• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

It's not just collectibles. As far as roleplaying toys and such goes, aside from collectibles, Go-Busters had as many as other shows. However, the individual pieces just didn't sell well.

The Go-Buster Ace itself, for example, sold significantly worse than the main robots of other shows, and that was actually one of the best selling parts of the Go-Busters toyline. It's clear that the transformation gimmick for the robots just didn't sell as well as the usual "multiple components with combination" package for the main robot. (The Go-Buster Ace was sold by itself, with the two other robots in a separate package, rather than the usual "all components in one set").

The gadgets and such likely were killed by the existence of cheap smartphones, even in the hands of children, making the toys seem bulky and outdated.

Ratings-wise, it did slightly worse with children than Kyoryuger, but the difference wasn't big. So, the culprit is mainly the toys designs themselves.

hmmm wonder if dairanger mecha was sold separately.

its a shame that it didn't do well though, most sentai mecha are just soo boring, design wise and transformation wise. kyoryuger was pretty much just the t-rex turned sideways with other dinosaurs plugged in as arms.

On a side note, how do parents afford all this stuff? I remember having to beg like a crazy person to get the folks to get me the zeo megazord for my b-day eons ago and that was like... $20-30.

hmmm wonder if dairanger mecha was sold separately.

It was in both the US and Japan. RyuseiOh and Red Dragon were sold solo at first. I remember how excited I was to get red dragon as a kid and now as an adult I own Ryuseioh. Later on they released bigger packs of DairenOh/Thunder Megazord here and there, and I know in Japan they had a KibaDaiOh set with Ryuseioh but I don't remember if they did here. Busters pretty much pulled a Dairanger with the mechs big time.

They used to do bigger and bigger sets with all the parts in one more often. They don't as much anymore. I guess that's because there's so much more to the robo lines now the full packages would end up being $500+ and that's insane.

It was in both the US and Japan. RyuseiOh and Red Dragon were sold solo at first. I remember how excited I was to get red dragon as a kid and now as an adult I own Ryuseioh. Later on they released bigger packs of DairenOh/Thunder Megazord here and there, and I know in Japan they had a KibaDaiOh set with Ryuseioh but I don't remember if they did here. Busters pretty much pulled a Dairanger with the mechs big time.

They used to do bigger and bigger sets with all the parts in one more often. They don't as much anymore. I guess that's because there's so much more to the robo lines now the full packages would end up being $500+ and that's insane.

I remember seeing the samurai gigazord whole set at TRU for about $130 a while back.

yeah, wish there were more megazords where its a core mecha wearing zords as armor.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger #1

spongebob_imagination.png

This is going to be a gag series isn't it?
The suits don't look too bad now, and I love the designs of the Crows. But man the Megazord still looks lame.

toq oh controls are actually surprisingly detailed. sure its modeled after a train control panel, but sentai mechas tend to be just controlled by a single joystick, 'kinect controls' or a streering wheel with the rare exception like gobusters which had a full detailed cockpit.

Slayven

toq oh controls are actually surprisingly detailed. sure its modeled after a train control panel, but sentai mechas tend to be just controlled by a single joystick, 'kinect controls' or a streering wheel with the rare exception like gobusters which had a full detailed cockpit.

If I hit the powerball I will commission a fullsize reproduction of the Go Buster's cockpit for my videogame womb.

This was done because they were off working on a spinoff that never got off the ground, I don't know if you knew that.

I do remember reading something like that, yeah. It's just kinda a goofy way of dealing with that absence and I don't know if it works.

Not really any worse than having to come up with like seven different ways to incapacitate Tommy every time Jason Frank wanted to go back to America in Dino Thunder I suppose.

WillyFive

i3YnflbC8p3fX.gif

ToQger is a lot more like Den-O than people would even joke about. Sure, it's the same writer, but dang; this could practically be set in the same universe. Either way, you can tell how much love into trains that went into this show by part of the filmmakers and creative team. However, the toys themselves are very lacking in quality to be expected for something meant for the true train fan. The ending theme was very interesting too; I love the idea of showcasing local trains, and it's surprising how short it is. It also plays the preview for the next episode during the song, just like Shinkenger, which was nice.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's a longer PV of Battride War II on the official website.

Basically shows off various cutscenes of the "Movie Levels", including Paradise Lost (the part where Faiz appears and does that awesome Rider Kick on the Riotroopers) and, uh, the Hibiki Movie.

Actual gameplay's pretty short though, we see a bit of Fourze Fusion, and some of Gaim.

There's a longer PV of Battride War II on the official website.

Basically shows off various cutscenes of the "Movie Levels", including Paradise Lost (the part where Faiz appears and does that awesome Rider Kick on the Riotroopers) and, uh, the Hibiki Movie.

Actual gameplay's pretty short though, we see a bit of Fourze Fusion, and some of Gaim.
If you look in Gaim's vizor in the beginning of the PV, Caucasus, Ryuga, Sorceror and (apparently) G4 are in the reflection.

FINAL ATTACK RAIDO - GEKIJOBAN!

vareon

Now let me talk about ToQ.

- Really liked the theme--a much more innocent version of Akibaranger's delusion, somewhat. It's really something I'd probably go crazy about if I'm a kid now. Each of the cast seems to have their own versions of imagination, like red's everything I say becomes it and pink's I'm strong. Interested in seeing blue's since he's the most scientific, fact-based guy of the bunch.
- Can't say anything about the other cast, they're just there.
- Suits and robo remains the worst thing in this one. That said...
- Enemy designs are damn awesome. Probably my favorite sentai villain designs.
- Fights are so-so. Color change is pointless, but they know that so maybe there's a surprise coming later.

Overall, liked it more than I thought, but not surprised at all.

LostAnkh

http://www.b-boys.jp/gaim/products/ls_pb01/

Bandai has another DX Lockseed & Faceplate set!

"Kurokage and Knuckle set" - I honestly thought the picture from a FB page I follow, looked like it was photoshop'd. But it's the real deal, and I'm gonna have to fork over my munniez now.

As a part of the deal, if you get the previous P-Bandai DX LS set OR this set, they'll throw in a DX Sid Lockseed. I'm just wondering what sounds it'll have, considering it was just a prop for the show at this point.

EDIT:No confirmation if the set is P-Bandai or not from the looks of it, but Sid LS is P-Bandai.

so has the produce industry taken advantage of gaim?

like some editions of the bible have some tag of 'as seen in hollywood movie ____' or something

Slayven

http://www.b-boys.jp/gaim/products/ls_pb01/

Bandai has another DX Lockseed & Faceplate set!

"Kurokage and Knuckle set" - I honestly thought the picture from a FB page I follow, looked like it was photoshop'd. But it's the real deal, and I'm gonna have to fork over my munniez now.

As a part of the deal, if you get the previous P-Bandai DX LS set OR this set, they'll throw in a DX Sid Lockseed. I'm just wondering what sounds it'll have, considering it was just a prop for the show at this point.

EDIT:No confirmation if the set is P-Bandai or not from the looks of it, but Sid LS is P-Bandai.
What does the Sid lock say?

*looks over comments and other forums* Wow, people are losing their shit. Good lord.

It's a waste of screen time and just pulled out of nowhere. It basically says "we're not going to bother working around the Sentai footage to actually make this a Power Rangers show. Here's some new alien Rangers because whatever."

Top Bottom