• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

NeonZ

It's a waste of screen time and just pulled out of nowhere. It basically says "we're not going to bother working around the Sentai footage to actually make this a Power Rangers show. Here's some new alien Rangers because whatever."

I think Dairanger will be the only extras. They had appeared in a promo video for the show before, in a scene focused exclusively on them, and Bandai had even shown American made keys for them. None of the other Sentai teams had been shown in marketing material (outside of some stock footage Legend War background shots).

They the time to alter/reshoot footage for the Gosei suit, yet kept this despite having a plethora of other episode footage to take from.

It's amazing, we're finally getting Dairanger after all these years, yet we're now skipping Go-Busters.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Give me that Ryuranger figuart for cheap

TaMehEW.jpg

What's going on in this image?

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
We could only wish we could get anything as good as Day/Time of the Doctor for Power Rangers.
We can only expect anything as brain-damaging as Timelash, Time and the Rani, Fear Her, Dimensions in Time or that Sontaran skit with that-child-molester-who-is-the-BBC's-personal-Chris-Benoit-and-thus-will-be-never-mentionned-by-name-ever-again for Power Rangers.

---

Scuttlebutt from Fury Diamond has it the "Dairangers" now exist because of behind-the-scenes shenanigans at Saban, for they originally weren't supposed to exist:

I'm surprised to see the Dairanger and personally apologize for the "No Dairanger" leak months ago. This is one of many rewrites that occurred during the production team changes. If they include Dairanger, we can expect a lot more translation in the upcoming episodes.

Dairanger wasn't originally included due but it seems that the focus is on sentai footage rather than story.

This is gonna be even uglier than Decade's own troubled production.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
We can only expect anything as brain-damaging as Timelash, Time and the Rani, Fear Her, Dimensions in Time or that Sontaran skit with that-child-molester-who-is-the-BBC's-personal-Chris-Benoit-and-thus-will-be-never-mentionned-by-name-ever-again for Power Rangers.

---

Scuttlebutt from Fury Diamond has it the "Dairangers" now exist because of behind-the-scenes shenanigans at Saban, for they originally weren't supposed to exist:

I don't understand.

tbh super megaforce being a troubled production makes me actually interested now in the show lol.

watch half the cast 'head off to peace conference'

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Is that guy saying that they once cared but then stopped giving a shit? I don't believe that since I don't think they ever gave a shit.

Is that guy saying that they once cared but then stopped giving a shit? I don't believe that since I don't think they ever gave a shit.

well... samurai/super samurai felt like they cared a bit with the exclusive suits and different morphers.

megaforce they gave no fuck that cards say goseiger on them or some megazord names aren't the same as the cards.

It would probably cost them barely anything to fix some of that stuff in post.

another clip from the eps... spoilers to how they get SPD legendary thing lolol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b_NrSu3Tt0k

WillyFive

well... samurai/super samurai felt like they cared a bit with the exclusive suits and different morphers.

That was Bandai of America wanting a different design for the Shinkenger suits so that they are cooler action figures. Saban having them be Zord-only in the show just shows how little they cared especially considering how Wild Force and Time Force had a ton of original fights.

BatDan

There were assorted Sentai insignia on folders and things around the headquarters in Dino Thunder.

Fascinating.
Kind of weird they would have all that on the set. Maybe Disney was planning something?

Did they always talk so damn much? Only time I really remember them talking too much to the point it was awkward was here http://youtu.be/C1UtsY0uZVk?t=10s

There's definitely been a noticeable increase in lull destruction. I really hate that idea that if you don't have something talking every second, kids would get bored. I thought we abolished that concept when 4Kids lost the One Piece license.

Thinking about it... the sudden appearance of the Dairanger costumes really is horribly lazy. Especially for how out of nowhere it is.
I wish there was a way we could let Saban know that fans aren't satisfied. But they completely avoid social networks.

Fascinating.
Kind of weird they would have all that on the set. Maybe Disney was planning something?

I'd think it was just a cheeky wink to the fans. It was shown in Dino Thunder that Tommy monitored and chronicled Power Ranger activity, so I imagine the production staff just threw those in there as a wink and nudge sorta thing.

That was Bandai of America wanting a different design for the Shinkenger suits so that they are cooler action figures. Saban having them be Zord-only in the show just shows how little they cared especially considering how Wild Force and Time Force had a ton of original fights.

A bit I say!

They did have some story reason and shogun mode was used out of mega zord in the finale.

They cared... A teeny bit.

A shame, shinkenger was a good show but the fight choreography was mediocre and the sword effects and sounds were just off.

Did megaforce have any original filmed fights in suit?

LostAnkh

A bit I say!

They did have some story reason and shogun mode was used out of mega zord in the finale.

They cared... A teeny bit.

A shame, shinkenger was a good show but the fight choreography was mediocre and the sword effects and sounds were just off.

Did megaforce have any original filmed fights in suit?
Every time I think about Shinkenger sound effects, I think of those little pop rocks you buy at festivals.

NeonZ

I really think he's just trying to save face. There was a Super Megaforce promo with a scene focused on the Dairanger, and even an American Dairanger key had been seen in one of the toy expos. That's why he gave that first statement in the first place about them not being included, according to his sources. However, we ended up getting them anyway, and now he comes with an excuse about production changes? The fact that we had seen the Dairangers both in promos and merchandising contradicts his new narrative. It clearly isn't a new development.

Tenumi

Banned

I really think he's just trying to save face. There was a Super Megaforce promo with a scene focused on the Dairanger, and even an American Dairanger key had been seen in one of the toy expos. That's why he gave that first statement in the first place about them not being included, according to his sources. However, we ended up getting them anyway, and now he comes with an excuse about production changes? The fact that we had seen the Dairangers both in promos and merchandising contradicts his new narrative. It clearly isn't a new development.

Personally, I've never really put stock into that guy's supposed "backstage" knowledge. Sure, I'd bet he has some sort of connection to someone. But he's never going to get the full story.

As for Super Megaforce, I wish I hadn't spoiled that surprise for myself. But hey, I enjoy the show, so whatever. More fun for me.

BatDan

Super Megaforce 2

A lot of original footage in this one. It wasn't too bad.

On the other hand... Dairanger suits. No context at all. The fandom explosions will be nuclear if they already aren't.

Tenumi

Banned
Super Megaforce 2

On the other hand... Dairanger suits. No context at all. The fandom explosions will be nuclear if they already aren't.

Yeah... I was really hoping for context. Perhaps they'll show up again with some explanation. Or perhaps not.

jwk94

Super Megaforce 2

The original footage was really good in this episode

when you think about it, super megaforce makes zero sense in terms of lore wise of how at the very least zordon era pr where every future season's tech and power level is suppose to be far superior to the last.

NeonZ

when you think about it, super megaforce makes zero sense in terms of lore wise of how at the very least zordon era pr where every future season's tech and power level is suppose to be far superior to the last.

That's only really true for the Zords and the transition to Zeo. Zeo is stronger than MMPR, but there isn't any statement regarding Turbo being better than Zeo or Space better than Turbo (yet again, aside from their Zords).

That's only really true for the Zords and the transition to Zeo. Zeo is stronger than MMPR, but there isn't any statement regarding Turbo being better than Zeo or Space better than Turbo (yet again, aside from their Zords).

i do feel like the turbo movie explained that they need new better stuff to take on pirate queen.

to be fair, gokaiger is also suppose to be the strongest sentai team I believe so there really weren't a need to get all the powers... i think. They didn't really had much use for them until the 2nd last eps to take out the armada.

Don't recall gokaiger ever finishing off motw with legendary ranger finisher.

Super Megaforce 02 was actually pretty decent apart from the Dairanger mess. Nice unmorphed fight, kept the verbal diarrhea to a minimum apart from when they were using the Power Rangers New Powers keys, and I don't mind the Legendary Zords basically being "hey you mastered those keys or whatever, now you can summon the Zord that represents that set". It works.

The Dairanger thing is proper crap though. If they'd filmed a new fight for that bit, or inserted a Gokai Change from another episode that fit the location or whatever it'dve been a perfectly serviceable episode.

i do feel like the turbo movie explained that they need new better stuff to take on pirate queen.

I think it was more that they needed the Turbo powers to use the ship and cross the sea or... something. Who knows. Turbo movie was a big pile of nothing.

No Tanya, they're extraordinary cars.

bringing back flashbacks lol.

The movie is one of the rare cases where there is original megazord fight footage in power rangers though, with brand new combination footage (and i think new really detailed car modes o_O).

Does Saban/disney not usually have access to megazord suits? I'm pretty sure destruction of the thundermegazords were US footage... maybe they don't have a minature city set to use?

So I just watched Scavenger Hunt from MMPR S2, and boy this episode sucked. Tommy, Kim, and Adam spend half the episode trying to solve a riddle anyone else could've solved instantly. The putties steal a bag full of stuff for the scavenger hunt, and then proceed to only make a monster out of Billy's cousin's cannon. Cannontop, for being such a deadshot, misses twice and is blown up by the Power Blaster (instead of the shiny new Power Cannon). They make up this deal about Cannontop being able to send the Rangers to the Lost Dimension that winds up going nowhere and is ultimately unneeded. Then they decide to use the Thunder Ultrazord...and wind up forming the Megatigerzord instead. What a disappointment.

Anyway, onto Disc 5.

NeonZ

Does Saban/disney not usually have access to megazord suits? I'm pretty sure destruction of the thundermegazords were US footage... maybe they don't have a minature city set to use?

There was actually some American Thunderzord footage in the begginning of season 2. They didn't seem to have sets though, that's right. The few American shots always were "looking up" to the Zords or monsters. without showing the ground.

They made a city set close to the ending of season 3, which had Rita and Zedd walking around as giants when the Power Rangers were transformed in children, but I don't think they ever used it for giant monster battles.

NeonZ

New trailer for Heisei vs Showa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Xi6UnbNno

Zangetsu Shin and Ryugen are in the movie too. Meanwhile, Haruto still is just the same stock footage. Black and Black RX seem to have replacement voice actors. In the scene with the Sentai, Heisei Riders can be seen fighting alongside the Showa ones against Badan, like one would expect. Narutaki talks during the trailer, but he isn't shown.

There was actually some American Thunderzord footage in the begginning of season 2. They didn't seem to have sets though, that's right. The few American shots always were "looking up" to the Zords or monsters. without showing the ground.

They made a city set new the ending of season 3, which had Rita and Zedd walking around as giants when the Power Rangers were transformed in children, but I don't think they ever used it for giant monster battles.
ah, well i did enjoy those shots. gave the massive scale feel.

forgot to record super megaforce, does it go up on nick.com or hulu or w/e on a timely fashion?

Slayven

New trailer for Heisei vs Showa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Xi6UnbNno

Zangetsu Shin and Ryugen are in the movie too. Meanwhile, Haruto still is just the same stock footage. Black and Black RX seem to have replacement voice actors. In the scene with the Sentai, Heisei Riders can be seen fighting alongside the Showa ones against Badan, like one would expect. Narutaki talks during the trailer, but he isn't shown.

Why does Gaim have so many jackets talking about doing his club mate? And Stronger vs Kabuto? Too bad they can't talk, the clash of egos would be battle enough.

ReiGun

The Power Rangers faced some of their biggest failures under Tommy's leadership. They got turned into fucking children under him.

Though I don't know if anyone dropped the ball than TJ. Brah got demoted to Blue, he fucked up so bad.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The Power Rangers faced some of their biggest failures under Tommy's leadership. They got turned into fucking children under him.

Though I don't know if anyone dropped the ball than TJ. Brah got demoted to Blue, he fucked up so bad.

tj got fucked with the kid and no legacy behind him. tommy handed him a L. the rest of his crew was solid and fine.

Top Bottom