• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

So my supervisor asked me today if I want to be part of the Emergency Staff on my Campus if Tallahassee ends up getting messed up by Irma.

Definitely had no issues with that. Rather potentially be at work with power than sitting at home.

caliph95

I can't wait to laugh and feel like shit

original

Jaden Smith is now in an anime.

Considering After Earth was his last film, anime might be a step up for him.

He's actually probably a really nice kid. It's just After Earth is one of the dumbest films I've ever seen.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just started watching Bojack Horseman. Five episodes in.
Bojack is a terrible person, but that was pretty clear.

zulux21

i'm really annoyed i have to wait over a month for destiny 2 to come out on pc

I don't care, I was waiting for it to hit sub 30 anyways lol.

I am just happy I can eventually get it on PC since it looks fun enough. never got to play destiny 1 since it was never on PC.

The more updates I hear about Irma, the more I think that I won't even have power for Toonami on Saturday night. If I'm lucky, I might catch a bit of Super.

Fuck.

Xe4

Banned
I can't remember if I said it in this thread, but ya'll in Florida and the southeast US stay safe : )

Irma is freaking nuts, we haven't seen a storm of this magnitude for a damn long while. At least since Rita/Wilma, as far as the US is concerned.

cntr

Banned
And every model projects a path right through Central Florida. The whole state's going to be hit by hurricane-force winds.

zulux21

I can't remember if I said it in this thread, but ya'll in Florida and the southeast US stay safe : )

Irma is freaking nuts, we haven't seen a storm of this magnitude for a damn long while. At least since Rita/Wilma, as far as the US is concerned.

no.... the US has never seen a storm of this magnitude.

Irma has the record for the longest time at 185 MPH + winds

I believe it has set the record for consecutive hours at cat 5.

and it's not dying the way it is supposed to. it's holding stronger than it should and has a decent chance of building up again before it hits florida :/

And every model projects a path right through Central Florida. The whole state's going to be hit by hurricane-force winds.

it still has more time to shift, and has been shifting west, but that doesn't mean much. the strongest part of the storm is the north east part, so moving a bit more west just means the strongest part of the storm will be over more of florida.

Xe4

Banned
no.... the US has never seen a storm of this magnitude.

Irma has the record for the longest time at 185 MPH + winds

I believe it has set the record for consecutive hours at cat 5.

and it's not dying the way it is supposed to. it's holding stronger than it should and has a decent chance of building up again before it hits florida :/

it still has more time to shift, and has been shifting west, but that doesn't mean much. the strongest part of the storm is the north east part, so moving a bit more west just means the strongest part of the storm will be over more of florida.
Depends what is meant by magnitude. There are lots of ways to measure magnitude (most commonly peak sustained wind speed), and it may just be that it drops to category 4 before it hits Florida (hopefully). Or not. It's not clear yet because Hurricanes are hard AF to predict.

Either way it looks not great.

Toonami Showdown: She wanted the PS1/PC Frogger? That was 3D isometric, VERY different from the arcade classic. I remember that game being HARD later on because of all the moving platforms & the time limit, not to mention a stage that was a slippery slope in the freakin' dark. Those stages were the bane of my childhood.

Also damn, I never heard anyone defend DK64 to that level....well, anyone who actually went back & played it today.

& to add to the "good romance anime", Tsurezure Children has been great because it skips what would be the "filler" & just focuses on "those moments" that a couple would look back at & remember, plus it helps it's only 12 minutes per episode and it focuses on a variety of relationships because of how many characters there are, so you're bound to relate to one of them. Hell, there's the "super nerdy, yet puts himself down because he believes a girl would never be interested in him" guy that I...err, some viewers can relate to! Not to mention there's some great moments that're worth turning into gifs.

Meanwhile, I haven't been to my public library in years, but they had stuff like Highschool of the Dead, a few of the Rurouni Kenshin omnibuses, a few Trigun volumes, Cromartie High, Love Hina, some Akira volumes, FMA (which is how I read the entire series), Yotsuba&, & more. Even had some anime dvds like the entirety of Azumanga Daioh.

I think she was downloading a phone version? Though now I'm not sure.

I work in a library now and we've got a pretty decent manga selection and a little bit of anime, though the only anime that seems to go out is when kids get Pokemon DVDs or Dragon Ball Z.

showdown stuff:

dnd, tarantulas, and hurricanes are very relevant to this podcast

Those were um certainly all featured on the block

At some point

In the future

Maybe

Thanks for the support, guys. I'm gonna be hunkering down with my folks during the weekend.
We're fully prepared with enough food, water, gas, and two generators. Their house is more secure than Fort Knox.

Ray Down

Banned
Thanks for the support, guys. I'm gonna be hunkering down with my folks during the weekend.
We're fully prepared with enough food, water, gas, and two generators. Their house is more secure than Fort Knox.

You got to live, Imperial.

How is the OP thread supposed to survive without its first mate?

Stay Safe.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, just to the local evec order so I will be retreating to hopefully safer grounds so not going to be here for Toonami.

cntr

Banned
The Yamato from the 2199 version of Space Battleship Yamato is pretty cool; that series has some cool-ass designs.
I guess I'm indirectly praising WW2 warship design here.

I haven't watched it (until tomorrow), but the ship from Cowboy Bebop looks pretty neat. And I like the crazy-ass 90s designs in Outlaw Star. I'm sure I'm forgetting some other ships.

my favorite ships are the well-written ones that the mangaka intends and puts into their story
it's always a bit silly to advocate a pairing you know won't happen tbh

Top Bottom