• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Chase17

200w.webp

Chase17

I am dying so hard at this tweet.

Yo Chase, your giphy is not loading up.
Guess I should check my email to see if I got into
"Thank you for your interest"
welp

Hmm gif is working on my end. It's just of the Fuzzy Pickles earthbound guy zooming away.

gimme a my hero academia fighter

....or at least put them into the next shonen jump crossover
A SJ smash bros like game would be fun (like the ds one). Or any cross over game that is more ascetically pleasing than J-Stars lol.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Project Octopath Traveler is basically a modern Live a Live.
Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 look amazing.
Surprised at Doom and Wolfenstein II. Nazi killing on the go.
Lyn is da bes. I do wonder if we'll get any characters from Gaiden/Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Mystery of the Emblem, Geneology of the Holy War, Thracia 776, or Binding Blade

I was not expecting Smash so no disappointment there.
I was disappointed at the lack of PlatinumGames. Why were you retweeting Kamiya? Because of the Arcade Archives?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The Funimation App works pretty well. I like the options like being able to choose the uncut version of Yu Yu Hakusho.

Anyone know what version of Yu Yu Hakusho they're showing as its pretty clean looking.

I'm pretty certain they're showing the HD version.

I don't know about you, but I noticed the app worked a bit more fluid for me when I set the video quality to medium. Still looks pretty sharp, and no buffering.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's the Blu Ray version with the better dub. They almost always put the latest version of whatever up. I can't remember if they bothered to do that with FMA and FMA:B before they pulled it but I think they did.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Helps that when a lot of Anime Localizers like ADV Films and Bandai went bankrupt a decade ago, Funimation ended up scavenging their remains. :p

Yep, they got almost all of the great stuff and most of the rest of it they did themselves early last decade.

Funimation Now is the best deal in streaming as far as I'm concerned. The only two services I've never quit since signing up even when I want to save money are that and Netflix.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahahaha, perfect.

Helps that when a lot of Anime Localizers like ADV Films and Bandai went bankrupt a decade ago, Funimation ended up scavenging their remains. :p
There's only a few that they didn't get. Azumanga Daioh was picked up by Sentai, Cromartie High is now licensed by Discotek, Gurren Lagann went back to Aniplex, etc. but yeah, Funimation seemed to rescue a lot of stuff that's in licensing limbo like Nichijou, which took quite a few years to hit blu-ray in the US since Bandai closed down before they got a chance to release it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yeah the dub for YYH is pretty good though its been so long since I watched it on afternoon Toonami.

cntr

Banned
Title change time.
Beware Our Dubious Sexuality.

How's Shaman King

Or should I just watch Big O
The Big O, easily. It's one of my favorite shows.

They're saving it as the incentive to buy a Game Boy Advance Classic.
You know, I could totally see them do this, especially the way they used Earthbound Beginnings for something similar.

Octopatch Traveler is my aesthetic.

HD-2D is the future
Holy shit. That looks so good.

I was disappointed at the lack of PlatinumGames. Why were you retweeting Kamiya? Because of the Arcade Archives?
I think Platinum's still regrouping from Scalebound being cancelled, so I wouldn't expect any new announcements just yet.

zulux21

Yep, they got almost all of the great stuff and most of the rest of it they did themselves early last decade.

Funimation Now is the best deal in streaming as far as I'm concerned. The only two services I've never quit since signing up even when I want to save money are that and Netflix.

If you liked dubbed it's the best deal.

if you want both VRV might be the best deal.
though it's still missing a few select series from funimation (for example I still don't think VRV has dubbed one piece)

Top Bottom