• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So apparently in the Baron/Zangetsu V-Cinema,
Takatora and Micchy's father is shown (in flashbacks maybe?).

He's played by the guy who played Ryubee Sonozaki in W.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
BFnvtbSCAAACLqu.jpg:large

BFnxBosCcAA5JL4.jpg:large

BFnxYOoCAAABqWj.jpg:large

What was the point of this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFnvtbSCAAACLqu.jpg:large[img]
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFnxBosCcAA5JL4.jpg:large[img]
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFnxYOoCAAABqWj.jpg:large[img]

What was the point of this?[/QUOTE]

Putting tons of effort and doing a great job at editing out things that don't necessarily need to be edited out and then putting no effort into the things that matter?

shaowebb

Got Battride War 2 for Xmas. Enjoying it finally. Anyone know how to get the DLC? I can't navigate the Sony Store :C

If I could maybe buy it from a link online using my jap login and then have it download that'd be good.Really would be nice to get Kiwami arms and whatever else is in it.

Got Battride War 2 for Xmas. Enjoying it finally. Anyone know how to get the DLC? I can't navigate the Sony Store :C

If I could maybe buy it from a link online using my jap login and then have it download that'd be good.Really would be nice to get Kiwami arms and whatever else is in it.

SEN seems to be down at the moment but once it does come back online I'll get both of the web links for Zangetsu Shin & Kiwami Arms for you. Enjoy the game, buddy!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
So it seems that the Ninninger announcement meeting is going to be held on the 24th and 25th of January.

However, this doesn't mean we won't be seeing news about the show until then. The cast will probably be confirmed some time within this year (some say at the end of the week when ToQger airs will be when the cast is announced).

Cast has been posted on twitter: https://twitter.com/zyutarou_komcom/status/548183856470171648

Basically confirmed the leaks that were on 2ch. Now ppl are just waiting on character names.

jwk94

In terms of storyline Tensou and Gosei could have been replaced with smart phone notifications and texts
"then the super mega powers come in a simple update with new zords as apps. " that actually sounds kind of interesting. We need more tech seasons.

javadoze

Full cast and crew for Ninninger just got announced!

Kento Shimoyama is our first time head writer for the show. He wrote various episodes of Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, and, most importantly, the amazing Go-Busters Returns special. Here's some examples of his work.

Though the director actually isn't Koichi Sakamoto (rather, it's the current ToQger director), I feel like Kento Shimoyama is an interesting choice for the writer, especially since he's written some of the good Gokaiger episodes. This will be an interesting show for sure.

In terms of storyline Tensou and Gosei could have been replaced with smart phone notifications and texts

That...

That's brilliant.

Full cast and crew for Ninninger just got announced!

Kento Shimoyama is our first time head writer for the show. He wrote various episodes of Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, and, most importantly, the amazing Go-Busters Returns special. Here's some examples of his work.

Though the director actually isn't Koichi Sakamoto (rather, it's the current ToQger director), I feel like Kento Shimoyama is an interesting choice for the writer, especially since he's written some of the good Gokaiger episodes. This will be an interesting show for sure.

Strong family bit here.

Akaninger/Igasaki Takaharu will be played by Shunsuke Nishikawa. Nishikawa has practiced Judo for five years.

Aoninger/Kato Cloud Yakumo will be played by Gaku Matsumoto. This will be Matsumoto’s first role as a main cast member.

Kininger/Matsuo Nagi will be played by Kaito Nakamura.

Shironinger/Igasaki Fuka, who is the sister of Takaharu, will be played by Yuka Yano. Yano will also be acting in her first main cast role.

Momoninger/Momochi Kasumi will be played by Kasumi Yamaya. Yamaya acted as Rumi Komaki in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Wizard & Fourze: Movie War Ultimatum and also had a role in Space Sheriff Shaider: NEXT GENERATION.

Igasaki Tsumuji, the father of Takaharu and Fuka, will be played by Toshihiro Yashiba.

Last Ninja/Igasaki Yoshitaka, the grandfather of Takaharu and Fuka, will be played by Takashi Sasano.

WarRock

Seems like a promising line up.

So, I watched the Decade x Shinken episodes. Three things:

- DiEnd is such an useless character, ugh
- C'mon, they really tease the Takeru x Tsukasa fight just to not deliver it!?
- Dude, the visual effects for the Shinkengers during the Decade episodes are so much better than the ones in their actual series...

jwk94

Pretty glad that Linkara linked Jungle Fury. I'm also surprised he's set a date for the RPM review. At this rate, he'll be caught up by next Christmas. With the Megaforce references he placed in his JF review though, I'm lead to believe he's been watching Mega/Super Megaforce as they aired or at least watching them period? Is that right?

So Ninninger is the 40th year anniversary show. We should at least hopefully get a hefty Gorenger tie-in, not just counting the obvious homage in the ranger names. And I still want an all-ninja sentai crossover.

NeonZ

So Ninninger is the 40th year anniversary show. We should at least hopefully get a hefty Gorenger tie-in, not just counting the obvious homage in the ranger names. And I still want an all-ninja sentai crossover.

If it's an anniversary, I guess a crossover movie is pretty much guaranteed. Kind of odd that they moved the date of the anniversary, considering how they usually seemed to go with the number of shows though.

Pluto

If it's an anniversary, I guess a crossover movie is pretty much guaranteed. Kind of odd that they moved the date of the anniversary, considering how they usually seemed to go with the number of shows though.
It changes all the time, they celebrated Liveman as the 10th series (when Goranger and JAKQ were not considered to be part of Super Sentai), then they celebrated again the next year because Turboranger premiered 10 years after Battle Fever J (which was the first Super Sentai back then), Dairanger was celebrated as the 15th anniversary and two years later they celebrated 20 years with Ohranger (Goranger and JAKQ now count as asuper Sentai) by giving it a movie and all that stuff and Carranger got a 20th series logo, Since then they consistently celebrated the 25th, 30th and 35th series, now they're apparently back to celebrating actual anniversaries.

Basically: Toei does what Toei wants, if they want to celebrate they'll find a reason, expect another celebration in 2016 for the 40th Super Sentai.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
There was apparently a small segment with show footage shown on the news this morning but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I guess it won't be long till we see it anyway, but eh.

Defuser

One or two family relation is ok but the whole team? I like to have some romance in it. But the family relation angle kills it.

Slayven

Man, ToQger today was great, really great

Also that next preview

b1PKR9x.jpg

Wagon's suit actress is a nice resume

Mahou Sentai Magiranger (2005-2006) - MagiBlue/Legend MagiBlue, MagiMermaid
Engine Sentai Go-Onger (2008-2009) - Go-On Silver
Tensou Sentai Goseiger (2010-2011) - Gosei Yellow
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger (2011-2012) - Gokai Pink and her Gokai Changes
Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters (2012-2013) - Escape Evolve[1]
Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger (2013-2014) - Kyoryu Pink
Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z (2013) - Kyoryu Pink
Ressha Sentai ToQger (2014-2015) - ToQ 5gou[2], Wagon[3]
Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai (2014) - ToQ 5gou

One or two family relation is ok but the whole team? I like to have some romance in it. But the family relation angle kills it.

It's not the whole team.

Red and White are brother and sister, with the mentor characters being their father and grandfather. Everyone else is unrelated.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So this season will combine the Ninja Theme (Kakuranger/Hurricanger) with the Family Theme (Fiveman/GoGoFive/Magiranger). Knocking out two "Fleeting Demographics" at once. Smart.

WarRock

It changes all the time, they celebrated Liveman as the 10th series (when Goranger and JAKQ were not considered to be part of Super Sentai), then they celebrated again the next year because Turboranger premiered 10 years after Battle Fever J (which was the first Super Sentai back then), Dairanger was celebrated as the 15th anniversary and two years later they celebrated 20 years with Ohranger (Goranger and JAKQ now count as asuper Sentai) by giving it a movie and all that stuff and Carranger got a 20th series logo, Since then they consistently celebrated the 25th, 30th and 35th series, now they're apparently back to celebrating actual anniversaries.

Basically: Toei does what Toei wants, if they want to celebrate they'll find a reason, expect another celebration in 2016 for the 40th Super Sentai.
Jesus.

Isn't pretty common to older toku to have whole families as a team? Back when the internet was a small thing, I remember reading on magazines about 70s toku a lot of them had all brothers/sisters line ups.

shaowebb

Been playing more Battride War and I just got to the Fourze Fusion states movie battle on the bike everyone complained about. Yeah...I see why. You can hardly steer the bike fast enough to keep track of where the lock on camera wants you to go to hit that flying dude and it keeps moving around making it hard to hit. Worth it though...this is the fight that unlocks from Kuuga all the way up to W.

Kabuto is fun so far. Really enjoying the Rider Canceling into "1,2,3, Rider Kick". Im just canceling his strings into numbers then bustin out the kick on Caucasus.

Best to use so far:

Gaim (orange and strawberry are his best and his damage is good)
OOOs (Cheetah combo is faster than bikes and incredible, Shashaota is great for crowds because tentacles, Gatakiriba is a mix of crowd clearing and speed and has an insane rider kick, and Tajador lets you fly around to deal with flyers)

only issue I have is unlike musou titles that have at least 7 or 8 combo strings to work with this game only has around 3 per form. A square, triangle and circle combo with the ability to rider cancel them...except sometimes you can't cancel them to combine them and also except that some forms do the same thing on Triangle and Circle giving that form only one combo strings outside of the air. Really limited here. The air combo would be better if there was at least one dedicated launcher strings to input like Dynasty Warriors makes certain to include in each moveset.

This flaw plus load times plus sketchy cameras makes it fun, but nothing huge. It can definitely grow into something though...just needs more strings and camera work to take off.

Slayven

Been playing more Battride War and I just got to the Fourze Fusion states movie battle on the bike everyone complained about. Yeah...I see why. You can hardly steer the bike fast enough to keep track of where the lock on camera wants you to go to hit that flying dude and it keeps moving around making it hard to hit. Worth it though...this is the fight that unlocks from Kuuga all the way up to W.

Kabuto is fun so far. Really enjoying the Rider Canceling into "1,2,3, Rider Kick". Im just canceling his strings into numbers then bustin out the kick on Caucasus.

Best to use so far:

Gaim (orange and strawberry are his best and his damage is good)
OOOs (Cheetah combo is faster than bikes and incredible, Shashaota is great for crowds because tentacles, Gatakiriba is a mix of crowd clearing and speed and has an insane rider kick, and Tajador lets you fly around to deal with flyers)

You can actually turn into their forms fully not just as part of moves?

shaowebb

You can actually turn into their forms fully not just as part of moves?

Yes. For example on Gaim you hit right on the dpad or R1 and you will see him choosing his next lockseed. Hit down on Dpad to transform and swap movesets. OOO's has all his combos but you can't mix and match like in Chou Climax Heroes. Fourze I haven't played yet but will check out expecting him to be like OOOs.

As you level you unlock more forms. Gaim will unlock Pineapple then Strawberry and likely be your first form changer and he's pretty good. W will be the first you achieve ultimate forms for since his movie comes first which unlocks it vs Eternal. The first fight will let you play in his gold Extreme form and the second one you unlock will be Extreme. These states are temporary to play in and require meter to transform into but they are very fast and powerful. Sengoku Basara speed and power is a fair analogy though just as limited as the rest of the Battride strings in variety. Also I think some states may be stage specific, but I haven't tested that.

To level you need to clear chronicle mode to unlock the second game options...survival. Play in survival to unlock some of 177 figurines to equip onto characters. You unlock them in survival, then buy them from the imagin in the shop. Then you can equip them for various stat boosts and abilities and you can even level the figures as well.

There is an english guide that you can find here to help you use the figures and know which figure is which and what abilities it will grant a player that equips it.

Slayven

OOOs and Fourze being about mix and match would have been too great.

Battleride 2 prices are nearly sane so I might pick it up soon

shaowebb

OOOs and Fourze being about mix and match would have been too great.

Battleride 2 prices are nearly sane so I might pick it up soon

Its fun enough that I say go for it and if you own a PSP do not miss out on Chou Climax Heroes or All Rider Generation 2. Both are great titles and a lot of fun. Hoping to see more Battride war someday, but with the new Summonride thing I may not.

WillyFive

I probably would have enjoyed Jungle Fury of I hadn't seen Gekiranger before it. Going from the best Sentai of the decade to the obnoxious Kalish noise made it seem more like trash tham it necessarily was.

Top Bottom