• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

cntr

Banned
I mean they literally stop after volume 1 of each arc. There's Phantom Blood volume 1, then Battle Tendency volume 1. Whoever orders the stuff was probably confused. Granted they probably wouldn't have space for all volumes of PB+BT, and I admittedly didn't check the county system to see if they had the other volumes, but they didn't have Berserk in the system anyehere so an error like that wouldn't surprise me.
Oh.

That's....bizarre.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Toonami Showdown: She wanted the PS1/PC Frogger? That was 3D isometric, VERY different from the arcade classic. I remember that game being HARD later on because of all the moving platforms & the time limit, not to mention a stage that was a slippery slope in the freakin' dark. Those stages were the bane of my childhood.

Also damn, I never heard anyone defend DK64 to that level....well, anyone who actually went back & played it today.

& to add to the "good romance anime", Tsurezure Children has been great because it skips what would be the "filler" & just focuses on "those moments" that a couple would look back at & remember, plus it helps it's only 12 minutes per episode and it focuses on a variety of relationships because of how many characters there are, so you're bound to relate to one of them. Hell, there's the "super nerdy, yet puts himself down because he believes a girl would never be interested in him" guy that I...err, some viewers can relate to! Not to mention there's some great moments that're worth turning into gifs.

Meanwhile, I haven't been to my public library in years, but they had stuff like Highschool of the Dead, a few of the Rurouni Kenshin omnibuses, a few Trigun volumes, Cromartie High, Love Hina, some Akira volumes, FMA (which is how I read the entire series), Yotsuba&, & more. Even had some anime dvds like the entirety of Azumanga Daioh.

Crocodile

Still continues to be pretty good. New characters are already more fun and interesting than the original cast, and it's a big step up on a direction and animation level. I don't even think Gaiden is bad. It's pretty funny and Sarada is a likable character. Plus, it gave us shit like this.

1vfswk.jpg

Still continues to be pretty good. New characters are already more fun and interesting than the original cast, and it's a big step up on a direction and animation level. I don't even think Gaiden is bad. It's pretty funny and Sarada is a likable character. Plus, it gave us shit like this.
Well shit...
On the topic of shipping I do like to ship as long as it makes sense. Currently shipping Chloe with Nadine from Lost Legacy.

So...we've put it off long enough.

As a community, it's time we ask ourselves a hard question. A question most communities try to dodge...

250px-Super_mario_sunshine.jpg

Is Super Mario Sunshine any good?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So...we've put it off long enough.

As a community, it's time we ask ourselves a hard question. A question most communities try to dodge...

250px-Super_mario_sunshine.jpg

Is Super Mario Sunshine any good?
Is it any good? Sure, it's got its good parts.

There's a lot of not very good in it too, though.

Sunshine is good from what I remember. Not great, but good. Definitely my least favorite 3D Mario personally.

Reminds me of how I was able to get it for about $5 or $6 at a Vintage Stock along with a $3 copy of Path of Radiance a few years ago (they didn't have cases though...). I still regret seeing a copy of Skies of Arcadia: Legend for about $60-65 at another VS and not getting it since I haven't found a copy since that isn't high price internet.

Top Bottom