• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

ReiGun

and the pansy astros was the leader lol. His insuit voice is soo bad.
Andross was the worst of the early reds. Easy. He's so lucky he got handed a good team.

tj got fucked with the kid and no legacy behind him. tommy handed him a L. the rest of his crew was solid and fine.

This is true. Dude even had a top tier Pink. He also couldn't have guessed that Divatox of all villains would have actually ended up posing a threat.

Speaking of which, I am drinking mango juice.

Duke is Ryouma right?

tj got fucked with the kid and no legacy behind him. tommy handed him a L. the rest of his crew was solid and fine.

Brother knew he got bodied.

In Turbo
220px-Theodorejohnson.jpg

And in Space:
6265c58a-972c-4670-96fd-510351e162f5.jpg

TJ Forever.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
He also mentioned in Forever Red how he replaced Tommy. Which isn't much since Tommy keeps coming back like the herp

cant wait to see him as dino charge silver. he can steal the limelight from another damn red. hes real good at that

Parallax

Conner fought tooth and nail to get some shine, but he didn't stand a chance between Tommy and Trent.

connor got outshone by his yellow and blue. another victim of the tommy red destroyer virus

which is a shame, because he had all the good aspects of a good red ranger. it would be like if tommy and kat were rpm gold and silver and completely pushed scott and the rest of team rpm back to the background

ReiGun

connor got outshone by his yellow and blue. another victim of the tommy red destroyer virus

which is a shame, because he had all the good aspects of a good red ranger. it would be like if tommy and kat were rpm gold and silver and completely pushed scott and the rest of team rpm back to the background
Didn't they have an episode where Conner actually questions what he brings to the team or am I remembering wrong? Cause if so....damn.

He certainly doesn't have the brains to rule Lylat.

Please don't punch me over making fun of that typo there.
Curse that extra s!

Conner got plenty. With Triassic and a Battlizer on top of the team's Super Dino mode, dude had forms for days.
He needed all that just to keep up and got some spotlight on himself.

Parallax

Conner got plenty. With Triassic and a Battlizer on top of the team's Super Dino mode, dude had forms for days.

all the powerups in the world didnt matter. he was always seen as tommys number two. like a slightly more successful rocky. which is a shame

ReiGun

all the powerups in the world didnt matter. he was always seen as tommys number two. like a slightly more successful rocky. which is a shame

Was Rocky really ever number two though?

I always felt like Billy and Kimberley outranked him when joined, and in Zeo, Adam and Kat felt like the Tommy's right hands. Hell, dude got injured and they replaced him with a ten year old.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Why does Gaim have so many jackets talking about doing his club mate? And Stronger vs Kabuto? Too bad they can't talk, the clash of egos would be battle enough.

Doarat's a real brand apparently (it's in the credits as a sponsor), and also costs like tons of money I hear...

I actually really love Kouta's outfits...they're pretty easy to (cheaply) replicate, he's probably the closest Rider I can relate to in terms of clothing and looks. Part of why I like him/

Why does everyone think Dino Silver will be a Legendary Ranger?

Saban doesn't seem to be the most creative of production houses and they're certainly not looking to tread new ground in any bold way if Samurai and MegaForce are any indication. There's no sense of any creative direction outside of the bare minimum needed to bring each concept to an American audience.

That leaves two options:

1) They'll do Torin wholesale, perhaps with a different name
2) They will flog the original Power Rangers, what with the dinosaur angle. Since Tommy is the barnacle who'll never wash off, he's the best option for Silver.

We're a long way from Judd Lynn or even Disney's last-ditch RPM effort.

ReiGun

I'd love for them to do an offbeat reference to MMPR and have Silver be a woman in civilian form but have a clearly male uniform upon changing.

Rajack

Gaim 19

How the hell does this show keep topping itself!? Amazing episode today and next week's looks even better than this one. Yet I wonder how its doing in ratings because its not goofy or funny at all right now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gaim 19

How the hell does this show keep topping itself!? Amazing episode today and next week's looks even better than this one. Yet I wonder how its doing in ratings because its not goofy or funny at all right now.

Last I heard it's not doing great in the ratings, but that doesn't matter, because it's doing SUPER good in toy sales. Like, straight up crushing it. Which is the real metric by which a Rider series is considered successful or not.

NeonZ

And Stronger vs Kabuto? Too bad they can't talk, the clash of egos would be battle enough.

Black and Black RX were talking in the trailer even though they obviously don't have their original voice. I wouldn't rule out some dialogue there. It's a shame that Kabuto's original actor won't return anytime soon, and his e excellent replacement voice actor from the games died. Stronger already has a good replacement voice at least, if they bother bringing the same replacement VAs back, rather than just throwing in random people to voice them.

super megaforce 2 is on hulu. Like the original fight footage, real curious if they can keep it up for each eps (they won't/can't). Was surprised that they don't use megaforce stock footage henshin, samurai wasn't shy with multiple stock footage combos...

Also found it hilarious that they were destroying the mooks fine unmorphed, but where all of sudden getting womped when they went megaforce.

baltmatrix did a review for toq-oh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raDaKza1-k8

Seems like its gonna have all kinds of auxiliary zords.

ToQ Changer sound list

#1 Red Ressha
#2 Blue Ressha
#3 Yellow Ressa
#4 Green Ressha
#5 Pink Ressha
#6 Tank Ressha
#7 Car Carrier Ressha
#8 Diesel Ressha
#9 Police Ressha
#10 Fire Ressha

Scope Ressha
Shield Ressha
Energy Ressha
Build Ressha
Drill Ressha

Kyoryuger Ressha
Den-O Ressha

Goranger Ressha
JAKQ Ressha
Battle Fever Ressha
Denziman Ressha
Sun Vulcan Ressha
Goggle-V Ressha
Dynaman Ressha
Bioman Ressha
Changeman Ressha
Flashman Ressha
Maskman Ressha
Liveman Ressha
Turboranger Ressha
Fiveman Ressha
Jetman Ressha
Zyuranger Ressha
Dairanger Ressha
Kakuranger Ressha
Ohranger Ressha
Carranger Ressha
Megaranger Ressha
Gingaman Ressha
GoGo-V Ressha
Timeranger Ressha
Gaoranger Ressha
Hurricaneger Ressha
Abaranger Ressha
Dekaranger Ressha
Magiranger Ressha
Boukenger Ressha
Gekiranger Ressha
Go-Onger Ressha
Shinkenger Ressha
Goseiger Ressha
Gokaiger Ressha
Go-Busters Ressha

Rider Ressha
Gaim Ressha

Shuppatsu Shinko Ressha- Premiere Event
Eiga Ressha- Movie Event

Dozer Ressha
Mixer Ressha
Crane Ressha
Claw Ressha
Safari Ressha
Hyper Ressha

gonna be one long ass train if you collect them all :X

Watch Da Birdie

Last I heard it's not doing great in the ratings, but that doesn't matter, because it's doing SUPER good in toy sales. Like, straight up crushing it. Which is the real metric by which a Rider series is considered successful or not.

All they need to do is include a rare Lock Seed with the Wii U Version of Battride War 2 and the Wii U will be saved in Japan!

Rajack

Black and Black RX were talking in the trailer even though they obviously don't have their original voice. I wouldn't rule out some dialogue there. It's a shame that Kabuto's original actor won't return anytime soon, and his e excellent replacement voice actor from the games died. Stronger already has a good replacement voice at least, if they bother bringing the same replacement VAs back, rather than just throwing in random people to voice them.

Didn't you hear that Mizushina Hiro got back into acting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY8UqAacTiQ

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Megaranger 01

Isn't this just the plot to The Last Starfighter?

Pretty much, yes.

I watched 2 episodes and decided to not watch anymore for now. Didn't really catch me - it's mostly the 90's that looks like 50's footage that drove me away.

Zynx

Gaim 19

Gaim continues to be awesome. Besides everything good about it that has already been mentioned many times in this thread, episodes deliver on their teasers.

reading toq toy reviews, apparently the trains used for the train morpher are the trains of the mecha... which is fucking brilliant. Shit's gone full circle.

There are zordbuilder like ports on the thing, so its gonna be interesting to see what do the legacy sentai dessha do for the mecha.

Gaim 19

How is this show not halfway over yet? Crossing my fingers they will be able to keep up the action and pacing through the end. Still patiently waiting for the answer to What did Micchy see? so I guess we'll see if we have a chance at it next week. If not next week, then I assume they're saving it for the halfway point and consequences resulting from the revelation will bring us through to the end of the series.

My free time to catch up on shows has all but dried up in the meantime so I don't anticipate getting through my backlog anytime soon, but at least I'm still able to set aside time for Gaim each week.

vareon

reading toq toy reviews, apparently the trains used for the train morpher are the trains of the mecha... which is fucking brilliant. Shit's gone full circle.

There are zordbuilder like ports on the thing, so its gonna be interesting to see what do the legacy sentai dessha do for the mecha.

Does any of the reviews mention whether the Toq Oh toys are compatible with Tomica's railways?

This is important.

LostAnkh

Gaim 19

How is this show not halfway over yet? Crossing my fingers they will be able to keep up the action and pacing through the end. Still patiently waiting for the answer to What did Micchy see? so I guess we'll see if we have a chance at it next week. If not next week, then I assume they're saving it for the halfway point and consequences resulting from the revelation will bring us through to the end of the series.

My free time to catch up on shows has all but dried up in the meantime so I don't anticipate getting through my backlog anytime soon, but at least I'm still able to set aside time for Gaim each week.
It seems this show is going to have several arcs, although some of them could have been a lot longer. And the mystery thing is going to be revealed in the next episode, considering what happened in this episode.

Anyways, did anybody see the new scans for Gaim? Because it just screams money to be thrown at the screen. I'll be getting the Lockseed and the Figuarts for that form, thank you very much, as my wallet continues to cry "This stings..."

Gaim is killing my wallet with the Lockseeds and Figuarts.

Watch Da Birdie

We're actually beginning a new arc according to the official site...

First 12 Episodes was "Lock Dealer".
Next set was the "Yggdrasil Arc".
And Episode 20 begins the "Helheim Arc" apparently.

And, wow, Kachidoki Arms looks really great...can't believe it's not the final form.

Also interesting to see we're getting a Boss Invase.

Top Bottom