bleach after episode 150-200 or so, but I read the last chapter because I was curious and that all seemed fine.

even if naruto had randomly ended up with sasuke as his lover at the end though it's not like it would have upset me, I would have just laughed :p

cntr

Banned
the naruto stuff is weird given that pretty much every pairing I know of was the logical paring.
Some of them were, but a lot of them were just random.

...and some of them, even if they were the obvious pairing, are pretty weird once you think about them. Like Sakura and Sasuke is just fucked up on every level.

...and some of them, even if they were the obvious pairing, are pretty weird once you thought about them. Like Sakura and Sasuke is just fucked up on every level.

Yeah,
Sakura and Sasuke's
relationship is messed up. Anybody with Sasuke is actually.

zulux21

...and some of them, even if they were the obvious pairing, are pretty weird once you thought about them. Like
Sakura and Sasuke
is just fucked up on every level.

I mean this is technically a spoiler :p

and I don't disagree, but at the same time it was still the logical pairing.
she was always going to end up with him as he was the only one she ever had eyes for :p

cntr

Banned
Yeah, Sakura and Sasuke's relationship is messed up. Anybody with Sasuke is actually.
It'd take a master writer to salvage that relationship.

...and then the motherfucker doubled on it in Naruto Gaiden. Like, jesus.

I mean this is technically a spoiler :p

and I don't disagree, but at the same time it was still the logical pairing.
she was always going to end up with him as he was the only one she ever had eyes for :p
nobody cares about naruto spoilers anymore lol

But yeah, it was going to happen either way.

zulux21

*hits a random bebop song on music playlist*

you know... Steve Conte really should come back and work on another anime series lol.

his work in bebop, wolf's rain, and ghost in the shell were all great.

I glossed over most of Naruto after Pain, but
that fucking forehead flick
in the finale still managed to piss me off. The most undeserved moment ever.

Along with Karin
still showing some affection for Sasuke after he put a Chidori through her chest
! Christ...

Morlas

whenever i'm bored and have nothing to do i browse fanfiction websites, and you know what blows my mind, Naruto has like 4 times as many stories on fanfiction.net compared to the next most popular one...what is it about naruto that makes it so popular to write about?

cntr

Banned
Naruto is the definition of wasted potential. There's so much stuff that never goes anywhere, or could've gone differently, that it's really easy to write fanfics about any part of it. (Plus, duh, shipping.)

I mean, we regularly talk about how Naruto could've been better and what we'd do to fix it. So regularly that someone complained about it last time, heh.

Naruto is the definition of wasted potential. There's so much stuff that never goes anywhere, or could've gone differently, that it's really easy to write fanfics about any part of it. (Plus, duh, shipping.)

I mean, we regularly talk about how Naruto could've been better and what we'd do to fix it. So regularly that someone complained about it last time, heh.

Wasn't that me? And now I've joined in the complaining lol

I really don't like any tsundare character that offers nothing more than a cliche (which is almost all of them in the last decade). Goes double when they are the character that is the main romantic interest for a main character or the big breasted bimbo for fan service.

This is why I prefer Yanderes. At least they don't send mixed messages; when they try to kill you they're actually serious.

zulux21

whenever i'm bored and have nothing to do i browse fanfiction websites, and you know what blows my mind, Naruto has like 4 times as many stories on fanfiction.net compared to the next most popular one...what is it about naruto that makes it so popular to write about?

I mean the only shows that clearly as popular as naruto is/was would likely be Dragon ball Z, Pokemon, and maybe FMA.

Dragon ball doesn't have many female characters so that doesn't help with fanfiction shipping, doesn't stop it just doesn't help.

pokemon deals with mostly 10-12 year olds... which also doesn't help but doesn't stop shipping

and FMA is pretty clear cut about who likes who and has plenty of other stuff to talk about.

Naruto on the other hand starts early on with shipping sasuke to all the girls in show (aside from hinata) and starts off shipping Naruto/Sasuke in what the first episode? the show was built for shipping and then the characters got a bit older and so did the fans so the ship wars took off :p

cntr

Banned
Probably helps that everybody's married in DBZ. ...which is kind of weird to think about, honestly. Pokemon did get into romance once and it was pretty well received, lol. The manga gets more into pairings and stuff, but nobody reads it. And FMA's really straight-forward with it, thank god.

Naruto, though, I'm pretty sure Kishimoto or his editors knew it got people riled up, and deliberately tried to make the romance "dramatic". Barf.

Morlas

hmmm i guess a series with wasted potential and an easy to follow structure would be fertile grounds for aspiring writers...i've see some weird pairings on that website though including
guy/orochimaru

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't know if I talked about it in here, but the anime-ish show I binged most recently was actually RWBY.

For a web series, it is surprisingly good. Hope season 5 doesn't disappoint.

cntr

Banned
I'm always indecisive on whether to watch that or not, heh. I guess I've already watched a lot of crap, couldn't be worse.

Maybe some day.

Top Bottom